Jérémy Doku

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All I know is that he absolutely walks past full backs but I’ve not paid enough attention to what happens after that.

marktan

Apparently off to City for 60m euros according to Romano?

Right footed but plays RW, strong dribbler with a decent left foot as well. If he turns out good I'll be sad because we badly need a dribbling RW.

Varun1

Apparently off to City for 60m euros according to Romano?

Right footed but plays RW, strong dribbler with a decent left foot as well. If he turns out good I'll be sad because we badly need a dribbling RW.
We need an overhaul of the fecking system more like...
Antony, Sancho, Pellistri, Amad - 4 players that we bought in the last 3 years, none can be trusted on the wings for one reason or another. Instead Eth resorts to Bruno on the wings!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
One of the best dribblers in the game already. At present, these dribbles don’t amount to much, however, if City can refine him he will be terrifying as his natural ability is frightening.

Zed is not dead

He’s good but won’t set the PL on fire.
He’s in the same mould as Saint Maximin and Adama Traore, spectacular, can create space out of nowhere but badly lacking end product.
There are also question marks around his fitness. Can he have an injury free season? He missed a lot of games in the last two seasons due to muscle injuries mostly.

However the real question is: Will Pep be able to improve him?

Redstain

I reckon he'll suit City well. When they had Sane / Sterling either side they were a very threatening team while Bernardo / Grealish bring the central midfield into play. It's the type of player if he adapts well could potentially resemble Mitoma at Brighton. Either way City have purchased well especially with the age profile of Gvardiol and Doku. If they get Olmo additionally, it will raise their team a few levels but you also have to consider the loss of Mahrez which is a big influence.

RedStarUnited

He’s good but won’t set the PL on fire.
He’s in the same mould as Saint Maximin and Adama Traore, spectacular, can create space out of nowhere but badly lacking end product.
There are also question marks around his fitness. Can he have an injury free season? He missed a lot of games in the last two seasons due to muscle injuries mostly.

However the real question is: Will Pep be able to improve him?
Haaland used to be injury prone too but City look after him like a kid. This is what pep said about it..

“I don’t know what he did in Dortmund, but we take care of him 24 hours,” said Guardiola. “We have incredible doctors and physios, they are behind him every second of the day. It’s difficult to understand why you spend a lot of money and then leave them – I don’t know what the other clubs do. Today, with this demanding schedule of games every three or four days, we have to take care of them. We know we have to be like a watch, because he’s so big. So the physios, the massaging of his backs, shoulders, tendons, everything.

“He works so much time inside the training centre, much more than on the pitch. Today, in modern football, players train more behind the scenes than on the pitch.”

He wont be jetting of to Miami and Dubai like we used to allow Pogba thats for sure.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No doubt we’ll sign RW dud after RW dud whereas City’s scouts will have gotten a better player in no time.

tomaldinho1

This is the kind of transfer that has more chance of doing well in the PL in my opinion - as long as you start with the raw physical and technical ability, you can then adjust to the league and most tactics because you won't have issues with the speed. Players we sign come in and immediately look sluggish no matter how clever or technical they are and it just makes their life so much harder.

Bwuk

I've not seen a lot of them but from the sounds of it he's the sort of winger City need. Someone with raw pace. They aren't blessed with that throughout the squad.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Huge gamble from City. He's the belgian Ousmane Dembélé and at the same stage Dembélé was when he left Rennes, he can dribble the whole opposing team then will send a cross or a shot in the stands, elite dribbler with no end product. Also has a worse injury record than Dembélé at the same age. I think it's a bit premature for him to go to a club like City but maybe Pep will work his magic on him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Watch him rip the league up while we still wait for Antony to do something…

johannes_fd

I doubt he will play much this season. Its hard to adjust to Peps system and he wont get much chances until he has. Huge x-factor in his game though, and potentially a good signing for the future.

mu4c_20le

Yep, all the stars in the universe seem to be aligned for this kid to become the next Mane.

avgp_1

Huge gamble from City. He's the belgian Ousmane Dembélé and at the same stage Dembélé was when he left Rennes, he can dribble the whole opposing team then will send a cross or a shot in the stands, elite dribbler with no end product. Also has a worse injury record than Dembélé at the same age. I think it's a bit premature for him to go to a club like City but maybe Pep will work his magic on him.
Pretty much. If he works out, hats off to Pep because he is still too unpredictable.

Zed is not dead

Merci Monsieur.
He actually has the same record in terms of output as Saint Maximin when Saint Maximin left for Newcastle.
Talented, spectacular, but he’ll require a lot of work from City’s coaches.

arthurka

Merci Monsieur.
He actually has the same record in terms of output as Saint Maximin when Saint Maximin left for Newcastle.
Talented, spectacular, but he’ll require a lot of work from City’s coaches.
Don't worry he will get that.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Seemed just like Sant Maximin the few times I've seen him. Fast, all the tricks and skills in the world, goes past players for fun, rarely produces much.

But I'm sure after a couple of seasons under Pep he'll be a nice little robotic back post tap in merchant like the rest of them.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He was Belgium's standout player in the last tournament they played in. Can't remember if it was the World Cup or the Euros.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
My mates is a Rennes fan, said Doku is good but terrible injury record.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
City don't need him. Someone like Palmer should be the one playing more.

amolbhatia50k

Doesn’t sound like a huge gamble. I’d love that Dembele here at United beating defenders with ease instead of our current lot. Seems like a player we need even more than City, if so.

Chief123

Just seen a 2 minute video. Yep we’re all fecked. He’s gonna be world class. Pack your shit up and let’s get outta here guys.

RVN1991

Thought he would've taken off by now but definitely talented and should improve massively working with a manager like Guardiola

amolbhatia50k

Looks like the explosive type of winger who beats defenders for fun - a profile we lack on the right.