g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
What stage are we in this deal right now? I'm really confused, one minute you're reading here and it's we're all hopeful next minute it's all doom and gloom

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What stage are we in this deal right now? I'm really confused, one minute you're reading here and it's we're all hopeful next minute it's all doom and gloom
That's just RedCafe really.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What’s going on with this deal? Been rather quiet the past few days, Dortmund will accept 80 plus add ons so what’s the hold up? We offered around 80 last season didn’t we. I can honestly see us having another rubbish window and coming out with 1/2 players.

CH23

We are probably at the stage of "monitoring the situation". That can take weeks to do. After that there is "preparing the bid" which also takes weeks. The bid will probably submitted after all those weeks just before the end of the transfer window. Then Dortmund will reject it and United will be in panic and look for alternatives. All kinds of names will pop up, even championship players :devil:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Next couple of days will either be very big, or we've got quite a few small days a head I feel.
Take it one day at a time please, big day today.

mancsarered

Easy. Bottle merchants do better without fans.
Mate, you won a bad SPFL (by it's own standards) and couldn't even win a cup in the same campaign. "Bottle merchants" is something you're well versed in.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Kalvin Phillips on the Official England Podcast: "The first time I went into training... I remember just standing in the middle in awe of what I was seeing.
"The tempo and how good certain players were was just scary to be honest and I was thinking ‘what am I doing here?’ but once you settle down and relax you realise that it’s because you deserve it.

"I remember Jadon Sancho was unbelievable. He was just dribbling at players so he could go past them and he’s got amazing skill but it’s the same with so many players like Marcus Rashford, Jack Grealish and Bukayo Saka. Jude Bellingham now as well - for a 17 year old he’s unbelievable.”

I don’t think most on this forum realise how good he is yet.

Gandalf

What’s going on with this deal? Been rather quiet the past few days, Dortmund will accept 80 plus add ons so what’s the hold up? We offered around 80 last season didn’t we. I can honestly see us having another rubbish window and coming out with 1/2 players.
Always difficult to tell but parsing through the various legitimate sources the best guess seems to be that we are pretty much in agreement with Sancho and his agent around the personal side of things and there is no real disagreement over the fee. The haggling now is partially over the add ons and also more significantly the structure of the deal. Dortmund would like at the very least a large proportion of the fee up front whereas we want to spread the payments out over a longer period. COVID has impacted cash flow and so Dortmund understandably want as much up front as they can get and for similar reasons we would rather give them an IOU. Hopefully we don't dick around too much longer as we need to get on with securing our targets and not faff about into pre season as we usually do.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sign him before he'll start having 2nd thoughts.

With United's pace of dealing it'll probably like 4th on a deadline day.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
:lol: If he's been up for joining us since he was at City, I'd be surprised if now is the time for him to finally change his mind.
True. He doesn't seem the type of Di Maria, Memphis or even Sanchez... but he's been so professional and loyal to Dortmund, they should listen to him if he wants to go, out of pure respect he showed them.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We are probably at the stage of "monitoring the situation". That can take weeks to do. After that there is "preparing the bid" which also takes weeks. The bid will probably submitted after all those weeks just before the end of the transfer window. Then Dortmund will reject it and United will be in panic and look for alternatives. All kinds of names will pop up, even championship players :devil:
Are you saying there's noway we are getting him in summer? If that's the case we shouldn't dwell in this like we did last year, we should move and secure other position we are in need of quickly, i think we need an able CB partner for Harry Maguire, we need a Ball playing DM not to mention a back RB, if we can't get Sancho let's at least not fail to secure other positions.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Dortmund were finishing 5th, Haaland wasn't scoring until Sancho came back from injury.
Haaland had a dry patch, like all strikers . Getting Sancho back from injury helped yes, but it wasnt the only reason.

Last edited:

SATA

BVB and Zorc and the bloke Kehl haven’t come out to deny those Sancho out stories and that they aren’t selling and on whatever deadline blah blah blah unlike last year. Negotiations are surely taking place now and we just have to be patient once the agreement comes

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
BVB and Zorc and the bloke Kehl haven’t come out to deny those Sancho out stories and that they aren’t selling and on whatever deadline blah blah blah unlike last year. Negotiations are surely taking place now and we just have to be patient once the agreement comes
I get the feeling it is likely now. Reports suggest United is willing to pay around 94M € up front and up to 25M € in bonus. If that's the case and the player wants to move, the signing will go through.

Personally, I don't like it since I think it's the wrong direction for both the player and United but I'd say the probability of it happening was never as high as it is now based on the information available.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Another quiet day, what's that now 4 or 5 with very little update?

Sanchoff

laughtersassassin

Maybe I'm overly critical but it would strike me as insanely incompetent to be chasing the same player for the third time and not getting him or moving on years ago.

When we failed last summer surely we figured out if this would be easy or impossible this summer?

Surely we can't waste another entire summer on it again?

Get it done or move on. We need multiple additions to our first 11.

FatTails

Kalvin Phillips on the Official England Podcast: "The first time I went into training... I remember just standing in the middle in awe of what I was seeing.
"The tempo and how good certain players were was just scary to be honest and I was thinking ‘what am I doing here?’ but once you settle down and relax you realise that it’s because you deserve it.

"I remember Jadon Sancho was unbelievable. He was just dribbling at players so he could go past them and he’s got amazing skill but it’s the same with so many players like Marcus Rashford, Jack Grealish and Bukayo Saka. Jude Bellingham now as well - for a 17 year old he’s unbelievable.”

I don’t think most on this forum realise how good he is yet.
Hmmm

Flexdegea

Not the second place that Utd almost squandered. More the EL final, not burying Liverpool, the Istanbul miracle and getting a nose bleed at the top of the table.

Surely supporting Rangers is a banning in itself :lol:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
For God's sake, get it done in time for pre-season. Give Ole something to work with.
Even if he signed today he's not seeing Ole's face until after Euros, you get that right? And if England were to go all the way he'd have a 1-2 weeker after the Euros I'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.