Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

He looks today as the type of midfielder we've seen City sign the last few years while we're starving for real quality in the midfield.

This could be a real opportunity to close the gap and find our team having some versatile quality options in this area.

laughtersassassin

Anyone watching tonight?

A team with real ambition in our position goes out and gets Grealish and Sancho. Then I'd like to see teams try stop us.

It is what Chelsea are doing with Werner and Harvetz and we need to go toe to toe with them.

Can't fall behind another team.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He had a great game tonight. Really well done.

Still don’t want him cos of his drink driving in lockdown but that was a great performance.

Jev

Yeah, they're most likely staying up with that result so a cut-price deal might be off the table.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Was I watching a different game? He grafted like a trooper but he didn't look very dangerous, he's played a lot better than that this season.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Assuming him and Sancho are targets it's worst case scenario for us financially if Villa stay up and we don't make CL.

I_ndlovu

Supports
Coventry
Thats the side you surely want to see, left absolutely nothing on the pitch working for his team tonight.

Womp

idiot
Not worth the price he'd cost. We have more pressing issues in the squad. Especially with Villa not going down, he would cost a fortune, someone like VDB as backup to Bruno/Pogba would be more realistic. We don't have infinite funds.

Classical Mechanic

Was I watching a different game? He grafted like a trooper but he didn't look very dangerous, he's played a lot better than that this season.
Most key passes and most dribbles of the 22 players. The chance he created for Davies was pretty brilliant. Most touches for Villa, 0 dispossessions, 1 unsuccessful touch, 5 fouls won, 87% pass completion. In a cagey game where they were very defensive he did a great job for the side in looking after the ball, getting them out and creating chances.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
You must have been.

He put in a real captain’s performance tonight. Not the flashiest but exactly what he needed to to get the win. A selfless performance from him for once. That’s what’s so impressive about it.
Most key passes and most dribbles of the 22 players. The chance he created for Davies was pretty brilliant. Most touches for Villa, 0 dispossessions, 1 unsuccessful touch, 5 fouls won, 87% pass completion. In a cagey game where they were very defensive he did a great job for the side in looking after the ball, getting them out and creating chances.
This.

Zoo

Almost admitted that he doesn’t intend to be at Villa next season.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Imagine him playing one-twos with Fernandes, Martial et al rather than the journeymen he plays with at Villa right now. Very unfair to criticise his output when he’s playing with vastly inferior players every week. He’d look a much better player playing with much better players. It’s pretty simple, really.

RooneyLegend

He's not a midfielder at all. No idea why they sometimes use him there. Can be useful in attack but lacks a real goal threat. Undecided on this one, maybe if we don't get Sancho. Coming here and being depth for Pognandes would be us asking for trouble.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Creating chances for Davies doesn't count, that guy makes Welbeck look like Van Bastien.

I'm not trying to say he played badly, I just don't think he played that well. Like I said, he's played much better than that this year. I don't think he was even Villa's best performer tonight.

Rauður Djöfull

cheers

will be interesting to follow, definitely won't be staying if Villa go down but wonder if they price him out of a move if they stay up. Anyway would be much better for our depth than Lingard, Pereira and or James. But can't decide if his antics are worth it, I really lost interest when he broke lockdown driving drunk, wonder how that effected Ole's opinion

Toad

“ummm... I’m not too sure at the moment, I have one aim and that’s to drive to Carrington without having a drink on the way”

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
“ummm... I’m not too sure at the moment, I have one aim and that’s to drive to Carrington without having a drink on the way”
“Umm I’m gonna be banned from driving so someone else would need to be at the wheel for me to move clubs.”

Yagami

Good post resistant
And since when Bale and Ronaldo are midfielders?.
I guess he wasn't keeping it strictly to central midfielders. If he also has Giggs in there, you have to assume it's the beastly left midfielder rather than him in his final years centrally, too.

What's worrying is that if he has Vieira in there, he must surely have seen a lot of Keane and Scholes!

fps

Looked very good tonight. I was a bit flabbergasted to hear him say he came back from lockdown not fit enough mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.