Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There's so many games to go around, both him and Bruno are versatile enough that it'd be dumb not to take him on. Has everything required to be a United player and add loads of quality to our team. Can him and Bruno play together in front of a holding mid? Definitely in certain games. If Pogba leaves (99% sure he will), then simply have to get him, especially at what will be a cut price if they get relegated. If we just sign him and Sancho in the summer, I think we'd be in a great position. Down to the manager to get them all performing together, but we'd have excellent competition for places and different ways to play them all together depending on form. He shouldn't be the priority, but it's the sort of thing that signing him shouldn't impact any negotiations with Sancho (or a right winger).

El Zoido

He’s a cut above everyone in this Villa team, that much is clear. I’d love him here, think he’d be a success.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I, for one, hope Villa get relegated.

croadyman

I know he didn't make much of an impression in the league cup final but was always going to be a huge ask for him to carry this side on his shoulders against the strength in depth that City had both on the pitch and off the bench. I would still happily take him in the summer and think deep down he knows this summer is the right time for a new challenge.

Ekeke

Didnt manage a lot against City playing in the hole. Has been great on the left wing, I wonder how he'd do on the right

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Didnt manage a lot against City playing in the hole. Has been great on the left wing, I wonder how he'd do on the right
Have two mates who are devout Villa fans (season ticket holders for years), and one says he's off to Real Madrid (don't really believe that as he hates United and wouldn't want us to have Grealish), and the other one says his best position is left side midfield/attacker, where we have Rashford. I think he can adapt to pretty much pop up anywhere on the pitch, but I would think he would always look to drift out to the left. Good asset if we buy him though.

Ekeke

he's been carrying them all year. People who call him a "bottler" really need to get a grip.
I hope you mean the year 2020. Because McGinn was the one getting all the plaudits and outperforming him when they were both playing CM early in the season. Since Grealish has been used on left wing since October 2019, he's clearly been their best player. But he played 5 games before that in CM where he wasnt

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
£45m if they're relegated, £60m if they manage to stay up
He's their only hope of getting back to PL. An unknown inexperienced James costed 20m. A one season wonder AWB costed 50+m. A foreign unknown Fred costed 50m. A foreign unknown Lindelof costed 35m. A foreign slightly known Bruno costed up to 70m. So, 45m eh?

They'd want Maguire money.

Last edited:

macheda14

He's their only hope of getting back to PL. An unknown James costed 20m. A one season wonder AWB costed 50+m. A foreign unknown Fred costed 50m. A foreign unknown Lindelof costed 35m. A foreign Bruno costed up to 70m.

He’d probably push to leave.

Ekeke

He's their only hope of getting back to PL. An unknown James costed 20m. A one season wonder AWB costed 50+m. A foreign unknown Fred costed 50m. A foreign unknown Lindelof costed 35m. A foreign Bruno costed up to 70m. So, 45m eh?

Doesnt matter if he doesnt want to be there.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I hope you mean the year 2020. Because McGinn was the one getting all the plaudits and outperforming him when they were both playing CM early in the season. Since Grealish has been used on left wing since October 2019, he's clearly been their best player. But he played 5 games before that in CM where he wasnt
Look at the results of Villa last year with and without Grealish (he was out injured for a while). He made the team of the year as a midfielder (McGinn did not).

It seems like you always do this; take a stance (often based on a whoscored-rating that you probably find sacred) and refuse to change your mind. In this case you claimed almost a year ago that Maddison was a lot better player than Grealisj. Today very few share that belief.

Now you pop up in this thread on the rare occasion when he has been anything less than good/great and sometimes to point out that he is playing left wing. It is almost as if it annoys you that Grealish has been great as you find it so difficult to admit you were wrong. Fact is, he was good as midfielder too but did not get much time there this year due to his value higher up the pitch.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's their only hope of getting back to PL. An unknown inexperienced James costed 20m. A one season wonder AWB costed 50+m. A foreign unknown Fred costed 50m. A foreign unknown Lindelof costed 35m. A foreign slightly known Bruno costed up to 70m. So, 45m eh?

You seriously think they can demand that being relegated? And struggling financially as it is? No chance will anyone pay it(£70+m) They’ll need the money too and 45-50 is fair enough.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I normally don't mind Villa but I want them relegated this season to make this transfer easier. Grealish, Sancho and a back up striker (with Pogba leaving to balance the books) would leave us with an exciting squad for next season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You seriously think they can demand that being relegated? And struggling financially as it is? No chance will anyone pay it(£70+m) They’ll need the money too and 45-50 is fair enough.
Fair enough to Villa, or to us? Good luck with that 45m bid, Ed.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
If we sign him, we’ll find out. Nothing like signing a player that’s great in his spot, and moving him to literally the opposite position and hoping for the best.

He’s great. I think he’s at his best in a ball carrying midfield role - Villa don’t let their central midfielders do that, with Shaw and AWB we could - I’d love him here.

But you always believe that this club would do something daft like play him on the right and expect results.

-Supreme-

I'd be surprised if he goes for anything above £50m regardless if they stay up or not.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'd be surprised if he goes for anything above £50m regardless if they stay up or not.
Have to agree with this. Getting into the squad and impressing at the Euro's could change things, but as it stands I just dont see United going above the fee we were looking to pay for Fernandes. £40-45m with some add-ons.

I still see him as a bit of a punt at the highest level. Certainly talented, but I dont see anbody risking a lot more than that for him, and if they do then we wont be signing him.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Grealish has been brilliant in a struggling team. Although an argument can be made him looking excellent due to others around him are very average. I personally he's absolutely brilliant playing in tight spaces. However, I'm not sure he has the long passing range to play a deeper role. A strong defence or a holding player who can cover is a must if Bruno and Grealish are to play together.

Jericholyte2

We are overloaded with left-wingers.
Not really. Ole clearly sees Martial as a CF leaving only Rashford and James who play LW. Grealish would offer more than James who IMO should be no more than a squad player.

You could play Grealish in an attacking role to the left of McT with Bruno to the right or rotate him on LW when resting Rashford.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Don't think he fits our team. Rashford is the guy for the LW - He certainly is a 20 goal a season player in that position. Bruno is our #10, #8 freerole whatever.

There are 2 positions we need, one is a right winger that takes players on (Sancho is the name everyone wants to hear) and the other is striker to start ahead of/compete against Martial (such as Jimenez).

I dont see the point in this signing anymore. Now we have Bruno hes not going to play in the middle, and on the left hes not replacing Rashford. Where does he play? Hes got too much character and ego to be a squad player.

Ekeke

Not really. Ole clearly sees Martial as a CF leaving only Rashford and James who play LW. Grealish would offer more than James who IMO should be no more than a squad player.

You could play Grealish in an attacking role to the left of McT with Bruno to the right or rotate him on LW when resting Rashford.
Why though?

We'd obviously want to play both Rashford and Grealish. So that means one of them on the right, Martial on the bench with Rashford up front or Grealish playing AM with Fernandes not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.