Ivan Perisic

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yes, I do. The people who were so vocal in their criticism of Perisic, certainly.
Then I doubt any of you watched World Cup too considering just two or three games ago people were saying here he is average too.

redIndianDevil

You can see what Perisic would offer for us if we sign him right now, France are sitting very deep and letting Croatia have all the possession. At best he can put in crosses which haven't all been accurate. He is an inconsistent player who would have struggled for us if we had signed him and will probably be converted to a LB anyway by Mourinho.

The Bloody-Nine

You do realise even some Croatian fans said he is average back then?
Some England fans think Sterling had a great WC. Obviously, you are one of those who were shitting all over Perisic in the thread last summer.

I'll leave you to it.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
@Damien well played.

I did go back into the Perisic thread and thankfully I am not the only one crucifying him.

Hell you called him inconsistent but you prove a good point, football fans don't really know much.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Some England fans think Sterling had a great WC. Obviously, you are one of those who were shitting all over Perisic in the thread last summer.

I'll leave you to it.
I doubt I posted more than once in that thread. He is average player, not worth diacussion, I was actually surprised that Mourinho saw something in him, but considering we didn't bring him he probably saw no more than a squad player in him which is good.

TheRedHearted

Can he open a tight defence which is what we will face in 90% of our games?
I don’t remember us facing tight defences 90% of our games. Instead I saw a team that should have been threatening but had no full backs and no wingers. No width. And slow to move on a counter. Perisic is the opposite of that. As an option I can’t see how he wouldn’t strengthen the team. I also think he would love Mourinho because he is defensively strong. Also think he would love to play for a team like us.
He is great in a counter-attacking team where his speed and finishing will be of great use but when against a defensive team where you need more technical and creative skills he still lacks it IMO. That was the case when he was at Dortmund and Wolfsburg and haven't seen anything different in this World Cup.
We have Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku for creativity. Those are three starters for us.

On serious side, he's valuable player to have as an option, but to me not good enough as Martial or Sanchez or whoever is our first team wing option.

He brings something different to the table, but he also has to adjust to the Premiership as well. We all know how good Mkhi looked in Germany and how bad he looked at United.

At 29 he's not the best investment, considering how high his stocks will be, especially after the WC.
We would have got him for cheaper than now and let’s be honest- maybe wouldn’t have gotten Sanchez but who we all know his winger days are over. Buying him could have meant more of Martial up front. Maybe, but even more so- buying him meant we would have had more width in a season where our left side was not threatening considering the lack of a natural winger plus a natural LB (even though Young stepped up). Young + Perisic last season on the left is a pretty solid defense.

Not worth the 55 mil that Inter wanted.

From all reports Woody thought so too and wouldn't go above 30 mil.

We are not a bottomless pit of money.
Or he got a little cocky. I’m sure if he knew City would strut like they did and plus Perisic would score in a semi and a WC final he would have for sure spent it.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@Damien well played.

I did go back into the Perisic thread and thankfully I am not the only one crucifying him.

Hell you called him inconsistent but you prove a good point, football fans don't really know much.
Which is true. Even during this World Cup he has been quiet at times then great at others. I also said I'd rather Mourinho get all his first choice targets so there are no excuses and that I wanted us to bring in a leftback too as I couldn't see us doing great on the left without a proper leftback to support and still stand by that :)

Big difference between inconsistent and average/no better than Navas! You've took it well though.

ravi2

I'll leave you to it.
People actually think sterling had a great tournament? Wtf

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Which is true. Even during this World Cup he has been quiet at times then great at others. I also said I'd rather Mourinho get all his first choice targets so there are no excuses and that I wanted us to bring in a leftback too as I couldn't see us doing great on the left without a proper leftback to support and still stand by that :)

Big difference between inconsistent and average/no better than Navas! You've took it well though.
Mate, when you're bang to rights how else can you take it?! :lol:

Mourinho is a successful manager for a reason and perhaps an occasional glance on YouTube or watching one Inter game isn't decent enough research so a little more faith required from me in the future.

Please feel free to update my tag line.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I don’t remember us facing tight defences 90% of our games. Instead I saw a team that should have been threatening but had no full backs and no wingers. No width. And slow to move on a counter. Perisic is the opposite of that. As an option I can’t see how he wouldn’t strengthen the team. I also think he would love Mourinho because he is defensively strong. Also think he would love to play for a team like us.

We have Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku for creativity. Those are three starters for us.

We would have got him for cheaper than now and let’s be honest- maybe wouldn’t have gotten Sanchez but who we all know his winger days are over. Buying him could have meant more of Martial up front. Maybe, but even more so- buying him meant we would have had more width in a season where our left side was not threatening considering the lack of a natural winger plus a natural LB (even though Young stepped up). Young + Perisic last season on the left is a pretty solid defense.

Or he got a little cocky. I’m sure if he knew City would strut like they did and plus Perisic would score in a semi and a WC final he would have for sure spent it.
I still not want us to sign him for 55 mil even today.

We need a RW badly, we have enough LW.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Great tournament overall. Still not a player we should be looking to sign. Strange that so many seem to think that those two statements are incompatible. Karel Poborsky and Jordi Cruyff should've been all time greats here at United, too.

Even in the Norwegian studio they were going on about how he's a player who basically shows up and looks like a world beater every other year. He's about to turn 30 years old, and has yet to stand out in club football. But sure, Mourinho will make him a player that'll elevate us to league and CL contenders.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He isn't better than Young, I genuinely like Young but I wouldn't sign him today.

My opinion hasn't changed much. He's a good player, not great, who would work well for us. If we can sign him without much fuss then great otherwise we don't need him. All tournament he has been quiet with occasional flashes, especially in the last two games. That seems to be him down to a tee.

Marcus

Bumping this because I have a feeling that a loan for him is the most likely Sancho alternative.

How long does he have left on his contract?

I would presume after his success at Bayern he will be pushing for a 2-3 year contract somewhere rather than another loan.

arthurka

Hoeness has expressed his desire to keep him, never going to leave Bayern if they want to keep him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be happy with him as a loan, not sure if it's possible or if there's even any links. But considering we aren't signing Sancho and clearly haven't looked at anyone else, he'd be good. Starring quality player who can rotate in any of the attacking positions.

starman

Wanted him 3-4 years ago, I would still take him, albeit on loan if no Sancho, even than he would still be a very good squad player comfortable on both wings.

sillwuka

I'd take him on a loan if the Sancho move doesn't come off.

He could offer a similar impact to William at Arsenal, rotation squad player with proven end product.

Blackwidow

Yeah I get that. Shame but understandable.
He was the ideal player for Bayern last season - did not make trouble on the bench but delivered when he came on. And he had different abilities than Gnabry and Coman. Especially if you e.g. have good crossers from the right like Kimmich and Gnabry a left winger with heading abilities when you do crosses to the long post comes handy. Even if that worked in the final against PSG with Coman, too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Still good player imo even at his age, he still has the leg to offer in top level. Much better than injury prone Douglas Costa imo.

Squeaky Bumtime

He was the ideal player for Bayern last season - did not make trouble on the bench but delivered when he came on. And he had different abilities than Gnabry and Coman. Especially if you e.g. have good crossers from the right like Kimmich and Gnabry a left winger with heading abilities when you do crosses to the long post comes handy. Even if that worked in the final against PSG with Coman, too.
He still has a lot in his locker. I hope he'll pick a club in which he'll be a regular, he needs game time to be ready for the Euros. Possible loan to United would do him wonders but I think we aren't even considering it.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Great signing on a 2 year deal.

Still has a lot to offer at 33 years old.

BarcaSpurs

Coming off a brilliant season at Inter, will add a lot of threat from LWB that Sessegnon and particularly Reguilon are incapable of. They had a combined 7 goal contributions in the league whilst Perisic had 15.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He's one of the clutch players in the world. Also incredibly complete as a Footballer. Don't think he has any weaknesses at all.