Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I'd like to think we won't squabble over a few million this time, especially with the general atmosphere around the Glazers, and the fact it seems like even more eyes are on how we conduct ourselves this summer.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't mind if negotiations for a deal like this drag on. I get people might prefer we just pay up to get it done but with millions on the line I can understand why they want to get the best possible deal.

What irks is when we can't seem to get any deal done quickly. If this does drag on that shouldn't mean we can't press on with other signings for other positions.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't mind if negotiations for a deal like this drag on. I get people might prefer we just pay up to get it done but with millions on the line I can understand why they want to get the best possible deal.

What irks is when we can't seem to get any deal done quickly. If this does drag on that shouldn't mean we can't press on with other signings for other positions.
I might be being a hopeful harry, but I think we're hearing enough to suggest we're actually working on a few things at once this time.

Tis still the jolly fun period of the window, full of hope and optimism.

redshaw

Yes I think the silly Bayern fan was trolling. We didn't feck up the deal in not getting Sancho signed for 120 million euro and if we don't sign him again for 100 million euro it will be simply we won't pay such figures and nor will anyone else.

Much of the saga last season was media driven. Of course United hoped Dortmund would take up the offer but they said early no negotiation. Since no-one decided to pay the 120 million euro all we can do is offer the best we can at the time and they can refuse. They could well refuse again and simply our max offer/valuation is not high enough. Most times negotiation is possible but Dortmund want a lot of the high fee upfront and this might only be possible during these times for PSG etc.

Sane eventually went for around 40 million to Bayern with a year left. City wanted a huge fee when he had 2-3 years left that Bayern were simply not going to pay. They chased him for a number of years and eventually got him. Depends what other targets you have before saying it's a huge failure to not look elsewhere.

laughtersassassin

That's the problem for us it always influences the rest of our summer.

I suspect it's because our funds can never stretch.

Moiraine

He has contract with BVB til 2022 ?
This shouldn’t be more than 50£ to be honest, Sancho has to come forward and tell Dortmund that he will leave for free next year!

BorisManUtd

He has contract with BVB til 2022 ?
This shouldn’t be more than 50£ to be honest, Sancho has to come forward and tell Dortmund that he will leave for free next year!
2023 actually. 85-90M euros should be enough.

Infestissumam

in all honesty, I think anything under €100m is a bargain for him in the long run, even in this market. People who don't watch Bundesliga regularly might not understand how good this kid is, but this signing would instantly improve us by a mile. Get it done.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
in all honesty, I think anything under €100m is a bargain for him in the long run, even in this market. People who don't watch Bundesliga regularly might not understand how good this kid is, but this signing would instantly improve us by a mile. Get it done.
I think the price quoted last season was fair, as is this one, given his current ability, age and potential. However, paying everything upfront is a huge mission with regards to the rest of our transfer business.

Hopefully they will accept some sort of an installment plan.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I interact with BVB fans on twitter. They all tell me he's one of their best journalists
I don't need to interact with them on twitter. I know a lot of Dortmund fans and know the German sports media in general. Don't think this is a reliable source, but everyone can decide for themselves.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Fair but I don't think you can look at signings in a vacuum. I'd be very concerned if we chase Sancho all summer again and missed out.

The fact City Chelsea and Liverpool added players to their starting 11 last summer and we didn't was not a good look.

We will need to make up for that this summer for sure.
Ofcourse mate but that's a while different discussion. We are incompetent in the market and the whole world knows it.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I for one am shocked to see a german poster boohooing positive news on this transfer.
Trust me I'm absolutely desperate for this transfer to happen. Would have easily paid the 120m€ for him last summer. Sancho is a special talent that we can't afford to miss out on.

Bertie 2 Hats

I thought that Dortmund and Sancho had a 'gentleman's agreement' in place that would allow him to join United depending on both club's agreeing on the transfer fee.. whatever that maybe.. I'd guess between £70 million & £80 million.. Hopefully i think we'll pay out closer to the £70 million mark.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I interact with BVB fans on twitter. They all tell me he's one of their best journalists
Sport1 don't know shit, I am rather curious which Dortmund supporters consider that dude a reliable source. The article reads like pure guesswork.
Disclaimer: I fully expect Sancho to move to Manchester.

The call has gone out
You called?

NWRed

Just weird to be back in for him, spending the majority of our budget on a player who's unproven in the Prem and when we have Diallo, Greenwood and Rashford to play there and also when we have huge weaknesses in defensive midfield and central defence just seems like a continuation of the squad mismanagement problems of the last decade.

(given my track record with these predictions going back to Andy Cole he'll probably win the Ballon D'or within a couple of years)

Bratt

Chooo choo the Sancho train is speeding up. It's simply a matter of time. When not if. Dealio to be done.
I’m on it.
Sitting comfortably with a beer in my hand ready for the ride.
Choo choo!

RkkMan

Sport1 don't know shit, I am rather curious which Dortmund supporters consider that dude a reliable source. The article reads like pure guesswork.
Disclaimer: I fully expect Sancho to move to Manchester.

You called?
Not Sport 1 but the journalist I've genuinely been told by several BVB fans on twitter Patrick is reliable but hey ho. Some of our own fans here still bash our most reliable correspondents

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What's Dortmund's deadline this time, or is that not publicly known yet?

TheReligion

Abusive
Just weird to be back in for him, spending the majority of our budget on a player who's unproven in the Prem and when we have Diallo, Greenwood and Rashford to play there and also when we have huge weaknesses in defensive midfield and central defence just seems like a continuation of the squad mismanagement problems of the last decade.

(given my track record with these predictions going back to Andy Cole he'll probably win the Ballon D'or within a couple of years)
What's our budget?

Bratt

The scandinavian supporters club has a long article today (behind a paywall) where they say they have checked with their sources in Manchester about the latest rumours about Sancho deal getting closer.
They say that every report back is that the rumours are worth believing. The deal is closer than ever before.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's Dortmund's deadline this time, or is that not publicly known yet?
think they said end of euros. if we’ve now opened official talks then there should be no reason it’s not completed by then if we’re genuinely serious.

Acquire Me

The scandinavian supporters club has a long article today (behind a paywall) where they say they have checked with their sources in Manchester about the latest rumours about Sancho deal getting closer.
They say that every report back is that the rumours are worth believing. The deal is closer than ever before.
It is going to happen this time. I do not feel for the sad Germans.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's definitely going to happen this time IMO. Just hopefully gets sorted quickly so we can move on to other targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.