Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

It’s clear that it’s just structure of the deal at this point so I’m pretty relaxed about the whole thing and really pleased that we are bringing another world class talent to the squad, no matter how long it’s taken.

What’s really exciting to me is that he’s excellent in THREE positions -LW, RW and 10, which means we can actually rest some of our better players and not lose any quality. No more Rashford playing half a season injured or Bruno playing every game.

El Zoido

A semi-final in a World Cup is no mean feat.

Starting Trippier at LB may look strange, but it worked.

Southgate is the best England manager we've had since Sven! Some manager just aren't cut out for club football, much like Scolari who was terrible as a club manager but incredible as a international coach.

You think that he's there because the players like him yes? Much like the same excuse the CAF for Ole. The players just don't go out there and play however they like. Does Gareth rely on individual brilliance. No. It's not like he doesn't tell them how to play. Put it this way if he'd won the World Cup he'd be lauded as the greatest England manager ever. Yet because we lost he's somehow tactically inept and should not be listened to because he couldn't make it at Middlesborough. Makes sense.

Two Semi-Finals (WC/Nations League) isn't achieved by just some fluke. He's a great manager.
He’s not the worst England manager, but calling him a “great manager” is ridiculous. Also he’s underachieved with England and has only done this well because the squad is stacked. His selection on Sunday was poor, the performance was uninspiring, yet it’s being made out like some sort of masterstroke of management. He got lucky with the result, Croatia are a shadow of their former selves and we should have beaten them comfortably.

fergosaurus

Southgate is the best England manager we've had since Sven! Some manager just aren't cut out for club football, much like Scolari who was terrible as a club manager but incredible as a international coach.

You think that he's there because the players like him yes? Much like the same excuse the CAF for Ole. The players just don't go out there and play however they like. Does Gareth rely on individual brilliance. No. It's not like he doesn't tell them how to play. Put it this way if he'd won the World Cup he'd be lauded as the greatest England manager ever. Yet because we lost he's somehow tactically inept and should not be listened to because he couldn't make it at Middlesborough. Makes sense.

Two Semi-Finals (WC/Nations League) isn't achieved by just some fluke. He's a great manager.
Nations League. :lol:

Chris Coleman got to a semifinal of a major tournament and unlike Southgate he actually had to beat a top team along the way.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Probably one offer away from The Real Sancho Day, hopefully preparing the deal won't be in phase of preparation for too long, but better be prepared.

Rolaholic

:lol:
He’s not the worst England manager, but calling him a “great manager” is ridiculous. Also he’s underachieved with England and has only done this well because the squad is stacked. His selection on Sunday was poor, the performance was uninspiring, yet it’s being made out like some sort of masterstroke of management. He got lucky with the result, Croatia are a shadow of their former selves and we should have beaten them comfortably.
Yea the bare minimum being held up as a smashing success against a washed up Croatian squad has been a bit funny to see :lol:

England have been a top 3 team in Europe in terms of talent for the last 3 years at least, anything less than the semi's with all that quality should be judged as failure.

He's done enough to keep the job but the football on display has hardly been inspiring or consistently impressive under Southgate's reign. Only thing I'll give him a bit of credit for is bringing through so much youth into the set up and picking often overlooked players.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions

:eek:

Eh...? What did you say? Sorry to all the muppets for contributing to derailing this thread but I couldn't resist the bait. Consider me caught, this must be bait here, right? I don't think you can be serious, especially with the "if my aunt had beards she'd be my uncle" statement.

Flytan

Dortmund are such a slimy club to me man. I feel like they keep increasing the price whenever we increase the bid. No doubt they'd prefer to sell him to Bayern for peanuts or even let him go for free there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Dortmund are such a slimy club to me man. I feel like they keep increasing the price whenever we increase the bid. No doubt they'd prefer to sell him to Bayern for peanuts or even let him go for free there.
How has the price changed?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Wow he definitely isn't a great manager. He is pragmatic and played to set piece specialties (which he's done well with) and had a good draw in the last world cup that meant England avoided any of the big teams the entire tournament. This time around he has a brilliant group of players to pick from, but that doesn't make him a great manager. Is Di Matteo a great manager because he won the CL with Chelsea? Of course not, they rode their luck and won a cup - which a lot of international football is.

Semi finals of the nation's league... come on don't try and bring too much relevance to the tournament that replaced international friendlies, and the semi finals of it is just finishing 1st out of a 3 team group. It's like putting down the International Champions Cup as a trophy that Van Gaal won ffs. And the biggest thing is he lost at the semi finals. Semi finals really isn't some great achievement, or shouldn't be, for England. Just because they take relegation standard managers year after year so constantly flop doesn't mean that Southgate beating the teams he should be beating and failing to win against similar quality teams in the WC is some great achievement. You can only beat what's in front of you so i don't want to use the World Cup semi against him, but its hardly a big plus either. It'd be a flop of Icelandic proportions if they failed against Sweden or Colombia or Tunisia or Panama in the last WC though.

We'll see how England down in the knockout stages this year. A run to the finals would likely be something like Porgual/Spain/Germany or Netherlands before playing a France/Italy/Belgium in the finals, so it's a much tougher draw than that WC.

If Rodgers ever goes and takes over England, especially with this generation of players, they'd be up there as favourites to win. They are top 3 or 4 in terms of talent, and with a good harmony sometimes that's all it takes.

b82REZ

So what makes your source bigger than sky sports?

next you will say daily mail is more reputable than Sky sports.

Also, I am not disputing reps are contacted first, show me an article showing Manutd agreeing dozens of personal terms every summer and then not bidding for the player, which is what you are claiming happens all the time.
I mean I don't know what to say. You're either dim or being purposely awkward. It's an open secret, yet is illegal so obviously there's no sources.

Adding quality players to your starting 11 doesn't give you an increased chance at earning more points?

Interesting hypothesis.
If it was that simple the Madrid galacticos would have won everything.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
More likely that the twitterati ITKs know sweet feck all.

George the Cat

Close this thread and open it up just before transfer deadline day when we’ve managed to add another 30 million onto the fee due to faffing around.

romufc

I mean I don't know what to say. You're either dim or being purposely awkward. It's an open secret, yet is illegal so obviously there's no sources.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54092705

From one of your trusted sources.

United have broken an impasse by agreeing a deal over wages and agents' fee around any move that could materialise for their main target

So why would they report that personal terms are agreed if United had no intention of putting a bid in?

laughtersassassin

It increases your chances it doesn't guarantee it and I never said it did.

b82REZ

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54092705

From one of your trusted sources.

United have broken an impasse by agreeing a deal over wages and agents' fee around any move that could materialise for their main target

So why would they report that personal terms are agreed if United had no intention of putting a bid in?
I mean, you're proving my point here so thanks.

We sounded him out, made sure there were going to be no outrageous demands and agreed, in principle the kind of deal he can expect.

Just because that due diligence is done doesn't mean were suddenly going to make a bid. Sancho obviously wasn't a priority last year, but getting this done as early as possible allows us to move quickly in the instance another club goes in for him, for example.

Every club in the world does it. Why waste weeks negotiating with a club only to find out the player has no interest in joining you when you offer them a contract?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
How has the price changed?
This is what happens when there is no news (bare in mind it's been about a week since our bid was rejected, if that..) more reports start to emerge and people jump to conclusions.

There isn't a single big deal that's been completed yet this summer and we have our fans criticising the club for not wrapping up probably the biggest one of the summer.

romufc

I mean, you're proving my point here so thanks.

We sounded him out, made sure there were going to be no outrageous demands and agreed, in principle the kind of deal he can expect.

Just because that due diligence is done doesn't mean were suddenly going to make a bid. Sancho obviously wasn't a priority last year, but getting this done as early as possible allows us to move quickly in the instance another club goes in for him, for example.

Every club in the world does it. Why waste weeks negotiating with a club only to find out the player has no interest in joining you when you offer them a contract?

Mate.. do you know the difference between sounding out and agreeing personal terms?

We agreed personal terms, that isnt sounding out.

We sound out alot of players, I agree but show me a article that shows we have agreed personal terms with a dozen players.

You can't can you?

b82REZ

Mate.. do you know the difference between sounding out and agreeing personal terms?

We agreed personal terms, that isnt sounding out.

We sound out alot of players, I agree but show me a article that shows we have agreed personal terms with a dozen players.

You can't can you?
You're having an absolute mare and we're just going to go round in circles because I don't really think you know what you're on about.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
WC semifinal is no mean feat so Garethbis a great managet. Yeah, let's forget the fact that he lost all 3 games he faced anyone of note.

He did beat Panama convincingly I guess...

Judas

Open to offers
Think this'll be announced officially, even if its pending medical, before England are knocked out. We're clearly very close to getting things sorted with Dortmund if we're negotiating the add-ons.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Chill people, this isn’t happening in the middle of the Euros. We’ll have to wait until England are knocked out by a team they thought they’d beat.
The hold up is a club to club matter, its of no concern to the player. I don't get how the euros would hold up club agreement of a fee.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Madrid won 3 CL finals between 1998 and 2002, and then 4 between 2014 and 2018. Better players = better results. There's the occasional temporary flop year but it's usually quickly fixed.

RkkMan

Looks like it'll drag a little longer yet kill me now

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Doesn’t the player have to leave International duty to sign a contract and have a medical? Or can that happen later on?
You can announce the agreement subject to a medical etc.

So the deal itself doesn't need to be done but an announcement of club agreement can be done, if I'm not mistaken. I think we did similar with Lukaku?

Judas

Open to offers
I suppose the frustrating thing is in the grand scheme of things it seems we're squabbling over very little money. It would be nice to just plonk a little bit more down and get it done dealio'd. We've already made a great saving compared to last summer.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Honest question, is Nurse now considered not quite the complete joke figure that he once was?

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The point to ponder here is that we were/are the only team trying to buy Sancho and it's taken us this long to get it over the finishing line.

Imagine if there were two/three other clubs vying for him. :lol:

hubbuh

The point to ponder here is that we were/are the only team trying to buy Sancho and it's taken us this long to get it over the finishing line.

Imagine if there were two/three other clubs vying for him. :lol:
That's exactly why we don't necessarily need to immediately cave to Dortmund's demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.