Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We arent dropping Fred and we need a DM alongside him.
Buying Grealish is the bad old days of buy now and fit in later
I disagree, I think we can fit them all in, and play a high pressing system.

He’s class, and another leader, if we can get him for around 50 mil then do it.

cyberman

I disagree, I think we can fit them all in, and play a high pressing system.

He’s class, and another leader, if we can get him for around 50 mil then do it.
How? Rashford and Martial start, hopefully Sancho too so its 3 out of Bruno, Jack, Fred, Scott, Matic and hopefully Pogba.
We arent dropping a DM hence Matic contract so where does he actually fit?
We're better off using the money on a partner for Harry and keep our balance.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How? Rashford and Martial start, hopefully Sancho too so its 3 out of Bruno, Jack, Fred, Scott, Matic and hopefully Pogba.
Grealish is a pogba replacement.

And that's a great set of players, bruno, grealish, fred, matic, mcsauce is perfectly reasonable for a 60 game season and 3 spots.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Depth is good.

At one point we had Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Fletcher, Anderson and Hargreaves competing for two spots. O'Shea even played the odd game in CM during that period, too.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It would be rare that we would start all of them at once, but they would all start the majority of games each as it allows us to rotate without a massive drop in quality.

Game 1: Grealish on the bench.
Game 2: Rashford on the bench.
Game 3: Bruno on the bench.
Game 4: Martial
Game 5: Sancho

Each of them start four out of five games, and probably come off the bench in the fifth. And that's only the four attacking positions - Grealish can also rotate with the midfielders as well. It also keeps everyone on their toes as they won't want to be the one who misses out in the big matches. Not to mention that for most of the season we'd probably have at least one of them injured.

Le Red

I think that part of why Brazilian footballers were so good in the 90s and 00s is because trainers didn't care about this "player X doesn't work with player Y" bullshit.
You were a good baller, you were in the team, period. Players with talent found a way to make it work, that's a byproduct of creativity and imagination.
Nowadays managers want very specific players to do very specific teams in a very specific positions. After years doing the same thing, those players become very unidimensional and look useless if you move them two yards beyond their "natural" position.
You say the club wants Grealish and Bruno? Great. Can't have too much talent. Both great intelligent players, they would work, no matter what the wanker FMers think.

beingshe7don

Grealish makes alot of sense for Liverpool IMO.
Ole is looking to build a side who are innately Man Utd characters. If you take a look at the players we've bought (Maguire, James, Wan Bassaka, Bruno and even Ighalo) have that United gene in them. Grealish is cut from that same cloth and if we plan on losing Pogba, we've got more reason to acquire Grealish. Pogba is our best player no doubt but when things aren't going his way, he starts sulking and this has repercussions on the rest of the squad. Pogba also fails to inspire those around him. Yes, he's assisted a lot of folks and plays all these crazy passes. Since Bruno's acquisition, we've started playing as a team and everyone seems to have raised their game. Bruno even called out his teammates when most of them were satisfied with the 1-1 draw at Everton. Pogba hasn't done that. Anyway, didn't want to make it a Pogba Vs. Bruno thing. But the point I'm trying to make is that players like Bruno make us better as a team and in that same way, Grealish does the same. His hard work and leadership instincts makes him one of those characters to get us to performing at the elite level. Grealish would be a starter in a United side. At Liverpool, I'm not sure if he starts ahead of the likes of Henderson, Wijnaldum, Oxlade, Keita and he cannot be played in attack with Mane occupying the left flank.

beingshe7don

The people who claim that Grealish and Bruno cannot play together need to understand the type of players both are. They both run up and down the field. They will track back when defending is required. So it's not that we require someone whose a proper DM to sit back to have Bruno and Grealish play in the same team.

Classical Mechanic

The people who claim that Grealish and Bruno cannot play together need to understand the type of players both are. They both run up and down the field. They will track back when defending is required. So it's not that we require someone whose a proper DM to sit back to have Bruno and Grealish play in the same team.
Indeed. They can both play as 8s in a 4-3-3.

ROFLUTION

Ole is looking to build a side who are innately Man Utd characters. If you take a look at the players we've bought (Maguire, James, Wan Bassaka, Bruno and even Ighalo) have that United gene in them. Grealish is cut from that same cloth and if we plan on losing Pogba, we've got more reason to acquire Grealish. Pogba is our best player no doubt but when things aren't going his way, he starts sulking and this has repercussions on the rest of the squad. Pogba also fails to inspire those around him. Yes, he's assisted a lot of folks and plays all these crazy passes. Since Bruno's acquisition, we've started playing as a team and everyone seems to have raised their game. Bruno even called out his teammates when most of them were satisfied with the 1-1 draw at Everton. Pogba hasn't done that. Anyway, didn't want to make it a Pogba Vs. Bruno thing. But the point I'm trying to make is that players like Bruno make us better as a team and in that same way, Grealish does the same. His hard work and leadership instincts makes him one of those characters to get us to performing at the elite level. Grealish would be a starter in a United side. At Liverpool, I'm not sure if he starts ahead of the likes of Henderson, Wijnaldum, Oxlade, Keita and he cannot be played in attack with Mane occupying the left flank.
I know he got silky skills, but after 2 years of turning it on and off and seeing how a real player like Bruno works his ass off + uses great skill, I just can't call Pogba our best player. Pogba has consistently dwelled too much on the ball, turned it off in small games being worse than mediocre. Really hope PSG or Real still want him in the summer. Don't even think we should allow him back into the team before the summer-window, with him talking like that through his douche-bag agent. As you mention, players like Grealish / Bruno got the right attitude + skills and perform consistently. Imagine if we got Grealish and Sancho - what a window that would be.

sherrinford

He would surely play for Liverpool - he is quite perfect for them as they are just now, would slot into the left centre midfield role and provide the imagination and quality missing from that area of the park.

I hope they are not in for him, but surely a creative attacking midfielder is a priority for Liverpool at this point?

Where does he play? Can't see it.
Seriously?

TheReligion

Abusive
He would surely play for Liverpool - he is quite perfect for them as they are just now, would slot into the left centre midfield role and provide the imagination and quality missing from that area of the park.

I hope they are not in for him, but surely a creative attacking midfielder is a priority for Liverpool at this point?

Seriously?
So where does he play? Keita, Henderson, Wijnaldum

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Grealish can play as the AM for Liverpool and makes alot of sense for them. Bruno Fernandes also made alot of sense for them.

But personally I'd love to see Grealish join us. Because having strength in depth is a fantastic thing. But if I'm honest, someone like Odegaard would make more sense for us. Bout was reported to be scouting him a few weeks back so you never know. Madrid probably won't let him go, but it does make one wonder with Marcel Bout potentially keeping a close eye.

James Ward

He will definitely get game time at United. Jesse, Andreas, Mata will all be shipped on in the summer.

We don't want a repeat what happened in the team before Bruno arrived.

Obviously the Sancho signing should be prioritized but would still love Grealish in the summer.

He is the right character and fit of a Manchester United player.

TheReligion

Abusive
Keita has been a dissapointment thus far and they'll likely try and move him on.
The Liverpool fans seem to rate him. They argue he's been class bar injuries. Fabinho and Henderson are undroppable. There's one spot left and don't see Grealish being a priority for them or being interested in rotation.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The Liverpool fans seem to rate him. They argue he's been class bar injuries. Fabinho and Henderson are undroppable. There's one spot left and don't see Grealish being a priority for them or being interested in rotation.
Keita from what I've seen of Liverpool has been a huge flop. And I've watched Liverpool quite often this season. Grealish would be a huge upgrade on Keita and would be a starter.

TheReligion

Abusive
Keita from what I've seen of Liverpool has been a huge flop. And I've watched Liverpool quite often this season. Grealish would be a huge upgrade on Keita and would be a starter.
Oh I agree but can't see Liverpool selling Keita yet. They'd lose big.

sherrinford

Nah. So no Wijnaldum or £60m Keita.

The Scouse keep saying how good Keita looks when he plays and Wijnaldum is a favourite.

No space for him unless someone leaves.
Yeah. Fabinho and Henderson are first choice and they don’t have a an attacking midfielder. They almost bought Fekir at the same time as Keita (I think it was). The scouse keep bemoaning the lack of creativity in that area, not singing the praises of players who are below the level of the rest of the team. At this point it is a bit of a gaping hole in their side and should be a priority position in the transfer market.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah. Fabinho and Henderson are first choice and they don’t have a an attacking midfielder. They almost bought Fekir at the same time as Keita (I think it was). The scouse keep bemoaning the lack of creativity in that area, not singing the praises of players who are below the level of the rest of the team. At this point it is a bit of a gaping hole in their side and should be a priority position in the transfer market.
They'd have to sell Keita and I don't think they will yet. They'd lose alot of money too. Can't see it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Grealish to cover Rashford/Bruno and Sancho for the LW/RW

We need depth in the squad people keep forgetting this. Our first 11 can't play 3 games a week at a high level.

sherrinford

They'd have to sell Keita and I don't think they will yet. They'd lose alot of money too. Can't see it.
Why? They were looking to bring in an attacking midfielder with Keita, and Henderson is getting on a bit now. If they were to sell him they’d somehow end up making a profit anyway - it’s amazing how much they get for all their rejects!

TheReligion

Abusive
Why? They were looking to bring in an attacking midfielder with Keita, and Henderson is getting on a bit now. If they were to sell him they’d somehow end up making a profit anyway - it’s amazing how much they get for all their rejects!
Henderson is arguably their most important player. He's going nowhere. Nor is Fabinho.

Ultimately this is the issue they will have now.

sherrinford

Henderson is arguably their most important player. He's going nowhere. Nor is Fabinho.

Ultimately this is the issue they will have now.
I’m not seeing the issue...

Henderson has been their best midfielder from what I’ve seen this season and as I said he and Fabinho have established themselves as first choice picks. They keep bouncing between players for the third midfield role because none of the current options are good enough to make it their own. Keita was bought to replace Henderson and has failed.

Crashoutcassius

I think that part of why Brazilian footballers were so good in the 90s and 00s is because trainers didn't care about this "player X doesn't work with player Y" bullshit.
You were a good baller, you were in the team, period. Players with talent found a way to make it work, that's a byproduct of creativity and imagination.
Nowadays managers want very specific players to do very specific teams in a very specific positions. After years doing the same thing, those players become very unidimensional and look useless if you move them two yards beyond their "natural" position.
You say the club wants Grealish and Bruno? Great. Can't have too much talent. Both great intelligent players, they would work, no matter what the wanker FMers think.
last sentence misses the point I think... if we can sign one player this summer for silly money, we would be insane to sign a left winger, even if we can shoe horn him into other positions.

Obiorahking_

If Pogba ends up staying I feel like he might not play much or one of Fred and Mctominay may never see the pitch again bar injury

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Grealish to cover Rashford/Bruno and Sancho for the LW/RW

We need depth in the squad people keep forgetting this. Our first 11 can't play 3 games a week at a high level.
I agree but I personally can't see someone like Grealish being happy with a rotation role.

sparx99

I agree but I personally can't see someone like Grealish being happy with a rotation role.
Then he will stay at Villa forever. Stepping up to a bigger club means rotation. Only the absolute top players don’t get rotated.
Between LW, No10 and games in 3-man midfield you could easily find 40 starts for him with 15 sub appearances.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Then he will stay at Villa forever. Stepping up to a bigger club means rotation. Only the absolute top players don’t get rotated.
Between LW, No10 and games in 3-man midfield you could easily find 40 starts for him with 15 sub appearances.
Who's he taking those 40 starts off though? His two best positions are LW where Rashford plays and #10 where Fernandes plays, can't see him benching either of them for 20 games a season, especially if we advanced deep into competitions when we'd want to be playing our best 11s. I've not seen a great deal to suggest we'll play a 3-man midfield either, even when everyone was fit earlier in the season Solskjaer still opted for the double pivot. I think he'd be an unbelievably good option for rotation and I'd be happy if he joined but like I said, I'm not convinced he'd come here for that.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Grealish plays LW and we have Rashford James there so there’s both quality and already a backup option in that position meaning we are not fecked if Rashford injures or is rotated. He plays CM where we have Fred and Mctominay there so there’s also quality and back up option in the CM role and we are also not fecked if Fred is injured or rotated. He plays AM where we have Bruno Mata Lingard Pereira and Gomes. One injury to Bruno and we are fecked. Would he mind being a backup option though I don’t know and given his price wouldn’t it make more sense to sign the “next Grealish” maybe someone like Cantwell or Buendia or Brooks (just throwing names) basically a solid cheap AM bench option that doesn’t render us fecked if Bruno gets injured or rotated.

Also, reading through the thread about where Pogba will fit in when he returns a lot of people are saying that he should not come in and disrupt the midfield balance of Matic Fred and Bruno and should even be on the bench. Which is a stark contrast to people suggesting different types of formations to fit in Grealish thereby disrupting the current balanced midfield.

So the way I see it, if we sign Grealish and he starts we may be disrupting an already balanced midfield of Matic Fred and Fernandes and he might be expensive to be on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.