Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Özil already tweeted about Istanbul two days prior to this report and the move broke a day earlier in Turkey. But I'd suggest we end this discussion here and both hope the deal will happen as soon as possible. :)

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I’d really rather we didn’t negotiate and got this done today rather than next week, even if it costs us £10m more
Exactly. It’s almost inevitable that we fanny about over a few million, he then has an incredible Euros and Dortmund want €20 million more.

Just stop farting about and get it done now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Exactly. It’s almost inevitable that we fanny about over a few million, he then has an incredible Euros and Dortmund want €20 million more.

Just stop farting about and get it done now.
Oh right I was actually mocking people like you

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
A fee around £70m while expensive would be worth it for someone who now has 3 seasons of consistency in decision making and creativity. The depth this will add to our attacking options and the flexibility to rest key players and still have a top class XI is something I can’t help but get excited about.

Muppet mode engaged.

PeterWunited

No one knows what the fee being quoted is likely to be. You cannot blame United for playing a longer game. Prices being quoted for all player's at the present time are still crazy. The later in the transfer window and price's will drop.
Also you have to bear in mind that on top of transfer fees you have at least 20 percent additional costs. So Sancho at £77M is nearer to £95M.

theklr

Must say it really is fortunate that him and City fell out, otherwise they would be so in for him now. And ofcourse that Pool are stingy, RM / Barca broke and Chelsea buying other players.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Sorry but doesn't he have only 2 years left on his contract now? 80 million pounds quoted here seems a bit steep for him, post covid 60+10-15 mil in add-ons would sound about right but they are risking selling him for half the price they are asking now or they must be confident to get him sign a new contract. But whetaver just sign him up. The question is always if we have enough funds to fix our way bigger issue CB and upgrade on McT/alternate to Fred in CM.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sorry but doesn't he have only 2 years left on his contract now? 80 million pounds quoted here seems a bit steep for him, post covid 60+10-15 mil in add-ons would sound about right but they are risking selling him for half the price they are asking now or they must be confident to get him sign a new contract. But whetaver just sign him up. The question is always if we have enough funds to fix our way bigger issue CB and upgrade on McT/alternate to Fred in CM.
It's £77m that's been quoted which is basically the exact same figure you've arrived at.

Infestissumam

Sancho is easily worth the fee. I get that people are hesitating to invest that kind of fee especially in this market and with other pressing needs, but on the other hand, we'd add a young impact player in a position of need. And let's be honest, I'd rather splash €90m on an impact player than buy a player for €40m and not use him ...

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Ronaldo cost us £12m, is Sancho really worth 8 Ronaldos?
Good point. Let's buy 8 Ronaldo's instead.

We could sell 7 in a couple of years for £560m. Keep one to compete with the other 7 for Ballon D'OR.

TheReligion

Abusive
Sure boss. I'll offer him a 400k a week contract that increases by 20% every year for the next 5 years. I think it's good value.
That's my boy. You're getting the hang of this. Have a look if you can finalise the Kroos deal too if you can. I've been playing the long game with that one.

God Speed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

From that Norwegian journo who's close to Ole
He turned out to be a bit of a spoofer last summer, he's fine for non-transfer related bits and pieces.

Lemansky

Does everyone just assume he's close to Ole because he's Norwegian? Or do we have actual proof Ole is his main source?
Actual proof. They got known years ago in Oles football school here in Norway.

He also gets pretty exclusive interviews from
him. If he gets briefed on these kind of transfers from Ole would be unlikely tough.

Judas

Open to offers
Does everyone just assume he's close to Ole because he's Norwegian? Or do we have actual proof Ole is his main source?
They take baths together, braid each others hair, ride a tandem in the summer time, sleepovers, pillow fights, laugh together, cry together, they mean the world to each other, there's nothing they wouldn't tell each other. So you could say they're pretty pretty pretty close.

RedDevilRoshi

Just hope we get this deal all tied up very soon now. Pay the transfer fee and move onto the next transfer target whoever that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.