Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I just read something on twitter we arent announcing any signings until late july so they can be photographed holding the new team viewer strip,

MEN were the source so probably bull but does seem a very commercial woodward move, apparently why heaton hasnt been announced either
He can't be announced if he neither has signed for the club or even undergone a medical......

Judas

Open to offers
Here we go.

The classic "it's only (add date here) merchant" ying, to the crapping themselves at no transfers early June types, yang.

Your type soon disappear when it's August 5th and we've still only bought some backup player :wenger:
Yes the people saying its still early in the window do indeed stop saying that when it is later in the window. You've cracked the code, solved the puzzle.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes the people saying its still early in the window do indeed stop saying that when it is later in the window. You've cracked the code, solved the puzzle.
They stop saying it, as the excuse is gone, as we disappoint again.

Optimistic for this summer though, our window, right?

Judas

Open to offers
They stop saying it, as the excuse is gone, as we disappoint again.

Optimistic for this summer though, our window, right?
It's a source of entertainment to me, if you can't have fun and be optimistic at this point in the window I feel sorry for you a bit, it's a laugh. It's not the time for crying, whinging, moaning, that can come when the window closes and we assess what we have or haven't done.

Waynne

That's good and all but what about our defense. We desperately need a good CB, RB and CDM.

Eddy_JukeZ

If the club expects Dortmund to lower the price, this will drag on.

They won't lower their price that they've set this window. They never have.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Considering he didn't even break silence for a Fernandes tweet, i'm assuming he's moved onto new things / not in manchester anymore? Or just doesn't like the twitter attention.
Maybe he did. He was a freelance as far as I know and its not like he gets money from tweeting, unlike some journalists.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Don't mind the haggling. It's only business. There's time. No one else would pay that amount, so why pay it?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Don't mind the haggling. It's only business. There's time. No one else would pay that amount, so why pay it?
Precisely. You would hope all your employees or those in your team treat the company's money as though it was like their own. The transfer team are just doing their job -- extracting as much value as possible, within the parameters or budgetary constraints set out months ago.

roseguy64

I would understand if it was a single video. It’s not. It’s a policy. They just make shitty content and people watch it. There are a lot of good channels on YT like Tifo, Norman, Statman Dave. They don’t feel they have to feed crap to people to increase audience.
Tifo and Statman Dave are going for a different kind of audience. Channels like Stretford Paddock, AFTV and United Stand are aiming to attract a general audience. So clickbait titles are the name of the game. I watch SP for the content/personalities not the titles. I get the gist.

zenith

What's worrying is that since the club have shown a propensity to only negotiate one deal at a time in the past. All this time wasted right now will mean that other areas of the squad will remain untouched.

sglowrider

What's worrying is that since the club have shown a propensity to only negotiate one deal at a time in the past. All this time wasted right now will mean that other areas of the squad will remain untouched.
There is a reason for this -- they are probably given a rigid budget to work within. So if priority 1 costs XXX, then that will affect priority 2 and their choices and so on. A pretty efficient approach from a financial perspective.

This may change with a DOF who may be more proactive and has more bandwidth prior to the window,

Lemon Moon

Yeah spend all week haggling over £10m then he plays & scores/assists a hat full Friday vs Scotland and his price goes up £20m

Just pay them, get it sorted, we all can't stomach another summer of this shit.

makcikkaulawa

This is so draggy but i get it as a business point of view. These are business men negotiating. The football side of it is done and dusted as we know what Sancho is like and what he can bring to United.

Let them haggle, we have all the time in the world.

Having said that, what will happen if say Sancho signs and **touch wood** have a horrific injury like Van Dijk or Shaw during the Euros, do we still need to pay Dortmund or wait till he is well? It wont happen but hypothetically it does happen, who foot the bill? they should have a clause stating that any injuries in the Euros, Dortmund is responsible..

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don’t mind we go negotiate abit, but let’s not drag it until last day of transfer window (like we always did). We need to get it done quick and move on to other targets.

The United

Well, Sancho will be sold though if a club bids around £70m for him. That's a fair price for what both sides get out of it. United needs a decent right winger and BVB has to sell one of their stars this summer and his value will go down a lot further next year with keeping unhappy player who has been trying to leave for a couple of years.

So, I have no problem United trying to save £5-10m. If it will go into other targets, I would be fine with it.

Highfather_24

He will get #20 or #22 if he comes here. Then #7 when Cavani leaves.

Hate Dortmund and their pretentious "we dont negotiate" bs. Hope Woodward and co be as miserly as possible. Bargain for every pound. Feck Dortmund.

CG1010

There is a reason for this -- they are probably given a rigid budget to work within. So if priority 1 costs XXX, then that will affect priority 2 and their choices and so on. A pretty efficient approach from a financial perspective.

This may change with a DOF who may be more proactive and has more bandwidth prior to the window,
We technically have one now, isn't it?

sglowrider

We technically have one now, isn't it?
Yes. And I think the negotiation seems to be progressing at a better rate than say compared to Woodward in his 1st summer as an extreme example. Less bluster and seems to be moving gradually. Remember the window only just opened.

CG1010

Yes. And I think the negotiation seems to be progressing at a better rate than say compared to Woodward in his 1st summer as an extreme example. Less bluster and seems to be moving gradually. Remember the window only just opened.
Yeah let's see.. I asked because reading it I assumed you were saying that we need one. So thought of clarifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.