Jack Grealish | Man City

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
I love how City fans seem forced to oversell his performances as if they had to justify his fee ^^

If he was superb, what do you call Mahrez, Foden and KdB's performances? In a 7-0 win, i'm not sure this performance is that significant.
Wow, fans praising and supporting a new signing after putting a decent performance in. Shock horror. No one’s saying he’s been a sensation, nor has he justified his price tag. Not even close. But seeing him play like that is refreshing and makes us hopeful that it is a step in a positive direction. After all he is a wonderful footballer, and I’m certain he will become a vital part of this team later on down the line.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
I love how City fans seem forced to oversell his performances as if they had to justify his fee ^^

If he was superb, what do you call Mahrez, Foden and KdB's performances? In a 7-0 win, i'm not sure this performance is that significant.
I thought it might be OK to answer a poster's question how he fared. Whether you think that's significant or not. Mahrez was good, Foden superb and KdB otherworldly, so here you are. :) But this isn't their thread.

Maniron

He has been poor value so far and he seems to be playing far too conservatively.

However, Pep has a reputation for improving players and he has a lot of raw talent to work with in Grealish

He has joined a team littered with good players and it is taking him time to find his role. I think it will take a season for him to adjust and show what he is capable of

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Apart from his flying cockroach hairstyle I don’t think there is anything really unique about him. Good player and I think he would be much better at a club that allows him to express himself more on the pitch.

Withnail

Him and Foden were dropped at the weekend for coming into training heavily hungover during the week.
I was just reading about that there. This was always the danger with Grealish, especially going to a Pep team.

I can't see him lasting long at City with that kind of carry-on especially if he's seen as leading Foden astray.

Classical Mechanic

I was just reading about that there. This was always the danger with Grealish, especially going to a Pep team.

I can't see him lasting long at City with that kind of carry-on especially if he's seen as leading Foden astray.

Foden has been in a fair few incidents himself now so not all that inocent. Grealish is 5 years older so it looks worse for him, especially with his history.

ForeverRed1

Him and Madison are both meant to be grade A twats
it’s what happens when totally normal lads happen to have excessive amounts of talent and end up on 200k a week +. Along with the god like status they are afforded by many, there isn’t a manual on how to be a good role model and being really good at football doesn’t automatically make you that.

if they weren’t footballers they would be like any other 20 something out on a Saturday night.

Offsideagain

City PR folk must have called in a few favours with the piece on SKY about Grealish and his woes in joining ‘a big club’. We’re all supposed to feel sorry for him now and forget his various misdemeanours. He’s now just a misunderstood multi-millionaire that wants to be at home with his family. Bollocks.

arthurka

City PR folk must have called in a few favours with the piece on SKY about Grealish and his woes in joining ‘a big club’. We’re all supposed to feel sorry for him now and forget his various misdemeanours. He’s now just a misunderstood multi-millionaire that wants to be at home with his family. Bollocks.
He isn't 18. He is 26 now so he can't be called young footballer anymore. Here looks to be taking Foden on the tosser ride with him. Don't feel sorry for him one bit.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

It has come to a point where I am impressed by City and Pep for having the balls, and political capital, to be able to do this. Remember when Rooney got dropped for something similar?

I doubt we'd do something similar under the same circumstances nowadays.

Deery

Dreary
He’s blowing his big chance isn’t he, I think the dropping was a kick up the arse for him but don’t see him lasting long if he doesn’t buck up his ideas, the rest of the City team seem to be too professional and driven to have standards slip.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It has come to a point where I am impressed by City and Pep for having the balls, and political capital, to be able to do this. Remember when Rooney got dropped for something similar?

I doubt we'd do something similar under the same circumstances nowadays.
It's easier though. Rooney was a big big profile at the club and Grealish is basically a pointless player. Easier to do this for a player like that

simplyared

City don't need Grealish. He gives them nothing on the pitch and will give Pep more than a headache off the pitch. A massive spanner and totally meaningless signing!

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He has been absolutely shocking and he has zero intention of running at players and staying on his feet. He plays for free kicks and bookings. His end product has been absolutely atrocious.

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
It seems par for the course that many of City's new signings often start slowly. It could well be the same with Jack. Look at the likes of Cancelo, Rodri, Mahrez and Gundogan. Grealish has been OK so far but is an easy target for the haters because he hasn't set the world alight.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Still the same whining little primadonna that I remember watching close up in the Championship just with a £100m price tag now

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’d swap Bruno and KDB every day of the week.
I don’t think I would. KdB is a better player but Bruno is entering his prime and has the potential for massive output in the right system.

KdB only has 20 PL starts in 2021 and he isn’t the most athletic.

The last thing we need is another player who isn’t available half the time. I’m not saying that’s the case, but he could be entering into those kind of years.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Most United fans I reckon wouldn't swap,
Rashford > Jesus
Sancho >= Grealish
Greenwood = Foden
Bruno (last season) = KdB.
Hard to judge how accurate that is. I think all our lads would look even better under Pep, in his system, and even KBD would look a bit shite for us over the last 18months.

Of all the players you mentioned there though, KBD is still a level above. He’s definitely better than Bruno at pretty much everything.

lloyd2wayne

It seems par for the course that many of City's new signings often start slowly. It could well be the same with Jack. Look at the likes of Cancelo, Rodri, Mahrez and Gundogan. Grealish has been OK so far but is an easy target for the haters because he hasn't set the world alight.
So let’s say Guardiola leaves next season then what? Is it gonna take him another season to get use to the new manager?