Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

So, when this signing finally happens, what does it mean for Amad for the new season cos to me he looks good enough to be a starter?
He certainly did not. He looks good enough to be in the squad but he had a fair few anonymous minutes in his limited exposure to the senior side and needs to be developed properly. Not doing him any favors to pile a load of expectation on him right now. I expect there to be lots of minutes for the squad players anyway, got to think we may well bite the bullet and let Rashford get properly fit whether that be an operation or just a big reduction in minutes to allow his body to rehab and there is a fair chance Martial won't be here when the window closes.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Remember all the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the deal didn't go through? So many people saying this was our one and only shot etc.

Bit silly wasn't it?

Looking at the situation logically, it should have been obvious that what was going to happen was us going back in for him. Especially since we weren't exactly going for permanent solutions to the RW when the deal finally fell through last summer.
Madness, but there's not much logical thinking in the transfer forum.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I honestly don't think this has that big of an influence on Amad, they'll continue to nurture his development and slowly phase him in. We'll simply have great depth on the wings, I think it'll be more of a problem for the likes of Dan James.
Agree, James is likely to be the odd man out.

croadyman

I think he would improve us significantly. He's a proper player. However, our biggest issue is in midfield.
Yeah centre midfield & CB are definitely our biggest issues outside of RW without any doubt

RkkMan

A stark reminder of his talent(19/20 season) to those who still think he shouldn't be a priority (!!!!) or those who have doubts on whether he's good enough

croadyman

A stark reminder of his talent(19/20 season) to those who still think he shouldn't be a priority (!!!!) or those who have doubts on whether he's good enough
My only concern is can his form translate to the Premier League

Lemansky

It didn’t have anything to do with "walking away" from a deal to prove a point. The club couldn’t afford it last year.
Of course we could afford it. But it’s was not a risk worth taking in the middle of a pandemic at that price.

RedDevil@84

Rashford will be benched and Sancho will take the left wing with Amad on right.
No chance Rashford will be benched. He will be moved to CF, with Cavani not starting enough. Fans will be frustrated when Cavani provides more movement and form than Rashford, but can't get a start.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
No chance Rashford will be benched. He will be moved to CF, with Cavani not starting enough. Fans will be frustrated when Cavani provides more movement and form than Rashford, but can't get a start.
That’s a very elaborate guess

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I hate this emoji … really hate it. I consider it the mark of the imbecile. Strangely though I can feel myself wanting to use it. Trying to resist but it’s no good … oh well … if you can’t beat them, join them ………..

:drool:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He doesn't seem to have much insight on this one. I saw him on ESPN today saying something like this and it's more a reflection of sentiment that's coming out of the media as a whole rather than him having some news to share.
He's well connected to the likes of Honigstein and Sven Westerschulze, so I would say he knows alittle bit more than most think.

Steve 007

Exactly this.
Martial, Rashford depending who’s fit (if martial stays). On the left, Cavani, Greenwood centre, Sancho (Greenwood on the right when Sancho needs rested). James and Amad back ups for tired players.

kirk buttercup

Surely if he joins it'll be Sancho on the right, Rashford on the left and Cavani or Greenwood as the striker?
LW - Rashford , James , Martial ( if he stays ) Sancho ( if needed)
RW - Sancho , Amad , Greenwood
CF- Greenwood , Cavani. Martial .

Thats alot of Depth. I dont think Martial will stay. Haaland Replacing Cavani next year would be unbelievable.

croadyman

Thats alot of Depth. I dont think Martial will stay. Haaland Replacing Cavani next year would be unbelievable.
IF we couldn't get him would you take Lewandowski although can't realistically see Bayern letting him go

TsuWave

My only concern is can his form translate to the Premier League
Why wouldn't it? Different league, yes, but the guy is 21, he came through the academy in England, his football education and foundation was in England. He'll be fine

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Surely if he joins it'll be Sancho on the right, Rashford on the left and Cavani or Greenwood as the striker?
Yes, probably, to begin with.

However, Sancho looks very comfortable on either side/flank.

Which is another reason to buy him.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Yes, probably, to begin with.

However, Sancho looks very comfortable on either side/flank.

Which is another reason to buy him.
Rashford was overplayed last season I think we all know that it'll be great to be able to rotate them. I'm not sure Martial would put up with being part of all that though so he can be sold now if not.

I am so glad we managed to keep Cavani now he can rotate the central spot with Greenword and Rashford when needed. I'd be looking for Amad to be part of the wing rotatation as well he looks the real deal but better to bring him on bit by bit.

BarstoolProphet

If we payed their “asking price” last season we would be taken for a ride on future transfers also. We need to get rid of the impression that we are fools in the transfer market, and show we are prepared to walk away from deals.

Completely agree. Hence why I love stories about Dortmund being unsure if United can finance a deal for Sancho. More of that, please.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I hate this emoji … really hate it. I consider it the mark of the imbecile. Strangely though I can feel myself wanting to use it. Trying to resist but it’s no good … oh well … if you can’t beat them, join them ………..

:drool:
All of this site's emojis are fantastic. Which contributes significantly to its quality. The one you used is no exception, you should know better than to badmouth it.

Gazza

Some fans are happy with signing Sancho and yet have also said that Ole should get sacked because he is not successful enough.

If they got what they want like they did with the Mourinho’s or the potential Conte like manager - do they think we would go after a Sancho? Seems like a player that makes a lot of the United fans happy.
Really hard to understand quite what point is being made here. Not everything has to be about Ole IN/OUT.

Steven-UK

With a view like this you should be made a permanent newbie.
Have you ever even been to Old Trafford? And as for a 'permanent newbie', who gives a feck. I post as I see it, not to generate silly points. This is an internet forum, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things, especially when so many on here are totally deluded.

Shimo

Hopefully they will be somewhat fluid in the way they play. There was that one bit towards the end of England / Czech game where Rashford came off the left and then went ahead and combined well with Sancho on the right. Would like to see more of that so that we can create overloads which we don't do enough of IMO and also make it harder for defenses to keep track of players.

In general though yes, Rashford on the left and Sancho on the right. Rashford also has shown he combines really well with Shaw and that should not be disrupted and Martial also is better on the left who also combines well with Shaw.

On the right Sancho who likes to come in on the inside or just take players on will leave room for AWB or possibly Trippier. However, AWB really needs to now kick on with his delivery.

Rob Bowman

This is very exciting and you are not even listing Lingard... :drool:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
All of this site's emojis are fantastic. Which contributes significantly to its quality. The one you used is no exception, you should know better than to badmouth it.
The emoji looks like a dribbling eejit and subsequently makes anyone using it appear to be a dribbling eejit.

On this matter, I will succumb to being a dribbling eejit.

RUCK4444

Nothing strange about it. There are no new developments to report. But reporters need to post something or other.
No the wording, using double negatives and odd structured wording, makes you read it twice before you figure out he’s saying absolutely nothing.

bosskeano

Rashford will be benched and Sancho will take the left wing with Amad on right.
honestly based on form, marcus needs a kick up the back side and a threat to have his position taken from him.

HOWEVER....Sancho is coming in to play on the right with Rashford and James oh the left and Cavani or Greenwood playing the striker position.

Who knows what will happen with martial but it seems like he won't be sold which would give us finally some depth in the attack once you include the young lads like Amad and Elanga/Shoretire.

A front three of Rashford, Cavani/Greenwood and Sancho will be every bit as formidable as the Liverpool or City attacking players.

TrustInOle

He is going to add so much more to our creativity going forward and I feel Rashford will benefit from having a creator on the other side of the pitch who can also stretch the defence. Excited for him to come!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
honestly based on form, marcus needs a kick up the back side and a threat to have his position taken from him.

HOWEVER....Sancho is coming in to play on the right with Rashford and James oh the left and Cavani or Greenwood playing the striker position.

Who knows what will happen with martial but it seems like he won't be sold which would give us finally some depth in the attack once you include the young lads like Amad and Elanga/Shoretire.

A front three of Rashford, Cavani/Greenwood and Sancho will be every bit as formidable as the Liverpool or City attacking players.
I'd still have Salah, Mane, Jota/Firmino over our front 3 despite their lesser season. However we're getting close.

Status
Not open for further replies.