Jack Grealish | Man City

saivet

For context the article mentions that Villa tried this after they had received the £100m bid from City, so it seemed like a bit of a ploy to delay the move and probably obvious to the Grealish camp hence why he would only want City, as he knew they were the only serious club. It would have also been an attempt to buy more time to wrap up their other transfer dealings.

The most odd thing in the article is that it says City didn't know about the £100m release clause.

spiriticon

I'm intrigued as to how he will fit in at City since his natural instinct and game is as far away from the Pep ethos as you're going to get.

"Running with the ball"? Pep will be apoplectic :lol:

Lentwood

Good player, strange signing.

Doesn't strike me as a Pep-type of player and I'm sure whilst Grealish's bold, confident style makes him a fans favourite at a club like Villa, im not sure he's better than what City have

Hammondo

I’ve watched him play and he draws in fouls everytime. End of the day football is about scoring goals to win goals. Why do you think Pep wants to dominate the ball and have higher percentage on the ball? Football is about the numbers.
Yes but individual's goals don't mean anything, only team goals.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Perhaps the most interesting thing about that article is that Villa didn't want to sell to City as they feel they're damaging the competition with their financial power and apparently many clubs share the same view.
Or they were angry City could have been tapping him up.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pep is truly in love with Chelsea. He's given up trying to fight it :D

Don't know why the second tweet cracks me up. He looks like a serial killer.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Good player, strange signing.

Doesn't strike me as a Pep-type of player and I'm sure whilst Grealish's bold, confident style makes him a fans favourite at a club like Villa, im not sure he's better than what City have
I wonder if Pep is going to try him as the false 9. He’s excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play and drawing fouls. With pace either side of him I think it could really work in a Pep setup. That being said, their interest in Kane suggests it isn’t Pep’s plan A.

Sylar

Thought it was 2 years ago. Then it we bought Bruno and we've only chased Sancho since
When we signed VDB (last summer) rumour was Ole wanted grealish, but Ed got him VDB as he was half price.

lsd

The Oracle
Amazing how we sign players ages before City yet their signings are immediately involved while ours have not even started training with us yet

Sylar

Amazing how we sign players ages before City yet their signings are immediately involved while ours have not even started training with us yet
What do you mean? Heaton has already played.

lsd

The Oracle
What do you mean? Heaton has already played.

It's a poor show from us however you want to look at it. City just seem much more professional how they run things compared to us.

Grealish and Sancho had the same involvement in the Euros yet one is ready to play while we allow the other to just travel round the world and hope he shows up at some point before Christmas

Sylar

It's a poor show from us however you want to look at it. City just seem much more professional how they run things compared to us.

Grealish and Sancho had the same involvement in the Euros yet one is ready to play while we allow the other to just travel round the world and hope he shows up at some point before Christmas
Well we don't know the circumstances behind it do we?

Varane we know the issue and there wasn't anything we could do

Sancho I won't comment as I haven't read behind it or why he's not with the squad or why it's Monday. There has to be a reason rather than us being unprofessional with this

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You're talking a few days difference between Grealish and Sancho, really not worth complaining about

Halftrack

Aye, we're literally incompetent at absolutely everything and we're the laughing stock of the footballing world. Embarassing. lol

TheReligion

Abusive

What a garbage post :lol:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Pep will get frustrated by his ball hogging.
I think Pep will get him to release the ball quicker, similar to Wijnaldum's transformation under Klopp.

I wonder if Pep is going to try him as the false 9. He’s excellent at holding the ball up and bringing others into play and drawing fouls. With pace either side of him I think it could really work in a Pep setup. That being said, their interest in Kane suggests it isn’t Pep’s plan A.
I could see him play deeper in central midfield as well. Whenever Villa was on the back foot last season (like vs us) you could see why. Quick thinking and doesn't lose the ball easily without drawing a foul.

tob

Bet City fans are feeling the same as when we saw Wayne Rooney playing for United for the first time. England's new wonderboy.

redrobed

He’s really not been good today. Can’t believe they’ve spent 100m for that level of performance. We dodged a bullet

chiz2kul

overrated and overpriced imo and he doesnt seem like a pep type player

El Zoido

It’s so weird seeing him in a club shirt that isn’t Villa.