Jérémy Doku

Righteous Steps

He's always showed this promise I'm not exactly sure why others can be astounded that he's a good dribbler, him being chosen for Belgium in 2021 was evident of his talent.

I think all it shows is that Pep is at this point simply in his own league when it comes to coaching. His system brings the best out of players from defence to midfield to attack. Consider that in ten years United have signed countless players and not one of them have enhanced their capabilities due to the system they were being adopted in (see Mount) the contrast is ridiculous.
Klopp does the same thing in terms of coaching, and De Zerbi to, i would say over limited viewing.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Well I posted this thread a year before ETH was our manager.
Not everything is his fault.
What’s our scouting network doing?
Scouting. Not their fault that their reports go in garbage bin.
You know that last scene from Indiana Jones when lost ark is stored in huge warehouse? That is what we do with scouts reports. :wenger:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He was amazing at the World Cup when he was only like 18. I really wanted him at United

He’s a joy to watch and an amazing signing for City.

Shits all over Antony and Sancho who cost a lot more.

Jeffthered

Yep. This guy can play. An astute signing. A level above Grealish, brings another dimension to that team. Haaland and Doku could play as a two and damage most defences.

Must be a dream for Rodri, Bernardo Silva etc.

BusbySAFDreams1

Yeah and we got Antony for 30m more.... Read this and be ready to throw up, how has he already got the same number of assists as Antony and he's played 1 less season..

saik

No fine tuning is needed. He suspected it was a joke, the detectors are fine.
It was so obvious you don't even need to suspect it. He has more assists in 1 game than Antony had in his whole time with us. :lol:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
File under the circularity of

Messi only looks good because of Xaviesta
Xaviesta only looks good because of the system
Guardiola only looks good because he got handed Xaviesta and Messi and a a system
The system is owner less

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
How's our Scouts missing this kind of players? No words here.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Loved his assist for Akanji.

Saw a stat today that he has 7 assists this season and Rashford has 7 assists in the last 3 seasons. We desperately need creators outwide. Mainoo and Amad, come save our season please.

gajender

When was the last time we actually bought true electric wide man last one was Di Maria I believe how long it has been .

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He seems a bit one dimensional. City put in 47 crosses today, pretty sure he was responsible for 90% of them.

Jev

He seems a bit one dimensional. City put in 47 crosses today, pretty sure he was responsible for 90% of them.
7 of them. I think he’s a good player and not predictable, Gusto just had a great game.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He put in about 10 but Haaland should have buried at least one. I agree he's been sound out a little, if someone can match his acceleration over the first 10 yards he struggles.

Oranges038

Genuinely don't see it with him, one dimensional and lacks the decision making and awareness in the final third to be a really top player.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's not that good is he?
Not particularly. But nobody genuinely watches City enough to care (he hasn’t scored or assisted since that Bournemouth game in November), so you’ll have to wait until City win another game 7-0 in the next few weeks where Doku does something, and the thread will get bumped again.

chris123

The way City played yesterday seemed devised to isolate Doku in 1v1 situations, and he did absolutely nothing. I think it is also a credit to how good Gusto was, but still he doesn't impress me that much.

suheilsworld

Watching him yesterday felt he slowed down the attack with all his unnecessary stopovers and waiting on the ball. Let city defense get back in shape before trying to run close to the corner line