ITT: Post your reactions to last night's game in an alternative reality where Mourinho never got sacked

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Phew!

Squeaky bum time but we held out again! Ideally, I think we want to get past the position of holding onto a 1-0 lead against nine men for the last fifteen minutes, but Jose is right, this is his ultimate achievement getting us in this battle for sixth.

Anyone else think that we should have kept Greenwood though? I know Jose said he wasn't ready, but Everton are absolutely reaping the benefits.

Anyway, I do think there's a chance we can push for Europe this season. We just need to properly back Jose in the transfer market, 400 million only goes so far!

GazTheLegend

I know he's unpopular but if Fellaini had scored his chance at the end, it would have been 2-0 and nobody would be complaining about Jose. Hasentutl was happy that Southampton managed 70% possession with nine men but they only managed the 20 shots on goal, so it's like Mourinho said, "30% possession cannot beat one goals". It's nice seeing a bit of passion.

Dr. StrangeHate

Phew!

Squeaky bum time but we held out again! Ideally, I think we want to get past the position of holding onto a 1-0 lead against nine men for the last fifteen minutes, but Jose is right, this is his ultimate achievement getting us in this battle for sixth.

Anyone else think that we should have kept Greenwood though? I know Jose said he wasn't ready, but Everton are absolutely reaping the benefits.

Anyway, I do think there's a chance we can push for Europe this season. We just need to properly back Jose in the transfer market, 400 million only goes so far!
Whichever alternate reality we find ourselves in, one thing is for sure, you would have been backing Jose through thick and thin like a true Man United fan.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Perisic was crap except for the cross at the end. Thank god it deflected in off Fellaini’s knee.

IRELANDUNITED

Bringing on 2 center backs and a central defensive midfielder when playing against 9 men isn't something many managers would do, but it got us over the line.

Mindhunter

Why do we need to visualize worst-case hypothetical scenarios from a previous regime to feel grateful about a 9-0 win?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why is Jose going on about 7 Saints players would've got in our lineup tonight?

fps

I’m still not convinced Scott’s best position is centre half. Pleased to see Lukaku on the scoresheet but that mobility scooter really shouldn’t be allowed on the pitch. A decent point in the circumstances.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Horrible game but the 3 points is all that matters. Young’s cross for the Fellaini goal was really good. Lingard still looks weird in the 7 shirt though..

Red_Aaron

Last nights game ended 9-0, under mou the reaction would be

Another masterclass from Mou. Every single goal was 100% down to him, I can't even remember who scored them and let's be honest it's irrelevant because it's solely down to the manager anyway.

Most pleased with the clean sheet and this is the perfect response for those calling for Shaw to be here instead of being on loan at Bristol Rovers (who shipped 6 tonight by the way). Good to see Greenwood get 5mins at the end at least Mou is trying to uphold our silly traditions even though he's no chance of getting in ahead of lukaku in our 6-3-1 formation

If only we could have brought on someone like Martial or Rashford - shame we sold them.

lukaku’s weight watchers programme is not working, he lasted 20 mins before he couldn’t breathe.

fanutd

After looking at the season Luke Shaw is having at Everton and Martial is having at Inter, we sure could have used them last night against a 9 men Southampton to do better than a last minute draw.

pablo__p

The game wasn't really a spactacle, however, a lack of goals (or shots for that matter) was not the hottest topic last night. The real talking point is the alleged statement made by Mourinho who played a 39 yo Michael Carrick along with Jesse Lingard in a midfield two. Will this convince the board to finalize the deal in which Luke Shaw joins Shandong Luneng in exchange for Mauran Fallini?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Are you saying Joses not manager in your reality?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Shaw was so bad that Jose had to literally take him off at half time. 30m sigh !!!

Based Adnan

Got the goal and completely controlled the game from there on in. Most comfortable 1-0 you'll ever see, Perisic motm.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It's so nice of Fergie to come out of retirement to save the club from complete despair on a night like this, winning 10-0. José accepted to step down after a brief conversation of a bowl of soggy haggis

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Got the goal through a early deflected effort, having taken advantage of Southampton's early dismissal. Shame we couldn't build on from that early promise.
Sanchez is looking ok but I'm still not convinced with Shane Long uptop and Willian continues to underwhelm on the right.

Last edited:

MoskvaRed

Another strange thread. Jose is a dick and I’m glad he is now Tottenham’s problem but I don’t get the need to pick at old wounds after a 9-0 win.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another strange thread. Jose is a dick and I’m glad he is now Tottenham’s problem but I don’t get the need to pick at old wounds after a 9-0 win.
Just people having a laugh.

0le

Mourinho was the reason for Shaw's performance.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Greenwood scored 5 v Liverpool under 23 at the weekend. Jose could have put him on the bench at least.

Born2Lose

Great 3 points, win at the weekend and we're out of the relegation zone.

Couldn't believe my eyes when Mou imitated Curbishley's dance from the FA Cup at the final whistle.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Left it late but an excellent result against a resilient Soton team. We must never underestimate a team playing the entire match with 10 men. It gave them a different belief and motivation and we had to adapt accordingly. The defensive courage and bravery we showed when they changed to the soaring 441 formation was brilliant.

For Everton I think he'll go with:

DDG
Maguire - McTominay - Smalling - Matic
Fellaini - Longstaff
Willian - Mandzukic - Perisic
Lukaku​

Lingard, Sanchez, Bale off the bench. Dier, Young and Valencia deserve a night off after their incredible efforts last night.

Chairman Steve

Willans cross to Lukaku was great. Not sure Lukaku meant to bobble it over the keeper and in off the bar.

Desperately need to get Jerome Boateng in our back line and these youngsters can feck off back to the U23s... learn some defensive discipline quick or it’s off to bed with no dinner.

AshRK

I think we should sack Jose and appoint Ole. Might be controversial but we would have beaten Southampton 9-0.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I don't understand how we can play so negatively against a team with 9 men, then I realise who manages us.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Left it late but an excellent result against a resilient Soton team. We must never underestimate a team playing the entire match with 10 men. It gave them a different belief and motivation and we had to adapt accordingly. The defensive courage and bravery we showed when they changed to the soaring 441 formation was brilliant.

For Everton I think he'll go with:

DDG
Maguire - McTominay - Smalling - Matic
Fellaini - Longstaff

Willian - Mandzukic - Perisic
Lukaku​

Lingard, Sanchez, Bale off the bench. Dier, Young and Valencia deserve a night off after their incredible efforts last night.
That lineup is terrifying, especially the back 6

RedCurry

That 55 min monologue was absolutely truth!

Shaw cannot cross unless there is a bucket of KFC on the other side!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hope we can stay at this position in the table and qualify for the Europa League. Gonna be tight and Adidas will be mad as hell if we're not in Europe again next season.