Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorky_utd

The only concern for me is that he didn't even make the England bench. England has a lot of talent, but I expect him to be atleast part of the matchday squad.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The only concern for me is that he didn't even make the England bench. England has a lot of talent, but I expect him to be atleast part of the matchday squad.
Greenwood didn't even make the squad, are you concerned about him?

Red00012

Shaw was left on the bench for a RB who can take free kicks are you concerned about Shaw ?

Bondi77

He’s not worth £81 million we obviously have to negotiate as low as we can.
80mil for a player that does not make the bench for a competitive international???
Dortmund need to wake up to themselves and take the generous cool 67mil

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Well, Sancho will be sold though if a club bids around £70m for him. That's a fair price for what both sides get out of it. United needs a decent right winger and BVB has to sell one of their stars this summer and his value will go down a lot further next year with keeping unhappy player who has been trying to leave for a couple of years.

So, I have no problem United trying to save £5-10m. If it will go into other targets, I would be fine with it.
Disagree.

We wasted all of last summer, squabling with Dortmund over the price, meaning we had to scramble like idiots on deadline day to get some signings.

We have other transfers to tend to as well. No need to waste even more time on this if we are talking about 5 million

dove

Well, Sancho will be sold though if a club bids around £70m for him. That's a fair price for what both sides get out of it. United needs a decent right winger and BVB has to sell one of their stars this summer and his value will go down a lot further next year with keeping unhappy player who has been trying to leave for a couple of years.

So, I have no problem United trying to save £5-10m. If it will go into other targets, I would be fine with it.
I guess you were one of those screaming "just pay £25m for Telles" last summer just to get him for £10m less a couple weeks later.

dal

I wanted Phillips, Grealish and Sancho 6 months ago I want them even more now.

If we could somehow sell Martial, Pogba and Lingard and somehow get these 3 we would be in a brilliant position.

It might be a £100 million net spend but if there’s anytime to invest it’s now, prices will only increase in the future.

Forward - Grealish, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Cavani, Bruno, Diallo.

Midfielders - Fred, Mctominay, VDB, Phillips.

The average age is around 25 which is perfect.

Bondi77

I guess you were one of those screaming "just pay £25m for Telles" last summer just to get him for £10m less a couple weeks later.
Getting Telles for nothing would have been an alright deal.

Jacob

I don't think this will happen. Dortmund are stubborn af and probably better negotiators. They know we desperately want him.

United are in a new phase where we're trying to prove we're no pushovers in the transfer market either.

padzilla

Hipster
Either just get it done or move onto other targets. The players we bought from Dortmund before were supposed to be great but turned out to be shite, I don't see Sancho being the be all and end all for us one way or the other. The central of defence and defensive midfield positions need addressing urgently this summer too.

kirk buttercup

Happy Sancho Day . Have a feeling we will start making moves very soon ( this is obviously based on nothing but a hunch )

Flexdegea

I don't think this will happen. Dortmund are stubborn af and probably better negotiators. They know we desperately want him.

United are in a new phase where we're trying to prove we're no pushovers in the transfer market either.

Are we desperate tho? Not even sure it's the essential position anymore compared to other areas, and we bought 2 younger players for that spot last season.

Judas

Open to offers
Either just get it done or move onto other targets. The players we bought from Dortmund before were supposed to be great but turned out to be shite, I don't see Sancho being the be all and end all for us one way or the other. The central of defence and defensive midfield positions need addressing urgently this summer too.
Wait, we've bought players from Dortmund before that weren't a success? Why hasn't this been mentioned? I feel duped. Sanchoff.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Remember how we got the Bruno deal? We walked away the first time.

The transfer team need to develop a spine and need to get rid of the reputation of over-paying aka the United tax.

The Firestarter

Question , there is not a single unironic "big day today post" correct ? I am not often around these parts.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Getting Telles for nothing would have been an alright deal.
Still too expensive as far as I’m concerned.

I hope we get Sancho without paying over the odds, though that scenario is unlikely.

Southgate is doing his bit by dropping him from the squad (naming 2 keepers on the bench over Sancho) and reducing his value. Nice one Gareth.

wolvored

If we could somehow sell Martial, Pogba and Lingard and somehow get these 3 we would be in a brilliant position.

It might be a £100 million net spend but if there’s anytime to invest it’s now, prices will only increase in the future.

Be a lot more than 100 mill net spend. Buying those 3 would be north of £220 mill and you won't get nowhere near £120 mill for the 3 you want to sell

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
How is there so much negativity when there are literally no reliable sources saying that this deal is unlikely?

:lol: feck sake. Just relax and be patient.. Chances are it won't be done until after the euros

redshaw

Had a dream I shook Sancho's hand after he signed and was talking about places to live like Alderley Edge

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

The year to sell Sancho is this one. In 2022 he's entering his final contract year and his transfer value will go down significantly. The player wants to move and was reportedly impacted negatively when it fell through last year. Dortmund can't afford to upset the player two transfer windows in a row, he'll simply refuse to sign another extension, and Dortmund risk leaving £30m~ on the table that could have been spent investing in future talent, simply because they want to posture. There's also the signal effect to new potential talents that want to use Dortmund as a stepping stone: They play hardball to the point where someone may feel its to the detriment of their careers. Sancho may feel he just wasted one year of his. Eventually that could outweigh the allure of playing CL football for a 17 year old, then again it may not, who knows what teenagers are thinking about.

Eitrher way: This will happen this year, Dortmund, or we, can't afford it not to.

big rons sovereign

If grealish and Phillips wanna play for United, they'll have to lose those shitty haircuts.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Still too expensive as far as I’m concerned.

I hope we get Sancho without paying over the odds, though that scenario is unlikely.

Southgate is doing his bit by dropping him from the squad (naming 2 keepers on the bench over Sancho) and reducing his value. Nice one Gareth.
I believe he is required to pick 2 keepers on the bench. The match day squad stays the same as it would be for a normal 23 man squad.

dal

Be a lot more than 100 mill net spend. Buying those 3 would be north of £220 mill and you won't get nowhere near £120 mill for the 3 you want to sell
I’d say around 1-120 million but it will be money very well spent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Greenwood withdrew because of an injury
Sounds like he wasn't going to make the team anyway.
Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett:

"This was a clean slate for Mason Greenwood but I think it's significant that this is an announcement that has come from Manchester United. It's not come from the FA, and it hasn't come from Gareth Southgate. My impression on this is that United have tried to stem off a situation where later in the day Greenwood wasn't named in the final 26-man squad anyway.

"We know he's had injuries in the past and as a young player he needs to rehab from that. It's very possible that Southgate and his medical team have had frank discussions with those at United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. He was a player on the fringes of making the 26, and those at both parties have decided it's best for him not to make the Euros."

wolvored

You defeinately would get near 120 for those three.
I don't know. Pogba in his last season and no one actively after him reckon 30/35 mill. Lingard 10/20 mill and theb Martial. Could get 30-50 mill depending if a PSG or similar would get the top end. Either way I reckon 100 mill tops. Think the 3 players coming in which were mentioned would be a minimum 80 for Grealish and Sancho and 60 for Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.