Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can't wait for the rivers of salt once Sancho underperformes and the Caf starts cursing out Dortmund for fleecing them yet again.
Anyone can look great in that one team league in fairness.

Hopefully he is actually great though.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Hands up from a City fan.

He’ll be a great addition to your squad, it’s the type of signing that‘ll take you to the next level.

Infestissumam

Somehow this sentence doesn't sound right

Surely it must be "and " instead of "but".
just watched Watzkes presser, it's just a bit of a mistranslation. He pretty much said: "the main thing is not that we are happy about the money, but that we are sad about him leaving".

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He has played mostly in mid :confused: We played him to the left when Rashford was knackered and we tried something different for a little bit.
We played him on the left because we couldn't find balance with him deeper. His 2 best runs of form came as a 10 or on the left for us. I think it's pretty clear Ole doesn't like using him deeper unless he has to. He is ok at it, but it unbalanced us and very clearly Ole liked having 2 players behind him.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

bosnian_red

Replaced him with who? Moved on to who?
Bruno and Sancho? Moved on by having a lineup that Pogba reallllllyyy doesn't fit into.
Cavani
Rashford Bruno Sancho​

Pogba doesn't work in midfield behind them. Simple as. We need 2 more defensively solid players behind wingers like that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pfft. If we don't get an Adebayoresque celebration on his first winning goal against City we should send him back

I despise City but that celebration was really funny.

bosnian_red

Sorry but I don't think you know what rarely means.
In a midfield 2 behind the front 4? This season he rarely played there. He was often on the left. When he did get moved deeper it was usually a sign of desperation from us. His best run of form for us came on the left too. Ole has long since showed that he really isn't keen on Pogba as part of the 2, and Pogba has repeatedly shown to be a liability in a midfield 2. He's a class player, but by signing Bruno and Sancho, we've moved on. It is impossible to get a balanced team with Pogba in a double pivot when our wingers are attackers who don't defend much like Sancho and Rashford. Impossible.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Strongest rumours seem to be Varane. Get him and a defensive midfielder and this window will be a huge success.
Henderson
AWB Varane Magure Shaw
DM (Camavinga?)
Bruno Pogba (?)
Sancho Cavani Rashford

You'd have one of the best starting elevens in Europe. I suppose next summer's main target will be a striker to replace Cavani.

Idxomer

In a midfield 2 behind the front 4? This season he rarely played there. He was often on the left. When he did get moved deeper it was usually a sign of desperation from us. His best run of form for us came on the left too. Ole has long since showed that he really isn't keen on Pogba as part of the 2, and Pogba has repeatedly shown to be a liability in a midfield 2. He's a class player, but by signing Bruno and Sancho, we've moved on. It is impossible to get a balanced team with Pogba in a double pivot when our wingers are attackers who don't defend much like Sancho and Rashford. Impossible.
Again, go through the fixtures last season. He only started playing less in a midfield 2 after his injury against Everton in the 2nd half of the season.

After coming back, he played more on the left but still had his share of games where he played in the middle.

Ekeke

£73m over 5 years of installments. Fixed fee with no add ons.

Pretty unbelievable deal really and doesn't have any major impact on our transfer budget. The club gets alot of stick but that's a cracking investment and a very United style signing.

Exciting stuff.
Gotta agree. Nobody has been more annoyed than me with some of our past deals and transfer fees. I thought it would be a good deal for us if we could keep it under £80 million and I was expecting at least 2 thirds of that fee up front, leaving not much to spend on the rest of the squad. While I'm happy to see all the people talking about paying £100 and £120 million for him be completely wrong and full of shit, it seems to be a better deal than I imagined we could get.

Grande

Hard to say for sure because payment structures & salaries are a factor, not to mention the risk factor of future income around covid. But at the end of the day the difference in price between what we paid this summer and last summer is less than what we paid for VDB.
Yes, but as you say payment structures and covid are factors. Last year, Dortmund wanted the lion’s part of 120m€ paid up front, and United’s finances where strained.. This year they want a lamb’s share of 90m€ paid immediately, and United’s finances are more sound.

At the end of that day, they asked us for, say 80m€ On the table that we didn’t have. At the end of this day, they ask for maybe 20m€ that we do have.

CG1010

Kagawa got a bad rap but he was a quality player, I just don't know why we signed him if we weren't willing to adapt our tactics to the way he played, he was pretty much a number 10, yet we shunted him to play winger majority of the time and was not the kind of winger United typically deployed under Sir Alex, all in all it was a bit of a weird transfer
SAF later confirmed (in his book?) that he had meant for Rooney to be sold off next season and create a partnership around Kagawa and RVP. Might have worked if Fergie had not retired.

bosnian_red

Again, go through the fixtures last season. He only started playing less in a midfield 2 after his injury against Everton in the 2nd half of the season.

After coming back, he played more on the left but still had his share of games where he played in the middle.
Rarely was probably the wrong word but in important games, we had pretty much stopped playing him there unless it was a necessity. Even for games against smaller teams we seemed to stop using him in the 2, if everyone was fit. My impression was that Ole just didn't want to use him there anymore, and now that we have Sancho, I really don't see Pogba working in a 2 behind those attackers, against all but teams who really just park the bus.

Grande

Just a Sancho day
Drink sangria in the park
And then later, when it gets dark
We go home

Just a Sancho day
Feed animals in the caf
Then later a montage or two
And then home

Oh, it's such a Sancho day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a Sancho day
You just keep me hanging on

Just a Sancho day
Problems all left alone
Weekenders on our own
It's such fun

Just a Sancho day
You made me forget myself
I thought I was someone else
Someone good

Oh, it's such a Sancho day
I'm glad I spent it with you
Oh, such a Sancho day
See "Lou Reed Perfect Day" for how it goes.
Nice!

Raw

Henderson
AWB Varane Magure Shaw
DM (Camavinga?)
Bruno Pogba (?)
Sancho Cavani Rashford

You'd have one of the best starting elevens in Europe. I suppose next summer's main target will be a striker to replace Cavani.
Yeah it looks very good, and it has decent squad depth too. No reason why we can't challenge for everything with this squad.

Flexdegea

Where is all the rabid German fans from last summer? Who where fans off other clubs who were in to defend Dortmund and tell us in a laughing arrogantway this ain't going to be happening, United a busted flush apparently :lol:

Rolaholic

Can't wait for the rivers of salt once Sancho underperformes and the Caf starts cursing out Dortmund for fleecing them yet again.
The only rivers of salt in here seem to be flowing from your eyes...

Would've thought Bayern would be glad to see their main rival selling arguably their best player but German footy fans are a strange lot though as we've found out over the last year or so :lol:

Must be some word sort of paternalism going on

The Firestarter

Where is all the rabid German fans from last summer? Who where fans off other clubs who were in to defend Dortmund and tell us in a laughing arrogantway this ain't going to be happening, United a busted flush apparently :lol:
I think the German contingent largely folded after the win on Tuesday :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Strange, do you feel some sort of rivalry between Bayern and United for some strange reason? Would have expected one to possibly exist with Dortmund, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.