Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

Wondering if you'll throw any players in the deal?
Hard to discuss Tuanzebe as he is now injured, and at the same time OGS is rumoured to think highly of him. But you can choose one (or several!) of the following players:
GK: Joel Pereira
CB: Jones, Marcos Rojo
CM: Andreas Pereira
AM: Lingard
Winger: Chong (loan)
CDM: Garner (loan)

Perhaps some of those could be starters for Villa next season. Perhaps also young GK Kovar on loan if we decide to loan him out

Daonico

I am all for him coming as a rotation option/competition for places, that kind of thing... he would increase our depth quality a put pressure on the usual first teamers... It would also leave us in a bettrer position if Pogba decides to go next year. But do we have enough money to bring him AND a propper right winger? I am not as confident we can pull the Sancho+Graelish thing... I don't think we can get too much money from the deadwood we all want to sell.

Coops73

we need grealish and sancho to transform the depth and flexibility of our attack
Agree, I like Grealish, anyone who can take a whack in the moosh from a knobhead “fan” then get up and score a goal gets a thumbs up from me and if the Sancho thing happens too we’ll be looking rather tasty for next season.

Whether either or both will happen is another thing.

sp_107

If we get him where do you think would our midfield should rank among Top Europen clubs and top Pl clubs?

Juve - Arthur Rabiot Matuidi Bentancur Ramsey Khedira

PSG - Verratti Paredes Gueye Herrera Draxler

Madrid - Kroos Modric Rodriguez Isco Valverde Casemiro

Barcelona - Busquets Pjanic De Jong Vidal Rakitic Puig

Bayern - Cuisance Martinez Thiago Goretzka Kimmich

Chelsea - Ziyech Mount Kante Jorginho Kovacic Gilmour RLC

Liverpool - Henderson Keita Winjaldum Milner Fabinho Lallana

City - B.Silva De Bruyne Rodri Fernandinho Gundogan Foden

United - Matic Mctominay Fred Bruno Grealish Pogba

Looks like we are not too far if we sign VanBeek, Grealish OR someone like Saul, Partey type of player in this window.

I still feel we need someone in Lewandoski mould number 9 with this great midfield

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
In the last 10 years we've replaced James Milner with Stephen Ireland, Ashley Young with N'zogbia, Benteke with Rudy Gestede and Tammy Abraham with Wesley.

Probably why I'm not that bothered what transfer fee we get for Grealish.80m and we probably would sign someone like Dominic Solanke for 30m.

Think it will be similar to when you signed Young anyway. People doubted he'd be a regular at Man. United but Fergie played him regularly then he dipped out of the team for a year or two before really coming back in favour in Van Gaal's last season and same under Mourinho.
Sorry to hear these, man. Villa should've kept Martin O'Neill. My vivid memory pictures a very good Villa's side he assembled, and a regular top 6 or about.

sp_107

We are looking good and this is the first time I started looking forward to our matches since Fergie retired...

It’s exciting to think Ole’s all good work will take full shape if we just sign a quality number-9, A right winger and a DM....We just need 3 more as I feel our defence is OK and we can strengthen it in 2021.

We wasted so many millions all these years hope board will see some sense and invest on 3 top players who take us back to next level

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The "ITK" on the Villa forum said the below -I wouldn't be putting a wad of cash on it from this just yet!

(Villa ITK from their main forum)
"Two separate people in the last 24 hours have told me that Grealish to Man Utd has been agreed.

One mate told me that his mate is Petrov’s best mate and he told me last night. I know he has some sort of connection to Villa because he used to always post photos of him and Ashley Young in corporate venues.

Then this morning a separate mate told me the same thing, but his source is a guy he works with that manages some finances for a lot of the Villa Youth players.

I know all of the above sounds like a mate of a mate had a dog who had a cousin etc, so take it for what it is. I’ve been told the same thing by 2 separate people in the space of about 15 hours."
At least the source isn't some teenager with twitter or reddit account. This is pretty encouraging.

Resch

We are looking good and this is the first time I started looking forward to our matches since Fergie retired...

It’s exciting to think Ole’s all good work will take full shape if we just sign a quality number-9, A right winger and a DM....We just need 3 more as I feel our defence is OK and we can strengthen it in 2021.

We wasted so many millions all these years hope board will see some sense and invest on 3 top players who take us back to next level
I bet we will wait a year for a number 9, next year Haaland is available...

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Agree, I like Grealish, anyone who can take a whack in the moosh from a knobhead “fan” then get up and score a goal gets a thumbs up from me and if the Sancho thing happens too we’ll be looking rather tasty for next season.

Whether either or both will happen is another thing.
indeed. To me, if we get them. We will be in a position in which we we finally have a competitive right flank and b) we never miss a Bruno or Rashford when they are injured or rested ever again. Similar to how because of Bruno we can survive without Pogba

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I want him. Rather he coming on in a match than Lingard or Mata.

Infra-red

Replacing one or both of Lingard & Pereira with Grealish, is unquestionably an upgrade. Versatile attacker who can play on the wing, #10 or #8.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I think Grealish will happen now, which I don't really fully know how to feel about it, I had a similar feeling when Young signed. He wont push the team to next level but he'll be a good squad player.

Too many sources saying he's a done deal, as much as we may dislike Sherwood he has connections close to the player which makes it reliable.

Hopefully Pereira and Lingard can be moved on in that case.

Mata given his age may as well do 2 years at this point and be moved on given his age, he gives experience and he can at least retain the ball, he's not as creative as he used to be though.

ManRed

What is his preferred position? Looking at the last few lineups and he plays more as a LW. Do we need a backup LW at that price? We have James who will probably move there if we sign Sancho.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What is his preferred position? Looking at the last few lineups and he plays more as a LW. Do we need a backup LW at that price? We have James who will probably move there if we sign Sancho.
In the past he's shown he's very capable at CAM and CM, although he's been primarily at LW this season.

Having a quality option like Grealish to be able to rotate into the team would be really fantastic for our depth. Anything that keeps Lingard and Pereira away from the team should be jumped on.

Coxy

He vastly improves our squad depth. If we want to win the league again we need options, not just a first 11

ChaddyP

The "ITK" on the Villa forum said the below -I wouldn't be putting a wad of cash on it from this just yet!

"Two separate people in the last 24 hours have told me that Grealish to Man Utd has been agreed.

One mate told me that his mate is Petrov’s best mate and he told me last night. I know he has some sort of connection to Villa because he used to always post photos of him and Ashley Young in corporate venues.

Then this morning a separate mate told me the same thing, but his source is a guy he works with that manages some finances for a lot of the Villa Youth players.

I know all of the above sounds like a mate of a mate had a dog who had a cousin etc, so take it for what it is. I’ve been told the same thing by 2 separate people in the space of about 15 hours."
Can't wait to hear from the source that works in the marketing department that's getting the add campaign ready

Happy to have him as long as it's clear hes a backup with the chance to fight for a place, and not our main signing of the summer.

If getting Grealish means no Sancho/RW nobody in their right mind should want that.

Dve

I´d say Rashford - although brilliant at his best - also has been quite inconsistent. Fernandes has only been here for a few games, and he could also run into a period of bad form come October, or get injured. I think Grealish would be a very sensible signing. And we don´t know the price yet.

E-mal

You're preoccupied with signing a quality number 9 despite Martial doing his best with all he got earlier this season. How many quality number nines are available in the Lewandoski mould in the market currently? The person closest or like him is Halaand and he is no better than Martial in terms of all round quality at the moment.
A lot of talks about Lauturo Martinez to Barcelona and I doubt if he is so much better than Martial this season. Then perhaps you consider Immobile who is getting on now and has failed the only time he played outside serie A. Be grateful for what you have and with time am sure Greenwood will may be takeover.
When Sancho comes in you will see how much better we will be because we will then begin to stretch teams from both flanks.

Last edited:

Stretender

Manchester united need to act and feel like a big club again. You achieve that by buying quality players. Enter Grealish and Sancho. Exit Lingard and Pereira its that simple and easy to understand. I don't kmow why some fans think United deserve anything less.

MyBloodIsRed

I think it's a no brainer. young, english, has the flair for United. Competing on all fronts we can't afford a drop off from Bruno/Pogba to what we have now with Andreas, Lingard, Mata, etc... he'll get plenty of games.

Hopefully he's our new #11 come August/Sept

Brightonian

He is more of an Ole signing than Sancho, although I hope we get both
I honestly think if we can settle on a price with Dortmund, Sancho is the kind of signing almost any United manager would support. A clear, long-standing hole in the squad for a right winger, and a freakishly young, already-world-class, English star right winger who is clearly looking for a move back to the PL. Only Moyes could protest that one ('I haven't personally watched him 20+ times, so...')

sp_107

Haaland and Bruno would be a great Jan window with Grealish and Sancho in this summer could fix UTD for years....

Haaland was a big loss, at that time it looks sensible move for him but now we are playing well so hope he can choose us next time

crossy1686

career ending
I think this one's already done.

Tim Sherwood was trying to be cute the other night by suggesting it was already done, he has connections at Villa from his time there.

Also, there was strong rumours from Villa that the lockdown party he had was actually his leaving party as he couldn't have one at the end of the season if Villa go down.

Mainoldo

Haaland and Bruno would be a great Jan window with Grealish and Sancho in this summer could fix UTD for years....

Haaland was a big loss, at that time it looks sensible move for him but now we are playing well so hope he can choose us next time
If we got Haaland we wouldn’t have got Bruno. So thank god it never happened.

Mainoldo

People close to him have told people I know it’s been done since Feb/March. Don’t quote me but I expect this to be our first announced signing.

Slysi17

Whether people rate Jack Grealish or not it doesn't really matter. I see us signing Jadon Sancho and that's it as Sancho will cost 89 millions pounds at least. Previous couple of summers we have only spent around 70 million. Plus Dortmund have every right to demand at least that much even in this covid19 environment. No way we will spend above 90 million. So really don't see us signing Grealish as well even if Villa go down. My prediction is he goes somewhere else.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Ashley Young out of all people.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If He joins that will be the end of Lingard or Andreas' career at ManUnited.

My worry is that the transfer will actually be quite expensive, leaving not enough money for Sancho. Which should be our priority and this is the best time to get him.

croadyman

The guy who posted that on the Villa forum has posted again and apparently the two separate people mentioned are both Utd fans who are based in Birmingham so make of that what you will. There does seem to be a lot of separate stories saying he has agreed move so think that is a positive sign

I know we are talking probably around £150m for him and Sancho but still believe we can get it done, don't think we should panic if Grealish gets done first because I am sure many will think that is the end of the Sancho deal, however I am going to try and remain positive we can get both but expect a rollercoaster ride.

Last edited:

Slysi17

If He joins that will be the end of Lingard or Andreas' career at ManUnited.

My worry is that the transfer will actually be quite expensive, leaving not enough money for Sancho. Which should be our priority and this is the best time to get him.
I don't want us to buy Jack Grealish and miss out on Jadon Sancho. Sancho is the much better and much more important player. I would be fuming if we bought Grealish instead of Sancho. Sancho over Grealish for me if we can't sign another player if we buy Sancho. I can't see us signing both.

ManRed

I don't want us to buy Jack Grealish and miss out on Jadon Sancho. Sancho is the much better and much more important player. I would be fuming if we bought Grealish instead of Sancho. Sancho over Grealish for me if we can't sign another player if we buy Sancho. I can't see us signing both.
The sale of Lingard/Andreas, Sanchez, Smalling and Rojo will pay for Grealish signing. Sancho will come from the budget.

Slysi17

The sale of Lingard/Andreas, Sanchez, Smalling and Rojo will pay for Grealish signing. Sancho will come from the budget.
We won't get rid of all those players. Marcos Rojo and Alexis Sanchez will be extremely difficult to sell. I see us having to loan out Smalling, Sanchez and Rojo next season as well. Therefore can't see us buying Grealish. Your in fantasy land if you think we can sell all those players.

ManRed

We won't get rid of all those players. Marcos Rojo and Alexis Sanchez will be extremely difficult to sell. I see us having to loan out Smalling, Sanchez and Rojo next season as well. Therefore can't see us buying Grealish. Your in fantasy land if you think we can sell all those players.
Maybe you have been staying under a rock. Smalling and Rojo both clubs want a permanent deal. There are rumours of Inter paying €20m for Sanchez to make move permanent. So its not that far fetched as you might think.

Pav1878

I'm not against the Grealish signing, but I don't understand where he would play? Is he going to be first choice, and if so, who would make way?

If he is being bought as back up, I don't see him being happy with that and he'd be a very expensive back up.

Chairman Steve

If you can guarantee Sancho and Grealish to come here with Pogba staying, I’ll be delighted with that window and would have zero complaints. I was originally for Van De Beek over Grealish primarily for he might be able to play that deep midfield/DMC role that Matic plays but since Matic has had a renaissance this year and seems to play very well with Pogba and Bruno, then that aspect can be shelved. Grealish can play either wing, as well as the Pogba and Bruno roles. He draws fouls by the bucketload which will be great for dead ball situations and does have that ability to make those through balls that break open parked buses so to speak.

What is our transfer record like when we purchase players who fit the analogy of ‘big fish from the small pond’? Who was even the last player we bought close to that? A worry of mine is Villa have basically revolved their team around him which makes him look better than he actually is, as well as a mental factor in that because he’s the obvious main man, it may be comedown for him when he’ll be seen as another good player among better players.

Zlatans Knee

If he does come, I can see him making the LW his own. Rashford can be very inconsistent. But if we can get Sancho as well then having Martial, Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho & Grealish competing for the top 3 positions would be extremely strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.