Jack Grealish | Man City

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Rashford on the left would bring more than him. England doesn't need another player to slow the game down.

Judas

Open to offers
Hilarious to watch to be honest. Just dancing around with the ball running around like a 10 year old in the playground. Painful to witness when you're in need of a goal and he's intent on doing.....that.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
It's quite funny that Southgate refuses to/cannot see the obvious solutions that could make this team genuine world beaters.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Hilarious to watch to be honest. Just dancing around with the ball running around like a 10 year old in the playground. Painful to witness when you're in need of a goal and he's intent on doing.....that.
They weren‘t in need of a goal though. Pretty obvious Southgate wanted a draw rather than risking being a wee bit vulnerable while trying to get a win.

Hence Henderson and Jack in while Mount stayed on. Henderson helped stabilizing the midfield while Grealish helps tremendously running down the clock, usually gets stopped by a foul which then results in a free kick where you may score from a Maguire/Kane header.

Not saying this is nice to watch - it‘s rather a waste of time - since it‘s utterly pragmatic. But I don‘t think blaming the players here helps that much as they likely just do what they‘re told.

The Urban Goose

I really don’t see what he brings. Fannies around with the ball and falls over. The quintessential one trick pony.
Probably works for his role at Citeh, mainly playing against weaker opposition who park the bus, but sitting out the big games where transitions are more frequent and more important.

Apokalips

Why do people keep saying it works for City or Pep made him play like this? He is not first choice at City despite costing 100m!

I think it's more likely that Pep isn't keen on some of his play and wants him to change some of his traits if anything.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Absolute rubbish today. Still better than Mount and Kane and probably Sterling too.
USA trebled up in him sometimes, it showed they were frightened of him, agreed, he didn't really create a lot, but absolute rubbish he was not. Normally he picks out the correct pass, but missed a couple of opportunities, and yes, he was better than Mount, Sterling, Saka but Kane I thought was ok.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He looks threatening without being threatening.
He's that guy back when we used to play on the park and a random dude would turn up dressed like a "footballer" and would get picked early because he's doing skills whilst waiting around and then once the game starts... You quickly realised he's useless.

cyberman

I keep saying it, in a world where the opposition want to tactically foul you, playing for fouls is beyond idiotic. USA were loving the free kicks last night, England arent a threat at all from them bar Maguire and even then we’ve seen how hit and miss he is in front of goal

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
USA trebled up in him sometimes, it showed they were frightened of him, agreed, he didn't really create a lot, but absolute rubbish he was not. Normally he picks out the correct pass, but missed a couple of opportunities, and yes, he was better than Mount, Sterling, Saka but Kane I thought was ok.
His job was to create. He didn't create. He just looked nicer and didn't create for a shorter amount of time than Kane, Mount and Sterling. I didn't think Saka played very well but he created a few opportunities so falls into the average category rather than absolute rubbish for me. Rashford probably falls into the same average category.

UpWithRivers

It amazes me he seems to have learnt nothing at City. He is either too arrogant or too thick or both that he cant learn when to take on a player and when to pass

phelans shorts

He's that guy back when we used to play on the park and a random dude would turn up dressed like a "footballer" and would get picked early because he's doing skills whilst waiting around and then once the game starts... You quickly realised he's useless.
I said similar in a text to a mate last night, he’s what the person who doesn’t watch football pictures as a brilliant footballer with pointless dribbles into areas where he’s no danger at all

TwoSheds

I keep saying it, in a world where the opposition want to tactically foul you, playing for fouls is beyond idiotic. USA were loving the free kicks last night, England arent a threat at all from them bar Maguire and even then we’ve seen how hit and miss he is in front of goal
Getting fouled near the box is always a danger, the problem is this dipshit is doing it on the halfway line.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Problem for them is that when you overpay for a player and he turns out to be rubbish then your only gonna make a massive loss on it and not a profit. He was good for an average team like villa. Not good for a top team.

TwoSheds

Problem for them is that when you overpay for a player and he turns out to be rubbish then your only gonna make a massive loss on it and not a profit. He was good for an average team like villa. Not good for a top team.
He would have been good for us most likely. He's just not what City needed and consequently he's not really improving and so now not really even good for England.

phelans shorts

He would have been good for us most likely. He's just not what City needed and consequently he's not really improving and so now not really even good for England.
He’d probably have been on our bench too to be fair. He isn’t better than Rashford or Bruno, and on the right (has he played there since breaking through at Villa?) he’d have been up against that other one.

That’s under Ole too, who he might have suited as he’d have been given freedom to do his nonsense, but he definitely wouldn’t suit us now under Ten Hag.

acolyte

This is what flaps my chaps whenever there's a transfer discussion thread for one of these guys who's standing out in a mediocre team and people want us to buy him.

The argument is always "if he looks this good in an average team, he'll be even better/his output will be higher when surrounded by better players" which I've never understood. Football history is littered with players who suited being the big fish in a small pond but couldn't make the step up and shine at a big club for a multitude of reasons.

tjb

This is what flaps my chaps whenever there's a transfer discussion thread for one of these guys who's standing out in a mediocre team and people want us to buy him.

The argument is always "if he looks this good in an average team, he'll be even better/his output will be higher when surrounded by better players" which I've never understood. Football history is littered with players who suited being the big fish in a small pond but couldn't make the step up and shine at a big club for a multitude of reasons.
That's why, in this market, its better to be cautious of high transfer fees, especially for strikers

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Having a stinker out there, has looked out of place at Man City since Day 1

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He's very average. He wins a few fouls because his socks aren't pulled up and everyone rightfully wants to snap him but that's about all he's got going for him.

troylocker

He must be the most onefooted and onedimensional players in the world right now. Horrible in front of goal today as well. How he starts ahead of Foden is a mystery

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I still expect him at Newcastle soon but he might not even start there….

Bobski

Having a stinker out there, has looked out of place at Man City since Day 1
Ball hog not fitting a team who want to move the ball constantly and probe for openings shouldn't be a surprise.

Improved during the second half, plays the pantomime villain role well and always has. Assists covered up a pretty poor performance over all though, has no confidence in front of goal at all. But playing for City will do that for you, gets you some stats even if you're not playing particularly well.