J Stand

Brightonian

This is just so delightful!!

Something other clubs like City or Chelsea will never have.
O ye of little faith. City have had some lovely, lasting tributes to their loyal legends. Highlights include:

and let's not forget

I'm sure they feel all warm and tingly every time they see these lasting monuments to the club's enduring spirit of etc etc

More on topic, that Robson mural is cracking!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Did the Cantona mosaic also go up? Pics?
Yes it went up as well - its much smaller but looks great and was actually handmade by a United fan who did it for free so big thanks to him

I do actually have some pics and even video of some of the atmosphere in the concourse prematch - not sure of the quickest way to get them on here?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The mural is excellent but getting Robbo there for the unveiling is the icing on the cake. Truly marvellous. :)

robinrooney

The mural looks awesome

I met Robbo in Bangkok in 2011 just after the derby when Rooney scored the bicycle kick, lovely guy

Tribec

I've often suggested that the club should have done a Hall of Fame for our players, with busts of the players going in dotted around the ground. With those that died at Munich automatically put in first and then the rest voted for by the fans, in a similar way to this. Though I would add that the vote at the end of the season would be done by decade, as asking today's fans to vote on players from all era's will only lead to the modern players and the likes of the Holy Trinity being put in. This though could be a start, if enough money is continually raised, it would make the interior of Old Trafford look great.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
after a lot of lobbying from the J Stand commitee, the club have agreed to reduce all drinks prices in the ground by 50% from 3:30pm to 4:30pm tomorrow - ST holders should also have BOGOF vouchers that you can then use for the remaining hour upto kick off

The idea is to encourage fans to get in the ground early and build some atmosphere - the offer is valid for the whole ground, not just J Stand

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
after a lot of lobbying from the J Stand commitee, the club have agreed to reduce all drinks prices in the ground by 50% from 3:30pm to 4:30pm tomorrow - ST holders should also have BOGOF vouchers that you can then use for the remaining hour upto kick off

The idea is to encourage fans to get in the ground early and build some atmosphere - the offer is valid for the whole ground, not just J Stand
Lads ;)

Jacko21

Has this idea been trialled anywhere else? As in, is there evidence to suggest supporters will take up the offer? Or is it more of a trial, in the hope of yielding some results?

Sounds like a sensible idea, just wondered where it stemmed from.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Has this idea been trialled anywhere else? As in, is there evidence to suggest supporters will take up the offer? Or is it more of a trial, in the hope of yielding some results?

Sounds like a sensible idea, just wondered where it stemmed from.
Well this is the trial I suppose - basically some of the J Stand lads (and lasses!) would like to get in the ground early to create some prematch atmosphere, but many are reluctant due to the cost of alcohol inside, so had been pushing the club to do something to encourage fans to get in early.