Jack Grealish | Man City

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I wouldn’t write him off yet. He wouldn’t be the first Pep signing to have a slow first season only to turn out good in the end. Mahrez was far from perfect early on same as Cancelo. Rodri looked like a lightweight his first season. Clearly takes players some time to adapt with Pep.
Takes a bit of time to build up the blood level.

Idxomer

I wouldn’t write him off yet. He wouldn’t be the first Pep signing to have a slow first season only to turn out good in the end. Mahrez was far from perfect early on same as Cancelo. Rodri looked like a lightweight his first season. Clearly takes players some time to adapt with Pep.
Or Bernanod Silva who barely completed 90 minutes in his first season and his fitness was suspect with Monaco. The next season he looked to have the ability to play 3 games on the same day.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
No counter point then...
Take your pick:
34 games, 5 goals and 3 assists, 26 year old, PL proven, in a fully functional team for 100m, or
38 games, 5 goals and 3 assists, 21 year old, PL rookie, in a fully dysfunctional team for 76.5m

Not so tough call on who's been worse really.
Surely the one that cost much more money, is older and hasn’t needed to adapt to the league?
The main counter is that Sancho is playing for us; whereas Grealish is playing with probably the best attacking football team in the world.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The main counter is that Sancho is playing for us; whereas Grealish is playing with probably the best attacking football team in the world.
You came 2nd last season and Ronnie, Sancho and Varane were supposed to elevate you to a title shot? No. Back in August I got told many times they would.
Ronnie has delivered, Varane when fit has delivered.

Grealish has been poor for what its worth especially in terms of end product, so has Sancho. Its not a big deal nor the end of the world for either unless it happens again next season.
Its just hilarious people are laughing at a £100m player having a poor season whilst their own £76m wonderkid is doing the same given again in August it was clear Sancho was the far better deal.

For what its worth I believe Sancho has a better chance of turning it around than Jack.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You came 2nd last season and Ronnie, Sancho and Varane were supposed to elevate you to a title shot? No. Back in August I got told many times they would.

Grealish has been poor for what its worth especially in terms of end product, so has Sancho. Its not a big deal nor the end of the world for either unless it happens again next season.
Its just hilarious people are laughing at a £100m player having a poor season whilst their own £76m wonderkid is doing the same given again in August it was clear Sancho was the far better deal.

For what its worth I believe Sancho has a better chance of turning it around than Jack.
No he has not.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Take your pick:
And he's not part of the dysfunction? Team came 2nd last season signed Varane, Ronnie and Sancho and are now going to come 5th of 6th... Ronnie and Varane have delivered.
Grealish competes with Sterling and Foden and everyone here cries he's dropped. Sancho competes with Rashford... yet they've both now started 20 games each.

Edit: We'll say Varane has struggled too because I haven't seen enough of him to argue with those who have.

El Jefe

He was amazing for Villa. Everyone in the forum was fawning over him back then. Looked promising in the little playing time he got for England.

Hardly a surprise that a young, marketable player with lots of flair got love from the fans.

I'm sure I remember someone calling him the "Modern Day Ronaldinho"...:lol:
It was a crazy time on the caf. Every now and then there's a player that a large part of the forum collectively decides is the one. I'm convinced many barely watched the player but subscribe to the group think. James McCarthy was another one.

I thought I was going crazy with how much praise Grealish was getting. Go back and you'll see people laughing at suggestions that Bernardo and Mahrez were better. He was even being called the best player in the league. Truly strange times.

ForeverRed1

If he cost 50 million no one would say anything. The price tag just adds so much pressure to the signing. The argument he isn’t worth 100million is valid given the stats but commercially he adds something to the team.. and let’s face it that was part of the appeal. He is also a very good player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If he cost 50 million no one would say anything. The price tag just adds so much pressure to the signing. The argument he isn’t worth 100million is valid given the stats but commercially he adds something to the team.. and let’s face it that was part of the appeal. He is also a very good player.
What has Grealish added commercially? Shirt sales?

Redlyn

Not really a tough call on which deal is worse at the present moment. Just face it instead somehow brining last year's finish into it :lol:.

Lecland07

Thought he looked good in the second half against Leeds. He wasn't so hesitant in the way he was playing, which seems to have been an issue from the games I have seen him play. Could have had an assist if their other forwards bothered to run into the box when he got in behind.

I think he might work out better if they play with a proper striker next season.

Also, don't really get the dislike for him, to be honest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's too self indulgent and doesn't play well with the rest of the team. More interested in doing his own thing, beating his man and looking good. City players often do struggle in the first year so let's see how he does next season. So far he just doesn't seem a very City City player.

Myopic Gary Roberts

Supports
FC
He's too self indulgent and doesn't play well with the rest of the team. More interested in doing his own thing, beating his man and looking good. City players often do struggle in the first year so let's see how he does next season. So far he just doesn't seem a very City City player.

Aren’t you supposed to beat your man out on the left wing? Open the pitch out wide and get in behind..

Deffo a bit of wishful thinking going on here I guess.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Anyone who subs in Grealish in a serious game deserves to lose

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He created both chances tbf. Bit unlucky not to score, also great saves from Madrid. I don’t think he’s done badly.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was genuinely in awe before the game at being at the Bernabeu for this games atmosphere. He’s just not used to this sort of level, which makes him being the PL record fee all the more nutty

MDFC Manager

He was genuinely in awe before the game at being at the Bernabeu for this games atmosphere. He’s just not used to this sort of level, which makes him being the PL record fee all the more nutty
The stadium unveiling should have helped, no? :D

Mike Smalling

A toe save and a massive piece of bad luck prevented him from closing this game out.

Point the fingers at the defense before Grealish.

Stacks

It was a crazy time on the caf. Every now and then there's a player that a large part of the forum collectively decides is the one. I'm convinced many barely watched the player but subscribe to the group think. James McCarthy was another one.

I thought I was going crazy with how much praise Grealish was getting. Go back and you'll see people laughing at suggestions that Bernardo and Mahrez were better. He was even being called the best player in the league. Truly strange times.
He is world class at winning free kicks

Bobski

That was actually one of his better appearances for City, looked as if he belonged at that level.

MDFC Manager

A toe save and a massive piece of bad luck prevented him from closing this game out.

Point the fingers at the defense before Grealish.
Funny you say that, he was the one (crappily) defending the initial crosses into the box for both of Rodrygo's goals :lol:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
£100m for a male model. Commercial signing purely to continue the sports washing. Alas he has all the charisma and personality of a layby flower stall.

Lecland07

He looked good when he came on. Carvajal struggled to deal with him. Not sure why there is criticism. Weird.

If anything, that looked promising for his future outlook at the club.

If Foden held back, it would have been game over. Grealish was falling and could only get it across goal.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Exactly how and when was this man first considered a TopTop player?

Never a TopTop player.