Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
That's exactly why we don't necessarily need to immediately cave to Dortmund's demands.
With this type of reasoning then it's more of the same for us just like the last seasons and from the Glazers.
If you're happy with that ---- but i'm not for sure.

laughtersassassin

No rush to get it done whilst England are still in the euros, expect it to move very quickly once we're out.
Arguable. Big summer ahead. Sooner we can get everything done the better.

Last summer was a shitshow. We need to do better.

hubbuh

Dortmund will be happy not to sell so if we don't meet their price then we won't get him imo.

Obviously haggle for a bit but we can't waste our summer again.
Dortmund need to sell before they can buy. They are massively in the red. Not selling him for another means his price goes down yet again. It's obvious all parties want it done this summer and I'm sure it will.

Definitely agree that getting it wrapped quickly should also be a priority.

hubbuh

With this type of reasoning then it's more of the same for us just like the last seasons and from the Glazers.
If you're happy with that ---- but i'm not for sure.
We can't operate like City and Chelsea do, our owners don't have oil money. Immediately paying whatever a club demands right out the gate would not end well.

laughtersassassin

Dortmund need to sell before they can buy. They are massively in the red. Not selling him for another means his price goes down yet again. It's obvious all parties want it done this summer and I'm sure it will.

Definitely agree that getting it wrapped quickly should also be a priority.
Price won't go down that much. Its worth it for them if it keeps them in the too 4 as it did this year.

If we don't meet their price they will be happy to keep. Same deal as last year but a lower fee.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
More time to adapt plans if the deal goes sour would be one. Clearly fecked us last year.
If the hang up is duration of payments, it means they want more cash flow in hand to complete other deals. If they have to settle for bigger shorter payments, it means sacrificing in a different position.

0le

How is it any better if the player will not be available instantly. Do we get any points for getting a player in early??
Yes, the player can be involved in pre-season preparations with the first team.

laughtersassassin

He's not going to train or play for us whilst he is with England so what's the rush?
By that argument there is no need to sign Anyone until the days before Pre season?

Also by that Argument no point signing him after the Euros because he will go on Holiday as well.

So that will bring us very close to Dortmund's July 23rd deadline.

Why do pre agreements mid season like other clubs so often do? Mind you we never do these but I suspect it's due to our poor planning.

It's like anything really, it's beneficial to have your ducks in a row as soon as they can be. Especially in case something went sour with the deal.

Last edited:

bludsucker

Yes, the player can be involved in pre-season preparations with the first team.
But the player will not be available for preseason or at the least until after england gets knocked out of the euros. So no need to get anxious whether this transfer gets done now or in a couple of weeks.

laughtersassassin

But the player will not be available for preseason or at the least until after england gets knocked out of the euros. So no need to get anxious whether this transfer gets done now or in a couple of weeks.
I suppose it all depends on if you trust our ability, competence and drive to act soundly in the transfer market. Me personally I don't hence why I have a somewhat pessimistic point of view on these things.

But if you trust the club then I can see your point if view.

I just see us mess up more times than not that my point of view won't change until we clearly turn a corner in how we do things.

bludsucker

I suppose it all depends on if you trust our ability, competence and drive to act soundly in the transfer market. Me personally I don't hence why I have a somewhat pessimistic point of view on these things.

But if you trust the club then I can see your point if view.

I just see us mess up more times than not that my point of view won't change until we clearly turn a corner in how we do things.
Hey don’t get me wrong. As a fan i would also like to see a signing done as soon as possible. But if we can shave off a few million by negotiating for a bit of time then so be it. That would mean a few more millions being available for other transfers.

Comet49

I seen a story today to click on (I didn’t) saying Liverpool are going to try and gazump us to sign Sancho. The story was on Football365. Don’t really believe that but wish they’d get it sorted with his club.

RUCK4444

I seen a story today to click on (I didn’t) saying Liverpool are going to try and gazump us to sign Sancho. The story was on Football365. Don’t really believe that but wish they’d get it sorted with his club.
Oh no… these are tier 1

Widow

For me, it's about getting it done so we can move onto other targets.

We are notoriously bad at dealing with multiple transfers at the same time, both ins and outs.

Get Sancho done and get excited about the next one!

laughtersassassin

Hey don’t get me wrong. As a fan i would also like to see a signing done as soon as possible. But if we can shave off a few million by negotiating for a bit of time then so be it. That would mean a few more millions being available for other transfers.
I'd agree with that. They key question being if we can. And that delaying doesn't cause unforseen issues in some way which is possible.

Personally basses in everything reported Dortmund won't budge at all on fee so if we are trying to haggle that it's a waste of time.

But maybe we can haggle to length of payment etc.

We'd be crazy to let it drag in all summer again though. Mid July should be the latest we do this.

SATA

If we can save some 10M by negotiating for a further few days and put that towards the Trippier deal, i am all for it. Be patient and enjoy the euros which i am thoroughly doing now

laughtersassassin

If we can save some 10M by negotiating for a further few days and put that towards the Trippier deal, i am all for it. Be patient and enjoy the euros which i am thoroughly doing now
Why does anyone think we can save 10 million? As reported by everyone Dortmund won't budge on total fee. Maybe we can pay it over a year or so longer but the fee won't be moving if we want him.

Also Trippier deal is starting to look a bit too expensive for what he is by a few reports.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Why does anyone think we can save 10 million? As reported by everyone Dortmund won't budge on total fee. Maybe we can pay it over a year or so longer but the fee won't be moving if we want him.

Also Trippier deal is starting to look a bit too expensive for what he is by a few reports.
By all accounts, United are willing to pay whats required, what they're not happy to do is pay it all upfront, which is understandable. They want to split it into installments and include reasonable addons, which is how a lot of deals are done i'd imagine.

laughtersassassin

By all accounts, United are willing to pay whats required, what they're not happy to do is pay it all upfront, which is understandable. They want to split it into installments and include reasonable addons, which is how a lot of deals are done i'd imagine.
Exactly so we won't be saving 10 mil at the end of the day. Often though clubs want more money total if you want to pay over so many years.

Apparently that's what happened with the Jota and Thiago deals for Liverpool. They paid over the price asked so that they could pay it over a much longer period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.