Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Officially announced on Tuesday night after England get papped out of the Euros by the Germans? :D

Last edited:

Joseunited

Won’t be announced before Wednesday. He can’t be seen as being distracted by this while representing England at the Euros (many English fans really care about this kind of thing).
It's been going on for a year.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Never looked that good when I've watched him. Numbers are very good though. Then again so were Mkhitaryan's and Kagawa's. Hopefully it's third time lucky. Should help that he's English.

buchansleftleg

I'm not normally that bothered about England games but this is how I would like it to go on Tuesday. Germany get an early bonus of a goal from a set piece. Sancho has once again been left on the bench by Southgate. England barely rouse from their slumbers towards the end of the first half and finally mount some pressure...but they are caught with a sucker punch.

It's 2-0 to Germany... Die Mannschaft are in total control... Football isn't going anywhere near home. the Half-time whistle goes and a febrile crowd start to call for Southgates job.

Southgate is cornered...a quivering wreck....he puts on Sancho for the start of the second half.... Cries of "Too Late!" ..."Not worth the money" and "Dortmund players often flatter to deceive" can be heard as Sancho trots onto the pitch.

Sancho smiles at the German Left back...he knows he has the measure of him....a quick through ball...a jink and he is through, cutting in from the right to sweep the ball into the far corner with his left foot.
2-1 - Consolation for England maybe...

We know Germany don't throw away....what's that....another break on the right...he beats one then a second German defender to then produce a subtle lob with his right foot over the flailing keeper.
2-2...

Tension mounts....chances on either side are missed until Rashford breaks on the left and crosses for Sancho to head home the winner.....and....what's he doing....he's sprinting towards the England bench....sliding in front of the Manager and ripping off his England top to reveal....a Manchester United Shirt....with the number 7 on the back.....but as he is covered with his adoring teammates I can just makeout that Sancho is not the name on the back of the shirt.....it says...."Ole's at the wheel"

The crowd goes wild....and a new hero is born!

So yeah - that would be good!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
£73m for a G/A machine who has only just turned 21. What a signing this will be, man.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
80m will be great business. He'll actually be cheaper than Pogba if true. In the current market this will be a great job for the board and hopefully those who keep on saying the board doesn't back the manager take a rest for a little bit.
Don't see why you would want the pressure off the club personally. They've signed our big target from last year. A lot more investment is still needed. The people in power at the club tried to absolutely feck our heritage, one marquee signing isn't nearly enough in reparations for what they tried to do.

Infestissumam

he's the real deal. In contrast to Mikhi, he's delivered at Dortmund for three straight years and he's been their best player week in, week out. Mikhi never was all that, in all honesty ... Sancho's on a completely different level.

Kagawa, I still feel he was unlucky. Van Persie all of a sudden became available, then Fergie retired and Moyes was firmly on the Rooney train. Things could have easily gone completely different for Shinji at United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never looked that good when I've watched him. Numbers are very good though. Then again so were Mkhitaryan's and Kagawa's. Hopefully it's third time lucky. Should help that he's English.
On the contrary, Haaland struggled to score with Sancho not in the team, the moment he returned he started banging them in again.

Sancho is one of the best assisters in world football right now. If we use him correctly he and Bruno could get Cavani 30 goals this season.

TrustInOle

Depends how far England go and how much rest we want players to have in the summer. Could start the season with Martial, Greenwood and Amad in attack against Leeds, for example.
I wouldn't be against that, this could be the crunch season for Martial, hope he starts the season firing.

sillwuka

Obviously I hope he succeeds but I have my doubts.

Worst case scenario - he flops but will still have a high sell on value due to his age.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If it’s 73 million then the board have done brilliantly!
If that's the final price then it would be a brilliant business. 73 million for one of the best wingers is very good deal for us.

I think we will see different numbers once the deal is done.

CM

Good price. A talent like Sancho for less than we bought Maguire for is great business.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I’m really sorry to say it mate but it is. That’s what you look like.
Horsechoker right now:

One of the best things that ever happened regarding Barry is Benitez thinking he was the answer to Liverpool’s midfield and in turn alienating Alonso so he left.

If Barry is the answer than I don’t want to know the question
:lol:

Who did Janine kill?

Knightmare7

I'll admit that my stupid opinions are typically due to not following football outside of United very closely... but...

If Sancho isn't a starter in an absolutely shit England side, how can he be worth £80m?
Can we just start auto-banning anyone who says this? I’m sorry but I’m tired of hearing people on here regurgitating the same garbage daily. For the one millionth time:

1) Southgate is Southgate. Do we really care about his personnel decisions
2) Never judge a player based on international play
3) Never judge a player based on international play
4) Never judge a player based on international play

Widow

Will the announcement come before the England game on Tuesday? I'm not so sure as our PR team will want to flood the internet with promotional images etc...

It could be a long weekend!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Will the announcement come before the England game on Tuesday? I'm not so sure as our PR team will want to flood the internet with promotional images etc...

It could be a long weekend!
Why??
They could just put out the usual message that we've agreed a deal subject to personal terms and medical.

Status
Not open for further replies.