Jack Wilshere | I should be in the England squad

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
He's on a free at the end of the season isn't he? :angel:
As has been explained many times here, he said at the of the previous game that the deal with Arsenal is almost signed and he is looking forward to the future with the club.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
As has been explained many times here, he said at the of the previous game that the deal with Arsenal is almost signed and he is looking forward to the future with the club.
Nothing signed yet then?

"Hey Jack, how would you like the £150k a week that Fellaini turned down?"

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Nothing signed yet then?

"Hey Jack, how would you like the £150k a week that Fellaini turned down?"
We can easily give him that. Garbage like Walcott is earning similar amounts. There is also no way any Arsenal player is going to United while Mourinho is the United manager. And neither have United done any better than us in the league for nearly half a decade now barring this year. This isn't Fergie's title winning team nor is the RVP scenario. The only rival now who can poach any of our top level players are City.

Contracts are not signed in a day.

''
"I definitely want to be here. I want to help Arsenal get to where they should be," Wilshere, who made his Gunners debut in 2008, told Sky Sports.

"We just have to sort things out and I'm sure that will happen in the next couple of weeks and it will be sorted."

These were his words. Make of them what you will.

Eyepopper

We can easily give him that. Garbage like Walcott is earning similar amounts. There is also no way any Arsenal player is going to United while Mourinho is the United manager. And neither have United done any better than us in the league for nearly half a decade now barring this year. This isn't Fergie's title winning team nor is the RVP scenario. The only rival now who can poach any of our top level players are City.

''
"I definitely want to be here. I want to help Arsenal get to where they should be," Wilshere, who made his Gunners debut in 2008, told Sky Sports.

"We just have to sort things out and I'm sure that will happen in the next couple of weeks and it will be sorted."

Haven't you basically been City's feeder club for the guts of a decade now?

"Hey Jack, Ozil will be here too, so it'll be easier for you to settle in."

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Haven't you basically been City's feeder club for the guts of a decade now?

"Hey Jack, Ozil will be here too, so it'll be easier for you to settle in."
They got Adebayor and Nasri from us. Clichy and Sagna went there when they weren't really in first team. Hardly a feeder club. That would be me saying you're City's feeder club considering Tevez and Hargreaves ended up there too. And even if its true, we were not an oil club backed by billions. Which is essentially what dear Jose is also crying about now.

Your imaginary phone calls reminds me of a RAWK post posted here, where Kenny was having some fantastical discussion with a PL player ''hey la' come to Liverpool and play with the best midfielder in Gerrard and a Brazilian'.

How do I respond to this 10 year old level of discourse?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Out of interest why not? He'd be good with Pogba, no?
Well no he wouldnt; he would be a back up for Pogba. Because Pogba is better at virtually everything and is the same type of player.

Ramsey would be a much better compliment to Pogba, because he has a very good engine and will be able to do the opposite of Pogba to balance the midfield or provide runs into the box for Pogba to find.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Ramsey would be a much better compliment to Pogba, because he has a very good engine and will be able to do the opposite of Pogba to balance the midfield or provide runs into the box for Pogba to find.
Do you really the dead celebrities' blood on your hands?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Do you really the dead celebrities' blood on your hands?
Ramsey doesnt need to score that many goals; what he needs to do is be an annoying cnut like Khedira or Vidal. All action type of midfielder that should get sent off every game but gets away with it because that's his game.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Ramsey doesnt need to score that many goals; what he needs to do is be an annoying cnut like Khedira or Vidal. All action type of midfielder that should get sent off every game but gets away with it because that's his game.
To be honest you're overrating him.

There is a reason why we are beyond mediocre now for years, aside from our spent manager, is because our squad is dross and the few good players like Ramsey are too inconsistent. I can count good performances from some of our players in the last 5 years on my hands. They are good, better than 16 other teams in the league. Which shows in our serial 4th position every year, barring last year and this year probably. And not an upgrade on any player any other top team have.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
To be honest you're overrating him.

There is a reason why we are beyond mediocre now for years, aside from our spent manager, is because our squad is dross and the few good players like Ramsey are too inconsistent. I can count good performances from some of our players in the last 5 years on my hands.
I wasn't actually saying I'd want Ramsey in the team :lol: just that he'd be a better fit from your team for us.

We already have the Spanish Aaron Ramsey in our team, he'll put in a worldie one game and be utter shite the next. He was our player of the season last season and now he is average. His name is Herrera :D

Eyepopper

They got Adebayor and Nasri from us. Clichy and Sagna went there when they weren't really in first team. Hardly a feeder club. That would be me saying you're City's feeder club considering Tevez and Hargreaves ended up there too.
Combined appearances of Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy & Sagna for City - 361.

Hargreaves & Tevez - 114
(Tevez, who was never 'our' player to begin with, accounting for 113 of those)

League titles won since Arsenal became City's feeder club:

Arsenal - 0
City - 2
Utd - 3

(Of course thats not including what will happen when you feed City Sanchez)

Your imaginary phone calls reminds me of a RAWK post posted here, where Kenny was having some fantastical discussion with a PL player ''hey la' come to Liverpool and play with the best midfielder in Gerrard and a Brazilian'.
Hmmm, as fantastical as Wengers '5 year plan'? - Concocted when Wilshire was still in the womb?

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Combined appearances of Adebayor, Nasri, Clichy & Sagna for City - 361.

Hargreaves & Tevez - 114
(Tevez, who was never 'our' player to begin with, accounting for 113 of those)

League titles won since Arsenal became City's feeder club:

Arsenal - 0
City - 2
Utd - 3

(Of course thats not including what will happen when you feed City Sanchez)

Hmmm, as fantastical as Wengers '5 year plan'? - Concocted when Wilshire was still in the womb?
As I said, Sagna and Clichy were not even our first choice when they left. Secondly, even if they were, we lost all our players when we were in decline. You lost two of your players to them when they were nothing and you were at your peak. So quit this feeder club nonsense. We all know money is part of the reason, hence why even Mourinho is crying about it.

This isn't Fergie's United, this is a shadow of that club. So no need to be bitter about players choosing City and not choosing United. And I would happily feed City players rather than they go to United or Spurs or Chelsea. We have no real rivalry with City and never have had.

As for Wenger, not sure why you're criticising him to me, I abuse him in every match thread. Read my posts, my entire content on Redcafe is from blasting Wenger. :lol:

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
I wasn't actually saying I'd want Ramsey in the team :lol: just that he'd be a better fit from your team for us.

We already have the Spanish Aaron Ramsey in our team, he'll put in a worldie one game and be utter shite the next. He was our player of the season last season and now he is average. His name is Herrera :D
A lot of our players would perform well at United or City or even Spurs and Liverpool. As we are stuck with a manager who is past it. I am not sure if you saw today's game or not, me and you could have defended better. A problem he has not solved since 20006. :houllier:

Eyepopper

As I said, Sagna and Clichy were not even our first choice when they left. Secondly, even if they were, we lost all our players when we were in decline. You lost two of your players to them when they were nothing and you were at your peak. So quit this feeder club nonsense. We all know money is part of the reason, hence why even Mourinho is crying about it.
Hargreaves was first choice for Utd?

This isn't Fergie's United, this is a shadow of that club. So no need to be bitter about players choosing City and not choosing United. And I would happily feed City players rather than they go to United or Spurs or Chelsea. We have no real rivalry with City and never have had.
Van Persie chose Utd over City didn't he? Realising his ambition of finally winning the league in doing so. How did you feel about that?

But hey as long as you realise that you are a feeder club, its good not to be in denial, hopefully for you your players continue to choose City I guess you'll be OK with it.

As for Wenger, not sure why you're criticising him to me, I abuse him in every match thread. Read my posts, my entire content on Redcafe is from blasting Wenger. :lol:
I'm not criticising Wenger, largely he's done an amazing job of keeping CL money rolling I'm while the board lack any ambition and settle for mediocrity.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Hargreaves was first choice for Utd?

Van Persie chose Utd over City didn't he? Realising his ambition of finally winning the league in doing so. How did you feel about that?

But hey as long as you realise that you are a feeder club, its good not to be in denial, hopefully for you your players continue to choose City I guess you'll be OK with it.

I'm not criticising Wenger, largely he's done an amazing job of keeping CL money rolling I'm while the board lack any ambition and settle for mediocrity.
I literally mentioned the RVP thing twice. Comprehension issues that you missed it, I am not sure. He chose United over City because United were dominating the league for years until that point and had done superbly in the CL barring Barca and because of possibly the greatest manager in history: Sir Alex. No player would with a brain would make the same decision now. Sir Alex is gone, they can now get better money at City, while also the trophies along with it. United are not the same club, they've barely even made the CL since 2013.

And yeah, our players will leave our club because of our incompetent manager and useless board with no plan or proper investment and I have no problem with any player leaving to play anywhere to further their career. I am much more happy if they choose City, a club who has no real rivalry with us, than Spurs, Liverpool or United.

Eyepopper

And yeah, our players will leave our club because of our incompetent manager and useless board with no plan or proper investment and I have no problem with any player leaving to play anywhere to further their career. I am much more happy if they choose City, a club who has no real rivalry with us, than Spurs, Liverpool or United.
Yeah but this thread is about Wilshire. Joining City wouldn't further his career - they don't need him.

Utd on the otherhand will have 2 openings in his position in the not too distant future.

Good that the move would have your blessing.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah but this thread is about Wilshire. Joining City wouldn't further his career - they don't need him.

Utd on the otherhand will have 2 openings in his position in the not too distant future.

Good that the move would have your blessing.
He won't be joining any club, I gave you a copy paste of his statement. Your reply to me was a school-boy fantasy phone-call, which shows the intellectual level of your debating. If this was the United of 2008-2013 I'd be worried he's leaving to United. But its not. If it ever comes to it that he's leaving United won't be the first name in my head. You can believe otherwise, in about 5 years time when or if United haven't won the league you can be like a RAWK fan, listing all your glories. You've already reached half-way, as you gave me a trophy count above.

Thanks for saying the move would have my blessing, though in your sarcasm you missed my point. Common sense would dictate I don't want any player leaving, but if our players going to a rival will lead to Wenger leaving or the board waking up sure, I am all for it. If I was Sanchez I'd left in August. Why waste your career in a club with no ambition. Unlike you I realise the reality of the team I support. You can continue with your phone-calls, as my post count only allows 10 posts a day.

Eyepopper

He won't be joining any club, I gave you a copy paste of his statement. Your reply to me was a school-boy fantasy phone-call, which shows the intellectual level of your debating. If this was the United of 2008-2013 I'd be worried he's leaving to United. But its not. If it ever comes to it that he's leaving United won't be the first name in my head. You can believe otherwise, in about 5 years time when or if United haven't won the league you can be like a RAWK fan, listing all your glories. You've already reached half-way, as you gave me a trophy count above.

Thanks for saying the move would have my blessing, though in your sarcasm you missed my point. Common sense would dictate I don't want any player leaving, but if our players going to a rival will lead to Wenger leaving or the board waking up sure, I am all for it. If I was Sanchez I'd left in August. Why waste your career in a club with no ambition. Unlike you I realise the reality of the team I support. You can continue with your phone-calls, as my post count only allows 10 posts a day.
The club I support won a European cup last year, how long has it been since the club you support managed that?

tentan

Poor man's poster.
---------------De Gea
Valencia---Bailly---Jones----Shaw
--------------Matic----Wilshere
Ozil-------------Pogba------Sanchez
-----------------Martial--------------

What team that would be.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Out of interest why not? He'd be good with Pogba, no?
I think he'd be the perfect player to play in a 3 alongside Pogba and Matic. Some prefer the box to box player like José had with Khedira (Savic the most likely) but I'd prefer a D.Silva/Cazorla/Coutinho/Wilshere type who can keep the ball under pressure, playmake, and contribute defensively, too. It wouldn't have to be jack himself - a player like Joao Mario, Jonathan Viera, Suso, Luis Alberto. Maybe even Lanzini who's looked good this year.

Not that I'm against having a box to box player there as that type of midfielder would fit in as well, and I do watch Lazio quite a bit and think Savic would be a fine signing, I just prefer the Iniesta type of midfielder.

dbs235

---------------De Gea
Valencia---Bailly---Jones----Shaw
--------------Matic----Wilshere
Ozil-------------Pogba------Sanchez
-----------------Martial--------------

What team that would be.
That would be class. A midfield that can not only control the ball but open up little gaps in a packed defense.

Luciano Venturini

Was watching Arsenal vs Chelsea last night and watching Wilshere play I couldn't help but think about how good a fit he'd be with Matic and Pogba. A player who will work defensively to regain possession but then can also turn it on attacking wise when needed. Would definitely allow Pogba to play further forward. I know people will automatically question his injury record and rightly so but if from now to May he can stay fit and play regular football proving his worth, would it not be worth looking at him as a free agent?

Reactions: KM

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Was watching Arsenal vs Chelsea last night and watching Wilshere play I couldn't help but think about how good a fit he'd be with Matic and Pogba. A player who will work defensively to regain possession but then can also turn it on attacking wise when needed. Would definitely allow Pogba to play further forward. I know people will automatically question his injury record and rightly so but if from now to May he can stay fit and play regular football proving his worth, would it not be worth looking at him as a free agent?
He wants to stay at Arsenal and I can't not see them offering him a new contract in the next few weeks

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

''

Are you sure that statement also applies to Ozil?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I'm surprised people are even entertaining the idea he'd join United, a club he absolutely hates.

For all Wilshere's flaws, he's Arsenal through and through.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's the perfect Arsenal player. Really needs to stick with them for a bit and play, especially after how patient they've been with him.

Looks to be getting back to his best though, he's much better than Elneny + Xhaka that's for sure. Will be a big improvement for England also.

Litch

Some players just look wrong in another shirt and he's one of them.

sajeev

When he was emerging, I thought he would be a pretty good replacement for the latter day Scholes

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
That is rough. Thought he was an immense talent when younger, never nice to see a player get fecked by injuries.

Bojan11

Fair play to him. Thought he’d get injured after signing the contract.

cyberman

This is textbook Jack for what? 3 years now?
And he still refuses to sign a contract because Arsenal won't bow to his demands after everything Wenger has done for him.
It's a ridiculous situation to be in.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair I do usually rate Wilshere, he was pretty atrocious yesterday however. The best thing about him is he always looks to turn out and play forward.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Straight up said Wilshere is the most overrated player on the planet :lol:
He has been ridiculously overrated for years - on his day he can be a decent player but nothing more than that. He is bang average.