Jérémy Doku

KeanoMagicHat

I think he’s a brilliant player to watch, one of the few players around who is worth watching for. Always tries to beat his man and is a wildcard.

Not sure he suits City that much and hopefully Pep doesn’t train it out of him, I can see him getting frustrated.

Prodigy24

Very overrated player. Didin't see what the big deal was when people were hyping him up in the beginning of the season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Top player.

Would instantly improve us.
He just isn't a top player though. Salah and De Bruyne are top players. I'm not sure Doku's even better than someone like Mitoma.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Who matches his acceleration though?
A decent amount of PL fullbacks. It may be exaggerated slightly but the general pace and athleticism in the PL is extremely high. I’ve seen some of MGs clips in La Liga and he’s burning guys for pace, and this is after being out for 18 months. Here he was a middling level of pace player in the PL.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Who matches his acceleration though?
Thats it theres very few defenders but I thought Gusto did realtively well with him yesterday, small agile guys usually do well in slowing up his end product.

Rossa

A decent amount of PL fullbacks. It may be exaggerated slightly but the general pace and athleticism in the PL is extremely high. I’ve seen some of MGs clips in La Liga and he’s burning guys for pace, and this is after being out for 18 months. Here he was a middling level of pace player in the PL.
Doku is ridiculously fast over the first 5-10 yards. I think quite a few matches him for top speed - Dalot would take him, but I'm talking about his ability to get past his first defender. Even Evra met his match in Lennon, but he kept Walcott in his pocket. It was just Lennon had that ridiculous acceleration from a standstill, and Doku is similar, if not as extreme perhaps. Not sure I can think of many that has that explosiveness - I think even Mbappe commented on him:
"In five years as a professional, I have never seen someone from a standing start demonstrate so much power."

Rossa

Thats it theres very few defenders but I thought Gusto did realtively well with him yesterday, small agile guys usually do well in slowing up his end product.
Cheers - I haven't seen much of Gusto, but I hear that he's doing quite well. Let's hope that changes quickly.

MiceOnMeth

I'd love to see some stats on this. What makes premier league fullbacks faster than bundesliga, serie A and la liga when everyone buys from each other?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'd love to see some stats on this. What makes premier league fullbacks faster than bundesliga, serie A and la liga when everyone buys from each other?
According to Sky, this season the fastest EPL player is van de Ven. He was joint 9th in the Bundesliga last season. Szoboszlai is another case, 31st in the Bundesliga last season and now fourth in the EPL. They seem to become faster, though. Van de Ven had 35.97 km/h top speed in 22/23 and in 23/24, he is at 37.38 km/h. Szoboszlai is at 36.76 km/h to last season's 35.21 km/h. Maybe gravity is lesser on the British Isles.or they have more tailwind.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Been very poor since he came back from Injury.. Still better to watch than Grealish.