Jack Grealish | Man City

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Proof that Man Utd is becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing transfer window. Top English players don't want to join anymore. City or Chelsea it is.
Doubt we were even in for him this summer.

DevTheRed

Quite envious of this one, he would’ve been a crowd favourite with us and you can just tell that he has all the qualities needed of a United player whilst seemingly loving the club.

Think he’ll do well at City, happy for him in a way just gutted it’s City he’s gone to. Like I said quite envious but this is life and unfortunately the timing wasn’t there.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he's a top player but still massively overrated. Spoken of as the 2nd coming of George Best or something.

Jezpeza

I think he's a top player but still massively overrated. Spoken of as the 2nd coming of George Best or something.
he’s played mainly second division football. Couple of decent seasons in the premier league with some injuries. Seemingly decent but he might be one of these that gets lost when he isnt the star of an also ran team. Like Zaha - hes mediocre but at palace absolutely everything is played through him which makes him look better.

for me, 100m is crazy for him, its way more than he is worth

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
really couldn’t careless about this one tbh.

yes Grealish is a good player but he isn’t any better than what they’ve got at the moment.

Bwuk

I have a feeling Pep is going to play him upfront as a false 9.

Sterling - Grealish - Mahrez
De Bruyne - Rodri - Gundogan

theklr

I mean, at least Maguire came in and was an automatic starter and huge upgrade, yet we were ridiculed for 1,5 year for overpaying .

Grealish, which arguably is neither of those things for City and as little decorated as Maguire was but cost £20 m more, what happens? City is almost praised by the media because everyone is so used to them overpaying and just somehow accept it for them.

Then Kane for 120m and Lukaku for 100m

Oil clubs are really destroying the fabric here and media is just turning their blind eye to it.

Its actually sad.

marktan

Annoying. One of the wide players available that actually improves them.

bosskeano

Proof that Man Utd is becoming more and more irrelevant with each passing transfer window. Top English players don't want to join anymore. City or Chelsea it is.
proof they'll let just about anyone with a keyboard get on the internet.....c'mon mate that's pure bollocks and a WUM it bloody obvious. No one is going to outspend City or Chelsea when they are funded by a country and a russian criminal.

Also...Grealish was NEVER a priority this summer, Sancho and Varane were the priorities and we got both. Sancho is English you know? Slabhead? Luke Shaw? AWB? All class players who are english that we've purchased in recent windows.

Jezpeza

yes Grealish is a good player but he isn’t any better than what they’ve got at the moment.
I agree. You can only have 11 players on the pitch. If he plays then sterling or mahrez or de brunye or silva or torres or foden wont so it doesnt add much to the overall picture other than that you can put out a world class second 11 for an fa cup 3rd round tie at scunthorpe.

its no real achievement to build a squad of two £50m+ Players In each position and win stuff.

Norris Cole

Surprised how much the Villa fans have turned on him; comes across very fickle.

Can't blame him for wanting to join the best team in the country atm. Was never gonna win anything at Villa

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I agree. You can only have 11 players on the pitch. If he plays then sterling or mahrez or de brunye or silva or torres or foden wont so it doesnt add much to the overall picture other than that you can put out a world class second 11 for an fa cup 3rd round tie at scunthorpe.

its no real achievement to build a squad of two £50m+ Players In each position and win stuff.
yes thats exactly my point, i don’t think Grealish is as good as any of those you’ve mentioned.

if they’d have signed Kane then I’d have been worried as he fits what they need much more but Grealish? I really don’t care.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
do you reckon they will sign kane?
I dunno, I did think Grealish was Pep's consolation prize from his board for not delivering Kane (because surely no club is going to spend 250m on just 2 players in 1 window) but that was before Kane decided to be a prick now I'm 50/50

Jezpeza

Well ofcourse. Kane hadnt wrecked his relationship with his club if he werent sure City would sign him.
This was what i was thinking. Kanes antics look like he is trying to break Levy down and force spurs hand in the sale. With Chelsea after lukaku i cant see where else he could be going

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
yes thats exactly my point, i don’t think Grealish is as good as any of those you’ve mentioned.

if they’d have signed Kane then I’d have been worried as he fits what they need much more but Grealish? I really don’t care.
Nah even give them Kane and let Lukaku go to Chelsea. Give us a clear run at Haaland. Grealish and Kane in their front 3 would have no pace in it and no threat in behind.

Jezpeza

I dunno, I did think Grealish was Pep's consolation prize from his board for not delivering Kane (because surely no club is going to spend 250m on just 2 players in 1 window) but that was before Kane decided to be a prick now I'm 50/50
i actually think it might happen. they can spend 250. Thats what happens when a club breaks FFP and all they get is a little fine.

i actually think Spurs best shout would be a sale to chelski for abraham and a wodge of cash

SirAnderson

For me it's not about that. It's about the fact that last year we could have had him, and that he was a player that genuinely would have preferred us but had no "option" but to make this move.

Not even I would want to stay at villa for another year in the Hopes that United may or may not come calling one day. 100mil was never going to happen from our side.
But yeah, in terms of what we have, I'm happy with that, but still feels crap.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
One of my favorite players to watch in the league. Not happy about this but we didn't have the space for him anyway.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I’ve long been a Grealish fan but I’m not sure if he’s that much better than Bernardo Silva if at all.
he isnt, and if you asked city fans 6 months ago, theyd have said the same.

Grealish is good but has never wow'd me. I've never watched him and thought, feck id love my club to sign him

dinostar77

Quite envious of this one, he would’ve been a crowd favourite with us and you can just tell that he has all the qualities needed of a United player whilst seemingly loving the club.

Think he’ll do well at City, happy for him in a way just gutted it’s City he’s gone to. Like I said quite envious but this is life and unfortunately the timing wasn’t there.
Agreed