Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

I'm convinced he'd be an instant success at Old Trafford, in a similar way to Bruno. He has the right mentality and arrogance to succeed here.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's soooo good.

If it comes down to a choice between him and van de beek then it's Grealish all day everyday.

He offers something none of our other midfielders can do on a consistent basis - resisting pressing opposition and carrying the ball forwards from deep. On top of that, his versatility would be a HUGE bonus, too.

Sign, Ole!

Womp

idiot
He's soooo good.

If it comes down to a choice between him and van de beek then it's Grealish all day everyday.

He offers something none of our other midfielders can do on a consistent basis - resisting pressing opposition and carrying the ball forwards from deep. On top of that, his versatility would be a HUGE bonus, too.

Sign, Ole!
Would probably also cost double VDB would if Villa end up staying up, which is looking likely. Sancho and a CB is more important imo.

Deery

Dreary
I'm convinced he'd be an instant success at Old Trafford, in a similar way to Bruno. He has the right mentality and arrogance to succeed here.
I believe this to be true as well, if he’s performing so well in a poor Villa team could you imagine him in a good United team.
He’d be a fan favourite in no time I think.

He's soooo good.

Sign, Ole!
I adore him as well, he just has that aura about him where he'll keep driving forward no matter what that's similar to Bruno's. Was sold as soon as he got punched in the head by a Birmingham fan last year, got up without any reaction, put in a MOTM performance and scored the winner. Takes a lot of grit and a strong mentality to be the captain and main (only) creative player in such a poor team and at such a young age as well, he's used to the responsibility and getting kicked around the field at this point.

Unfortunately don't think we'll end up signing him, especially if Villa stay up, but he could play so many roles for us next year. Could be a great pressi-resistant creative fulcrum when Bruno is off the field. Such a graceful player at times, lovely technique. Whoever ends up signing him will get a fantastic player. Only downside is that awful Brummie accent :D

Yagami

Good post resistant
Would probably also cost double VDB would if Villa end up staying up, which is looking likely. Sancho and a CB is more important imo.
Could do. Who knows! I definitely think he'd be worth the money, though. I'm hoping we sign all 3.

Amarsdd

Creating chances for Davies doesn't count, that guy makes Welbeck look like Van Bastien.

I'm not trying to say he played badly, I just don't think he played that well. Like I said, he's played much better than that this year. I don't think he was even Villa's best performer tonight.
It's very difficult to judge his performance esp. in terms of his attacking output in this Villa team. Most of the time, when he gets the ball he either has to wait for his teammates for support for 20-30 seconds regularly or pass it back. And when they are in the attacking third, he almost always gets given the ball in a difficult situation with multiple opposition players marking him. Even with that he rarely loses the ball. But anyway I don't think Grealish should be a priority but I will be happy if we do sign him cause I think he'll be a success here.

crossy1686

career ending
Was good today, looked fitter.

He's pretty much forcing a move at the end of the season so I don't think his price would change if Villa stay up or not.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I adore him as well, he just has that aura about him where he'll keep driving forward no matter what that's similar to Bruno's. Was sold as soon as he got punched in the head by a Birmingham fan last year, got up without any reaction, put in a MOTM performance and scored the winner. Takes a lot of grit and a strong mentality to be the captain and main (only) creative player in such a poor team and at such a young age as well, he's used to the responsibility and getting kicked around the field at this point.

Unfortunately don't think we'll end up signing him, especially if Villa stay up, but he could play so many roles for us next year. Could be a great pressi-resistant creative fulcrum when Bruno is off the field. Such a graceful player at times, lovely technique. Whoever ends up signing him will get a fantastic player. Only downside is that awful Brummie accent :D
Yeah, that was immense! His interview after the game was brilliant as well. Didn't give the thug the time of day. Just kept the focus on the match itself.

beingshe7don

Villa have a very good chance of staying up if they beat West Ham and I don't see a managerless Watford beating Arsenal. This would imply that Villa are going to hold us ransom since they wouldn't want to let go off Grealish on the cheap. I can honestly see him being quoted at 75m or so which obviously makes no sense in this market. I think VDB is the best choice to offer us quality depth for Pogba, Bruno and even Matic if required.

The Oracle

I rate him very highly

I believe he is the perfect choice to plug the gap between our World class midfielders (Pogba and Bruno), and our good midfielders (Matic, McTominay, and Fred).

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
75m quid?
Wow. Still if the guy turns out to be a pivotal player that pushes us far into CL etc then it’d be worth it.
Btw, he’s been watching too much Peaky
Blinders: that accent :eek:

Tel074

Huge money if Villa stay up for a player who I can't see start for United. He starts on the left for Villa a position I can't see him playing for us with how we like to attack with pace and power . I'm guessing he would be a back up in a more central role and unless you can get him for around 40 then for me it's just not worth it .

Dante

Average bang

Yeah, that was immense! His interview after the game was brilliant as well. Didn't give the thug the time of day. Just kept the focus on the match itself.
I was also quite impressed by his interview after the Sheffield Utd game, when Sheffield Utd were denied an obvious goal after the ball crossed over the line.

There aren't many footballers who would admit that their opponents were cheated. You'd expect most to say they didn't see the incident.

Slysi17

I think Donny Van De Beek makes alot more sense. Aston Villa likely to stay up so have every right to demand a decent transfer fee. Plus Ban De Beek is a good player and would cost way less. Would allow us to get a centre back too after we sell some players. Makes no sense paying what Aston Villa would demand just to be a back up to Pogba and Bruno.

Sigma

How to you fit (or keep happy) Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho, Grealish, Pogba? Surely it would be Grealish OR Sancho if one of them do come (especially for the prices quoted).

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
75m quid?
Wow. Still if the guy turns out to be a pivotal player that pushes us far into CL etc then it’d be worth it.
Btw, he’s been watching too much Peaky
Blinders: that accent :eek:
What are you on about? He is literally from the area.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If Villa stay up we can forget about signing him. No point spending over 50m on the lad. I’d rather look at Odegaard at the same position for that money. Anything for 40m or less then we should have a long think about.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
How to you fit (or keep happy) Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho, Grealish, Pogba? Surely it would be Grealish OR Sancho if one of them do come (especially for the prices quoted).
They would probably be happy to happy to have a rest for once. They play until their legs have fallen as things stand.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, that's brilliant as well, @Dante . I love that he doesn't hide that he's over the moon about the decision but can still admit it was the wrong one.

Look at how many games James, Pereira, Lingard and Mata have played this season. Everyone will get more than enough game time.

You have to remember how versatile Sancho and Grealish are as well. Sancho can play on the right, left and as a 10. Grealish can play as a CM, 10 and on the left. He's also played as a false 9 this season for Villa, too.

It's about time we had some quality depth in attack.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
funny map!
tbf though I doubt the yanks know that NI is part of the UK.

Anyway back to Grealish and his copycat accent. (nah....you lads are too touchy).

He's almost 25. So he still has what? 7 great years ahead of him.
Using that 75M quid as an example, shirt sales alone would take care of a huge amount of that transfer fee, eventually....
So the question is, would he start? Where would he lineup in our current 1st 11?
If he doesn't then he won't come to us anyway to warm the bench.

Red00012

Grealish v Utd “don’t sign him he’s rubbish”

Grealish v Arsenal 2 weeks later “we have to sign him “ :houllier:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If it wasn't for his calves we really wouldn't be having conversations about his hype

Yagami

Good post resistant
Grealish v Utd “don’t sign him he’s rubbish”

Grealish v Arsenal 2 weeks later “we have to sign him “ :houllier:
Thats the Caf for you mate, kneejerk reactions after every game.
I mean, I've been consistent in my opinion of him. I've wanted him since last year.

If it wasn't for his calves we really wouldn't be having conversations about his hype
I'm surprised you think this. Aside from his brilliant general play, he's 2nd only to De Bryune in chances created. For Aston Villa.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Grealish looks quality.

And the latest flavour of the month; Antonio at West Ham. Only seen a few games (and most of them since the restart) but each time he's looked so committed.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Get Grealish, Donny and Sancho. Get rid of all the deadwood (Mata, Lingard, Pereira).

Matic (Fred/McT) - Pogba (Donny/McT)
Sancho (Greenwood/James) - Bruno (Grealish/Donny) - Rashford (Grealish/James)
Martial (Ighalo/Greenwood)

That's 30+ starts for all of Pogba, Donny, Bruno, Grealish, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood and Martial.

We're starting the season a full month later than normal with next to no pre season. There will be games every 3 days for most of the season. We need all the depth we can get.

We simply have to get to a level where we can handle injuries/fatigue/rotation without needing to resort to liability players. If people haven't realised that by now then they need to quit watching football and find themselves a new hobby.

SAFMUTD

I hope Aston Villa stay up so we stay away from him, he's no where as good as the price he's quoted. Theres a reason why teams outside England dont even know about him, the british hype is unreal.

Red00012

I mean, I've been consistent in my opinion of him. I've wanted him since last year.

I'm surprised you think this. Aside from his brilliant general play, he's 2nd only to De Bryune in chances created. For Aston Villa.
I’ve wanted him all season too , but I’m thinking only if villa go down .

I don’t think we should be forking 40-50 million just because they survived.

Tapori

Not top tier
But I tell you what, for the right price he's perfect for a good standard of skill, squad depth in that he can cover and excel in a number of positions across the midfield to front 5, development, versatility as someone mentioned here and mentality on the pitch.

Have we started transfer Muppetery yet? He's a number 3 Muppet target for sure.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. If Villa stays up, how much will he cost?
2. When everyone is fit, is he going to start, or just sit on bench?

IMO, we shouldn’t fork more than 35m for a bench player.

Name Changed

weso26
I was for it when I thought Pogba would leave. Now that it might be more likely that Pogba will stay, I would spend the money elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.