Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

red thru&thru

Holding onto Sancho worked out quite well for the money men at both clubs, and for the footballing division of BVB.

Without Sancho, BVB probably wouldn't have got CL football this year coming. Would have cost BVB a bit, I'm guessing more than the difference we would have paid them last year.

If we had Sancho last year, we definitely would have had a trophy, and I believe got closer to the title.

Rhetorik

Now we get multiple Sancho days :devil:. Fabrizio here we go, official announcement and debut!

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Nice one, seem to be finally true. A potential future front three of Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood seems like a mouthwatering prospect.

Green Arrow

I guess waiting for a year has saved us money and we got Sancho for a great price. This will also tell other clubs now that we won't be messing around this year and want to get deals done quickly.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Holding onto Sancho worked out quite well for the money men at both clubs, and for the footballing division of BVB.

Without Sancho, BVB probably wouldn't have got CL football this year coming. Would have cost BVB a bit, I'm guessing more than the difference we would have paid them last year.

If we had Sancho last year, we definitely would have had a trophy, and I believe got closer to the title.
Yea, Dortmund knew that the transfer fee would fall this season and therefore were willing to take a smaller fee for having his services for one more year. And he certainly returned that value with the UCL qualification and more importantly winning the DFB cup.

They would also have been less prepared to replace him last season but with transfer being sealed early they will have more time.

Last edited:

redshaw

Just a Sancho day
Drink sangria in the park
And then later, when it gets dark
We go home

Just a Sancho day
Feed animals in the caf
Then later a montage or two
And then home

Oh, it's such a Sancho day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a Sancho day
You just keep me hanging on

Just a Sancho day
Problems all left alone
Weekenders on our own
It's such fun

Just a Sancho day
You made me forget myself
I thought I was someone else
Someone good

Oh, it's such a Sancho day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a Sancho day
See "Lou Reed Perfect Day" for how it goes.

Andy_Cole

I guess waiting for a year has saved us money and we got Sancho for a great price. This will also tell other clubs now that we won't be messing around this year and want to get deals done quickly.
I think it was a big statement that we’re not here to be taken for a ride anymore.

UncleBob

Hard to say for sure because payment structures & salaries are a factor, not to mention the risk factor of future income around covid. But at the end of the day the difference in price between what we paid this summer and last summer is less than what we paid for VDB.
There's a pretty vast fecking difference between 5 installments and a large chunk of money, which was what they were after last summer

Idxomer

Pogba rarely plays in midfield, and when he does, we are horribly unbalanced. We've replaced him with Bruno as an attacking midfielder and then his added creativity and build up that he provided out wide has now been replaced by Sancho. So yeah...in the 4231 that Ole plays, with Rashford/Greenwood and Sancho wide, Bruno as the 10, Pogba just doesn't work in midfield.
Sorry but I don't think you know what rarely means.

Have the BBC ever wrongly called a big transfer like this? Once they publish it's as good as done.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
2 is wrong. Most of his best football at Dortmund was on the right. When Hakimi left he struggled a bit more there so shifted flanks. I think the key point is that rather than a particular flank which doesnt seem to be an issue for him, what he actually needs is a technically gifted full back to get the best out of him. Hes a player who makes a lot of touches and passes, unlike someone like Rashford who wants the ball in behind to chase. Thats probably why we're supposedly after Trippier now. AWB wont be a good enough foil for Sancho technically imo.
Indeed. It's a big concern that AWB is flanking unless he steps up to the plate and improves his whole game because whoever our full-back is has the potential to be a secret weapon with the amount of chances they'll get to supply if they're good enough in combination plays and with their crossing.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yea, Dortmund knew that the transfer fee would fall this season and therefore were willing to take a smaller fee for having his services for one more year. And he certainly returned that value with the UCL qualification and more importantly winning the DFB cup.

They would also have been less prepared to replace him last season but with transfer being sealed early they will have more time.
Or what they wanted last year was ridiculous, refused to budge into the realms of reality. Suffered at the start of the season with an unhappy player. Finished where they should with or without Sancho and had to be far more realistic this year with their demands. Also they have been strangely quiet throughout this summer, when last year they wouldn’t shut up.

cyberman

No they didn't. Thats rewriting history. We were constantly told that many top sides would be in for him this summer and they would get their 120m.

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Congratulations for one of the best players I have ever seen at BVB. For this price, it is a steal, but Corona takes its toll, I guess. I am really happy that he went to United instead of PSG or City. Treat him well or we will come for you ;)
There is no way for BVB to close the gap that he leaves behind, he is that good. I will watch your games more often just to see him play.

Good luck and show Manchester City how it is done. With your team now, everything is possible.

Reactions: Raoul

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Great deal for all parties. Can we now stop all this dick swinging about who was or wasn’t budging?

Yeah, quite regularly. I'd say this is probs only 96% done... :p
the BBC is factually correct (as much as can be) with their transfer announcements.

The transfer could still fail to complete. Sancho could fail his medical or change his mind.

but we have agreed a fee with Dortmund - that’s what they have reported.

kirk buttercup

Congratulations for one of the best players I have ever seen at BVB. For this price, it is a steal, but Corona takes its toll, I guess. I am really happy that he went to United instead of PSG or City. Treat him well or we will come for you ;)
There is no way for BVB to close the gap that he leaves behind, he is that good. I will watch your games more often just to see him play.

Good luck and show Manchester City how it is done. With your team now, everything is possible.
Nicely said .

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Thanks buddy!

Dunkelheit

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Or what they wanted last year was ridiculous, refused to budge into the realms of reality. Suffered at the start of the season with an unhappy player. Finished where they should with or without Sancho and had to be far more realistic this year with their demands. Also they have been strangely quiet throughout this summer, when last year they wouldn’t shut up.
Why so hostile? Can you imagine that BVB did not want to let Sancho go last year? Sancho helped a lot with the CL qualification this year, this alone is worth a lot more than the difference to last year. The soccer world changed as well, look at the other transfers this year, nothing big above 30 Mio € yet (with the exception of Sancho of course), Barcelona in shambles, Bayern even with a lot of money is not doing anything big, Mbappe leaves PSG without even a fee, you can't compare pre Corona with Corona, because I can assure you that 5 years earlier we would have gotten the 120 Mio.

Anyway, good luck with him, don't treat BVB as hostile, because they want a lot of money for their star player. Which team wouldn't?

Reactions: Fortitude

Vaibhav Raj

Folks over on Dortmund forums are gutted about losing him and do not seem content with the fee they're getting for Sancho despite it being so high. Really underlines how much of a high regard Sancho is held in by those who watch him constantly. There is every reason to be optimistic about this transfer. :devil:

3vra

Ok so i’ve packed my tent and all the staff from that thread and i am waiting at the next train station to jump on the next muppet train, hopefully from France…

My girlfriend said that we should travel more…

-i do not know about you but i’ve been living in a train for a year baby, what more can i do ?

choooooo choooooo

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ok so i’ve packed my tent and all the staff from that thread and i am waiting at the next train station to jump on the next muppet train, hopefully from France…

My girlfriend said that we should travel more…

-i do not know about you but i’ve been living in a train for a year baby, what more can i do ?

choooooo choooooo
Does sound like living in a train has had an adverse affect

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

When can we have Haaland too?

Status
Not open for further replies.