Ivan Perisic

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This came out of nowhere, I'll reckon he'll be a great signing for them lot.

arthurka

Perisic is class, brilliant engine and a wand of a foot. He will do well at Spurs.

city-puma

When Jose wanted him, he was just about reaching his peak. A wonderful player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good to see history being rewritten and player past is written based on their recent season.

He wasn't always class, since we failed to sign him, he had good and average season, one of the member responsible for dressing room division and was sent packing by Conte, at Bayern he barely played, they didn't sign him, then bit part role in Conte's title winning season and finally awesome season in 2021-22.

He would have been poor-average signing as wing forward for the money quoted, he is very good signing as wingback on free transfer, especially with manager who knows how to get best out of players.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jose likes him
Conte likes him

Theyre like the same person sometimes.

city-puma

Jose likes him
Conte likes him

Theyre like the same person sometimes.
Well, Jose wanted him to play as winger, but Conte wanted him converted to wingback. However, the ultimate purpose is same though, because they all used Lukaku as CF. :)
So, in some sense, you are right!

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Spurs need players to compete in 4 comps, Perisic is fine to play once a week off the bench in rotation. Played in Conte's system before, can cover several positions, and free xfer right? I don't see many drawbacks here for Spurs.

Clearly not a marquee signing at 33, but as a squad player I don't see a problem.
Think you're underplaying him here, he'll be coming in as a starter no question.

AndySmith1990

I remember the backlash here when Jose wanted to get rid of Martial and sign Peresic. In hindsight we'd have been much better off if we had gone through with it

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Think you're underplaying him here, he'll be coming in as a starter no question.
I appreciate he played as a starter in Italy, I think the PL is a different beast entirely. At 33 I see him playing in rotation as he will need some recovery time for a much more physically demanding league, or risk injury. That is not to say he will not play a big role, and I think it is a signing with little to no risk, given it cost nothing, and he knows Conte's system.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Hopefully he’s more Willian than anything else.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I remember the backlash here when Jose wanted to get rid of Martial and sign Peresic. In hindsight we'd have been much better off if we had gone through with it
At the time it was an absolutely horrific idea and would have been a sky high cost too.
I feel a few like to play captain hindsight with Jose and ignore that he'd as always totally melted down late on and was throwing players under the bus.
There was no surprise the likes of Martial and Shaw had great seasons once Jose was gone.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
At the time it was an absolutely horrific idea and would have been a sky high cost too.
I feel a few like to play captain hindsight with Jose and ignore that he'd as always totally melted down late on and was throwing players under the bus.
There was no surprise the likes of Martial and Shaw had great seasons once Jose was gone.
I don't think so. Perisic was absolute quality back then, just like he's now. He shows up in big games consistently and is super hardworking.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think so. Perisic was absolute quality back then, just like he's now. He shows up in big games consistently and is super hardworking.
It was horrible for being 29 and talk of about 60-70m as the fee.
When Jose is well known for getting a short term team together. That was the risk.

Especially in favour of what looked like our star up and coming Martial who could have gone on to great things.
The fact he didn't, doesn't mean it was wrong at the time for the club to veto.