Ivan Perisic

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Coming off a brilliant season at Inter, will add a lot of threat from LWB that Sessegnon and particularly Reguilon are incapable of. They had a combined 7 goal contributions in the league whilst Perisic had 15.
Young had 4 assists last year with Inter. Not saying Perisic would be a bad signing but Serie A isn't exactly a number to go by.

Red4Life_#7

Definitely a good player to have in a squad. He has an incredible engine, great signing for Spurs. I've always liked him, he would have been great for us if Mourhino had got his wish. Instead Perisic won the CL with Bayern.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Young had 4 assists last year with Inter. Not saying Perisic would be a bad signing but Serie A isn't exactly a number to go by.
Yeah, let me understand this: Kulusevski and Bentancur were dogsh*te for Juve in the last couple years, yet they are now setting the PL on fire. Is the PL so worse than Serie A then, am I doing right? Hint: nope, it depends both on the environment and the pressure on the players. The latest instalments of United and Juventus were so shite that any player underperformed, irrespective of their median value. Perisic is still very good and perfectly suited to the 1-2 years window allowed to Conte and his PL title shot.

bond19821982

Yeah, let me understand this: Kulusevski and Bentancur were dogsh*te for Juve in the last couple years, yet they are now setting the PL on fire. Is the PL so worse than Serie A then, am I doing right? Hint: nope, it depends both on the environment and the pressure on the players. The latest instalments of United and Juventus were so shite that any player underperformed, irrespective of their median value. Perisic is still very good and perfectly suited to the 1-2 years window allowed to Conte and his PL title shot.
Someone got offended. Dude, either you didn't get my point or you are painting a picture I didn't mean.

i will stick to my point - Serie A numbers aren't exactly a scale to go by and especially for a 33 year old, it could be go both ways. 14 assists in serie A isn't exactly something to boast about.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Someone got offended. Dude, either you didn't get my point or you are painting a picture I didn't mean.

i will stick to my point - Serie A numbers aren't exactly a scale to go by and especially for a 33 year old, it could be go both ways. 14 assists in serie A isn't exactly something to boast about.
Nope, you are just applying a lazy prejudice to downplay just another very good player. Bye.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Good signing for them. I wish we went for him. He is still better than any of our lw options (not including Sancho).

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Over the last 10 years the best PL seasons by a wide player (FB, WB, winger) aged 33+ are probably Ashley Young taking up space at 33 for Mourinho's United, Pablo Zabaleta who started for a bad West Ham team at 33, and Damien Duff once having a decent year for a bad Fulham squad. You probably have to go back to Giggs to find a wide player in the PL who was really still a top player at 33 or older.

Perisic has had a great career but its asking a lot for him to come to the PL and smash it in a wide position. He might still be a useful rotational player who can bring some experience and winning mentality to the squad but I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

IrishRedDevil

Over the last 10 years the best PL seasons by a wide player (FB, WB, winger) aged 33+ are probably Ashley Young taking up space at 33 for Mourinho's United, Pablo Zabaleta who started for a bad West Ham team at 33, and Damien Duff once having a decent year for a bad Fulham squad. You probably have to go back to Giggs to find a wide player in the PL who was really still a top player at 33 and beyond.

Perisic has had a great career but its asking a lot for him to come to the PL and smash it in a wide position. He might still be a useful rotational player who can bring some experience and winning mentality to the squad but I wouldn't expect anything more than that.
Arsenal fan in the mud, Spurs on the rise.

Charles Miller

I don't know why i used to think its was absurd to sign him four years ago. It turns out i was wrong, he is a very good player and probably would've done better than what we had those years.

Pintu

How much did he cost from Inter or was it a free?
Nothing. Free agent. Inter apparently didn’t offer him what he wanted, they anticipated this exit in January by recruiting German wingback Robin Gosens form Atalanta.

Pintu

What 14 assists? The last time Perisic hit double figures in Serie A was in 2018, back then he played as left forward… I’m pretty certain Barella and Çalhanoglu were their main assist providers this year.

He used to be a decisive player, but he is not getting any younger. It will be a flop.

bond19821982

What 14 assists? The last time Perisic hit double figures in Serie A was in 2018, back then he played as left forward… I’m pretty certain Barella and Çalhanoglu were their main assist providers this year.

He used to be a decisive player, but he is not getting any younger. It will be a flop.
Ok my bad, I was going by numbers from an earlier post. The while discussion started with that point. I agree, I didn't go back and confirm.

bond19821982

Nope, you are just applying a lazy prejudice to downplay just another very good player. Bye.
Not really. You call that as a lazy prejudice but we call it as reality. EPL isn't Serie A especially for a 33 year old.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Not really. You call that as a lazy prejudice but we call it as reality. EPL isn't Serie A especially for a 33 year old.
Nice. I am still waiting for your reality to explain Kulusevski and Bentancur cases.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Great signing.

Don't care if he's 33, his stamina and fitness are elite and he's still quick. Will add a lot of quality and with how often our wing backs find themselves in great positions I expect him to bag plenty of goals and assists.

bond19821982

Nice. I am still waiting for your reality to explain Kulusevski and Bentancur cases.
So let me get this straight- to prove a point for the sake of it, you want me to compare a DM and a forward with a 33 year old wing back ?

Really ?

Mercurial

Great signing.

Don't care if he's 33, his stamina and fitness are elite and he's still quick. Will add a lot of quality and with how often our wing backs find themselves in great positions I expect him to bag plenty of goals and assists.
Yep, he is great. Those crosses will ping to Kane all day long.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
So let me get this straight- to prove a point for the sake of it, you want me to compare a DM and a forward with a 33 year old wing back ?

Really ?
Mate, I could not care less, really. Conte knows what he is doing in getting Perisic in and will play him in the most fruitful position for his project, to get the most out of him. That’s enough.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Kinda wanted this guy as Alonso's replacement.
I’m sure we tried and he indeed would’ve been a great backup or rotation option for Chilwell.

But at his age he probably wants to play every game for the last of his prime years which he certainly wouldn’t here.

bond19821982

Mate, I could not care less, really. Conte knows what he is doing in getting Perisic in and will play him in the most fruitful position for his project, to get the most out of him. That’s enough.
:lol: you could have just mentioned that in your original post and moved on.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very happy with this - he is still an excellent player who will bring much needed top level experience to the squad and a lot of quality to a position that is very important in Conte's system.

Leserafim

Supports
AS Roma
Somehow he is now a good signing at 33 years old. Wasn't good signing at 28 when Jose Mourinho wanted him according to fanbase full of clown with very bad football knowledge

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Means conte has some other priority signings. Now got him for free who can play in multiple position will be always good.

Great signing for spurs and three more signings incoming for you guys. Conte is creating a very good squad to not go into spursy mode when going gets tough.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Think Spurs need a right wing back more than a left wing back. Reguilon and Sessegnon are both very decent players but Royale and Doherty are a bit meh. Perisic is versatile but I would rate him higher on the left and I think that's where he's predominately been playing. Should do a reasonable job for Spurs but I can't see him improving them overly

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

Wasnt
Somehow he is now a good signing at 33 years old. Wasn't good signing at 28 when Jose Mourinho wanted him according to fanbase full of clown with very bad football knowledge
Wasnt it the board that didnt want to pay the last 5-10m Euros or so? Anyhow, he is now a free agent.

Think Spurs need a right wing back more than a left wing back. Reguilon and Sessegnon are both very decent players but Royale and Doherty are a bit meh. Perisic is versatile but I would rate him higher on the left and I think that's where he's predominately been playing. Should do a reasonable job for Spurs but I can't see him improving them overly

Yes versitaile and two footed! He could play on either wingback position, as well as function as a substitute for Son (or Kane if you move Son to the center). Regulion might be on his way out and was benched by Sessegnon on occasions in the end. Sessegnon has potential but as Perisic did under Conte needs to learn his defensive duties. I think it´s an excellent signing and will for sure improve Spurs.

It seems like Contes Tottenham will be to count with next season! With two or three more signings of Contes choice, I cant see United getting above them in the table.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We are going to get one most likely - I think we likely sell Royale but Doherty to be fair to him did have some very good performances at the tail end of the season and I think he is good enough as a squad option there.

ti vu

Yep, he is great. Those crosses will ping to Kane all day long.
Crossing is only one good quality to add. What else he brings is ball carrying which this Spurs is still short handed. With more outlet, and a good ball carrier, this leaves Son with more freedom to get into position for those goal seeking movement.

Since Mourinho time there, it's established that it's the best role for Son, than having him drop deep to pick up the ball. Kane playing as a false 10 to play-make also add another dimension to Spurs gameplan. On theory, this is a great addition.

Mercurial

Crossing is only one good quality to add. What he brings is ball carrying which this Spurs still short handed. With more outlet, and a good ball carrier, this leaves Son with more freedom to get into position for those goal seeking movement.

Since Mourinho time there, it's established that it's the best role for Son, than having him going deep to pick up the ball. Kane playing as a false 10 to play make also add another dimension to Spurs gameplan.
I rate Perisic, he will do well despite being 33, pretty down to earth elite athletic type. Very decisive player. And great in big games. Him and Kulusevski are great signings.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs need players to compete in 4 comps, Perisic is fine to play once a week off the bench in rotation. Played in Conte's system before, can cover several positions, and free xfer right? I don't see many drawbacks here for Spurs.

Clearly not a marquee signing at 33, but as a squad player I don't see a problem.