Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Never going to happen, given the price he'll command. You better grab him before City or Chelsea do because I doubt any other clubs bar PSG will be able to afford him.
He has like 65m release clause next year?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
He has like 65m release clause?
Wages. He can pretty much dictate what he wants to earn. No way Bayern pays him more than what Neuer and Lewandowski are on, so that rules us out. Not to mention Raiola's cut.

Ralph1386

Strong title challenge and a domestic trophy at the absolute minimum. Plus a good showing in the CL.
Sancho alone will not provide those. Even if we had him this season, our title challenge wouldn’t have lasted. We need a proper CB and DM to have any chance at a title challenge.

pseudo_canadian

Which one will play on the left? Both Rash and Sancho prefer that flank. Who do you see playing through the middle when Cavani doesn’t play?

Nice conundrum and will need some good management
I would want to see Sancho on the left and Greenwood on the right. Cavani in the middle, with Rashford coming off the bench.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Like Sane bad, or...?
Ouch... :(
For what it's worth, I always had an inkling that Sané would suck for us.
To clarify: I don't even think Sancho will be horrible for you, but after what happened with Kagawa and Mkhi the hate threads will pop up fast if he dares to not play amazing football from the get go.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
To clarify: I don't even think Sancho will be horrible for you, but after what happened with Kagawa and Mkhi the hate threads will pop up fast if he dares to not play amazing football from the get go.
Tbf most Dortmund fans here have given their take on this and most of them agree that Sancho should be nothing like Kagawa or Mkhitarian based on performances. The latter were simply system players that thrived in the Dortmund setup. Most even claimed that Mkhi was a confidence player and you know how that goes when you're managed by Jose. He couldn't do it at Arsenal as well so maybe he just wasn't that good at all to begin with.

Wayne's World

Looking forward to seeing who Dortmund get to replace him because they usually end up buying another talent for peanuts who turns out to be just as good as the replacement :lol:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Tbf most Dortmund fans here have given their take on this and most of them agree that Sancho should be nothing like Kagawa or Mkhitarian based on performances. The latter were simply system players that thrived in the Dortmund setup. Most even claimed that Mkhi was a confidence player and you know how that goes when you're managed by Jose. He couldn't do it at Arsenal as well so maybe he just wasn't that good at all to begin with.
True, but the Caf is a fickle beast. That's why most of us non United people are here, I guess. :D

Devil may care

Fee agreed so one step from the official announcement, I wonder if we'll mail Sancho a shirt to hold up in the England camp.

BarstoolProphet

Because he can pretty much choose any club in the world and we haven't won a trophy since 2017 and the league title for a decade
That is true, but if you look at it from a more positive side we also have:

- OGS who he is very close to (OGS' job wasn't remotely safe when we tried to sign him the January he went to Dortmund) and they are in regular contact as per reports in Norwegian media
- OGS is also close with his father (they both played together for the NT and spoke a lot together regarding signing Haaland for Molde and develop him from there)
- An existing relationship with Raiola, even if it means silently accepting his public outbursts
- The money to pay a release clause
- The budget to match most if not all clubs on salary
- The biggest club in his dream league (born in England and for most Norwegians see the Premier League as the pinnacle of league football)
- A young and highly talented squad which will now include his best buddy and main assister in Dortmund

A big reason for the lack of noise around Haaland to United this summer is probably because OGS and the club knows his situation very well directly and with Cavani signing for one more season the immediate need for a top striker isn't that pressuring. Personally I still see City as the biggest rivals to his signature so won't have high hopes for signing him next summer unless City end up going for Kane this summer.

Nick7

Kagawa wasn’t even that bad. Some good signs at the end of his first season. Mostly unlucky we signed RVP then and his position was no longer used in the team.

podurban2

Kagawa received a lot of love from the fans. Mkhi always felt alienated and having Raiola by his side didn’t really help his image. Also he wasn’t a youngster when he joined, he was 27 years old and supposed to be in his prime.

Sancho is English, younger, better, and has a good image. It won’t be the same.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Dortmund have just officially announced it to their shareholders - so this is DONE DEALIO :D

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Supposedly BVB are holding a press conference right now and announcing the deal? :devil:
"well done Manchester United, you've won, I hope you enjoy Jadon Sancho and use him to get some lessons in grace and decorum because you've got all the grace of a reversing dump truck with no tyres"

Mike Smalling

So what will be our best line-up for the front six going forward? There are certainly lots of different opportunities:

For weaker / deeper-playing teams it could be:

McT/Fred - Pogba
Greenwood - Fernandes - Sancho
Cavani

For better teams and more open games we could go:

Fred - McT
Sancho - Fernandes - Pogba
Rashford

Will be interesting to see what Ole comes up with!

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Which one will play on the left? Both Rash and Sancho prefer that flank. Who do you see playing through the middle when Cavani doesn’t play?

Nice conundrum and will need some good management
Think it will be Rashford on the left, Greenwood middle and Sancho right, but since all of them can play multiple positions it won't be fixed formation but interchanging one.

Cavani is great role model for Mason and from their interaction it seems they really like each other with Mason learning from Edison so can see Greenwood being first substitute for both Sancho and Cavani.

Also, depending on injuries, rest, suspensions etc. we can play them anywhere across forward line- it's really nice 'problem' for Ole!

L1nk

Kagawa wasn’t even that bad. Some good signs at the end of his first season. Mostly unlucky we signed RVP then and his position was no longer used in the team.
Kagawa got a bad rap but he was a quality player, I just don't know why we signed him if we weren't willing to adapt our tactics to the way he played, he was pretty much a number 10, yet we shunted him to play winger majority of the time and was not the kind of winger United typically deployed under Sir Alex, all in all it was a bit of a weird transfer

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Barca threw about £130m at Dortmund for Dembele about 5 years ago, so I suppose it stands to reason that they might have done the same if this version of Sancho was available instead back then.
It was 4 years ago, they signed him in 2017 and this is 2021.

5 years ago was the summer we signed Pogba.

El Zoido

Apparently we’re paying BVB just under £15m per year over five seasons (length of his contract). No addons.

That’s an incredible deal if true.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So what will be our best line-up for the front six going forward? There are certainly lots of different opportunities:

For weaker / deeper-playing teams it could be:

McT/Fred - Pogba
Greenwood - Fernandes - Sancho
Cavani

For better teams and more open games we could go:

Fred - McT
Sancho - Fernandes - Pogba
Rashford

Will be interesting to see what Ole comes up with!
Team should be...

---------------Henderson---------------
AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
-------Pogba----------Fred-------
Sancho---Fernandes---Rashford
-----------------Cavani-----------------

Need that CB to upgrade on Lindelof though

Nick7

Kagawa got a bad rap but he was a quality player, I just don't know why we signed him if we weren't willing to adapt our tactics to the way he played, he was pretty much a number 10, yet we shunted him to play winger majority of the time and was not the kind of winger United typically deployed under Sir Alex, all in all it was a bit of a weird transfer
As far as I remember, he played mostly as an attacking midfielder in his first season with occasional wide appearances. He had a bad injury in his first season too, where he lost a few months.

But when RVP came in that position was essentially gone with Rooney and RVP in the team. He was just unfortunate that such a great transfer hurt his options in the team.

UncleBob

Fergie signed him, had plans for him, Van Persie suddenly became an realistic option and that changed Fergies plans.

IncyWincySpider

Great news and a decent price, which bodes well for future transfer negotiations.

I think he will settle into the team quickly and link up well with our other forwards. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.