g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You're underrating his technical ability. And you're overstating what Neymar had accomplished by age 20, having just turned 21. I don't really have a problem with anyone saying Neymar is more talented than Sancho. I just don't think you can compare their careers at similar ages and conclude Neymar being on another level. Just look at players like Hazard and Neymar. It's not like they just came to the PL and La Liga and automatically delivered the same output as their previous seasons. They too had to adjust and then took a leap thereafter.

There is no guarantee Sancho takes that leap. However, I don't find it reasonable to conclude he can't make that leap.

Sancho has always been an elite talent like Foden, and the seasons he has had is not unexpected unlike say Rashford who did not look the same caliber of talent at age 16-17.
Unbelievable talent. He’d be our best player

Bondi77

We played alot of games last season with James and Mata on the wings, we cannot afford to go into another season with no out and out RW.

The reason Rashford has had to play so many games, we don't have another winger with pace and output, getting sancho means we can rotate whilst not losing quality.
Sancho is not an “Out and out RW”
He can play on either wing and could probably do a job as a #10.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sign Sancho, stop Chelsea buying Haaland.

Now the deal has even more weight.

Joseunited

What time are we expecting the flurry of exciting tweets to start?I've got covid-19 and stuck in my bloody bedroom so could do with some good news.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What time are we expecting the flurry of exciting tweets to start?I've got covid-19 and stuck in my bloody bedroom so could do with some good news.
Soon. It’s going to be a very busy day with tweets:

Big Day Today

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Sorry to hear that mate, wishing you a speedy recovery. I reckon tomorrow or thursday could be the announcement we are all waiting for.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
It won't change things too much. Bruno will still give the ball away. Rashford will still trip over his own feet trying something dazzling. Pogba will still put it on a plate for the opposition strikers while attempting a sideways/backwards pass. AWB will continue to blister towards the byline before shitting himself and passing it back to midfield. Utd's centrebacks will keep looking like Rugby player's playing football. Even if Utd manage to sign Sancho it will only improve the team slightly.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It won't change things too much. Bruno will still give the ball away. Rashford will still trip over his own feet trying something dazzling. Pogba will still put it on a plate for the opposition strikers while attempting a sideways/backwards pass. AWB will continue to blister towards the byline before shitting himself and passing it back to midfield. Utd's centrebacks will keep looking like Rugby player's playing football. Even if Utd manage to sign Sancho it will only improve the team slightly.
Wow we must be awful, Christ knows how we finished second.

George the Cat

Says a Rangers fan.........

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
So the fact that we came second for you PROVES that we're bottle merchants?! Nice one pal.
Not the second place that Utd almost squandered. More the EL final, not burying Liverpool, the Istanbul miracle and getting a nose bleed at the top of the table.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not the second place that Utd almost squandered. More the EL final, not burying Liverpool, the Istanbul miracle and getting a nose bleed at the top of the table.
Least we’ve got some humour to lighten the place up.

OleBoiii

Nearly 50 pages in a week and still no sign of Sancho.

This can only mean one thing: you guys aren't posting enough! He's not gonna summon himself, is he!?

romufc

Sancho is not an “Out and out RW”
He can play on either wing and could probably do a job as a #10.
He is more suited to the RW than any of our players. Just because he can play other positions doesn't mean he isn't a RW.

Bwuk

Unless we agree fee with Dortmund today/tomorrow this won’t be done until after the euros.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Unless we agree fee with Dortmund today/tomorrow this won’t be done until after the euros.
Apparently we are planning for him to sign his contract just before he takes his penalty in the shootout against Germany in the semi-final and when he scores he will have a t-shirt that says ‘YOU LOVE TO SEE IT ZORC!”

Will be fantastic if true.

flappyjay

If we get a quality CM and CB, then a Kane or a Haaland would probably get ut the title instead of Sancho.
Not that i believe this will happend though.
Dortmund were finishing 5th, Haaland wasn't scoring until Sancho came back from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.