Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosws87

They sold Pulisic for 60M € with 0.5 years on his contract. And Sancho made the difference for them between making UCL and UEL this season. That's easily 40M €. They're perfectly fine with keeping him another year and then sell him for 30M less. I doubt he would even be for sale if not for the gentlemen's agreement.
We will agree to disagree thats something united would do under woodwards stewardship not a well run club.

cyberman

Good grief the window hasn't even opened yet :lol: its the bloody Euros too. Honestly the muppets have even less patience than normal.
Its been 18 months of this though. If Dortmund are playing hardball again then what do we expect to change? Its a we dont want to sell price all over again.
Improve elsewhere and come in for him when they do want to sell. It seems like its all we can do

cyberman

We wasted one summer in the hope Dortmund would lower their price. It would be incompetence to do the same.

The second we weren't willing to sign Sancho last year we should have moved in and signed a CB or CDM since Ole clearly wanted us to have another run at singing him again.

The issue is now we need all 3 of a CB CDM and RW.

That could have been avoided if we didn't put literally all our eggs in the signing Sancho basket last year.

Considering we where dumb enough to do it last year I don't see why we wouldn't be dumb enough to do it again.
Cant see how Sancho had any bearing on other deals. By all accounts we were saving the Sancho money for Diallo and Pellestri who we would buy if we didnt need it for Jadon?
I think we are run like shit but i dont think we are that bad

justsomebloke

So Ole won't have something to work with whether it's completed before Euros, during Euros or just after Euros. Your post just didn't make much sense is all.
As far as I know, pre-season doesn't begin until July anyway. But okay. "For God's sake get it done before the point in time at which the players who played in the Euros join the team for pre-season."

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
We will agree to disagree thats something united would do under woodwards stewardship not a well run club.
Dortmund went even further with Lewandowski. Even if people here think they're a selling club, they actually try to win titles. And having Sancho and Haaland in their team for another season is their best chance of accomplishing that in the upcoming five years or so.

Same arguments as last year. People didn't want to believe it then, either, but it's the truth. He won't move for a penny less than what they are demanding now.

RedDevil@84

If true that's not happening. No way we will spend anywhere close to that amount. Nor should we. Go for Graelish instead
And Grealish is going to come for 70M or what? That train has passed. Villa don't need the money and Grealish has a contract till 2025.
Villa is not going to sell unless for silly money.

TommiHelm

We're not gonna get it done before the Euros. Then something will happen during the Euros to kill it. Either Sancho becoming the player of the tournament and City or someone else with to much money jumping in and hijacking it, or him breaking a leg and losing the next season all together. There is no way in hell this will have a happy ending for us. That's where I'm at in terms of positive thinking these days anyways.

RUCK4444

Sure, agreed on effective. And I don't think it's a problem to have quality in depth, it's of course much needed. I just think if it ends up being Greenwood and Sancho for the right wing, and Martial still slugging it out with Cavani for the spot up top, Amad will miss out on the playing time he definitely will need. So hopefully, if Sancho ends up coming, Greenwood will be deployed as a striker, with Amad getting minutes when Sancho is rested.

I'm in the same boat when it comes to the positions that need fixing, but then I look at our midfield and compare it to any great team now or before, and it's as clear as day that we need two midfielders. I think I'd go for a new midfield with passing ability and technical competence over any other position at the moment, even though we seriously need a centre back and another attacking player on the right.

Pogba doesn't fit there, Bruno won't fit there, Donny doesn't suit Ole's style at all, and McTominay and Fred are just way too limited to be first XI players in a side that dominates (and opens up defenses, playing at a high tempo).

This is all deja vu to last year. I doubt we get it done tbh.

I'm sure will brief to try make ourselves look good again

For the most part though I just see an incompetent club
to be fair they are still asking silly money aren’t they (if that article is true.)

Smacks of them wanting to still take us to the cleaners for a player who has even less time left on his contract.

RUCK4444

And Grealish is going to come for 70M or what? That train has passed. Villa don't need the money and Grealish has a contract till 2025.
Villa is not going to sell unless for silly money.
I see his point though, they are asking for a lot more than 70m for Sancho if the recent articles posted are to be believed.

The same sort of money makes Villa consider it, absolutely no doubt about that.

Bosws87

Dortmund went even further with Lewandowski. Even if people here think they're a selling club, they actually try to win titles. And having Sancho and Haaland in their team for another season is their best chance of accomplishing that in the upcoming five years or so.

Same arguments as last year. People didn't want to believe it then, either, but it's the truth. He won't move for a penny less than what they are demanding now.
From what i've read they low balled him with a contract renewal promised that they would sell him in the window, lied and then lost him for free.

Amazing how can you interpret the same situation depending on what side of the fence you sit

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Im bored by this. feck it, im all for waiting them out. Turn the screw next summer
Just don't let yourself get distracted by the daily nonsense, every outlet wants a say about this because they know they get clicks.
I'm sure the financial outlines of this will have been clear for a long time and tweets and tabloid reports don't change that.

Last summer BVB wanted ~120m, this summer it's ~100m, there will be some haggling about what's the structure and what part is addons etc and then it will happen somewhere around there. German media will write it's 100m € and English media will write it's 70m £, and both will have been briefed to omit the fine print.

It's the price of the player, and he's worth it. In a few years noone will bat an eyelash at the sum, it will seem like a steal.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How good is he? Not gonna lie every time I watch him he doesn’t look that good. Granted I don’t watch the Bundesliga. But even if he’s tearing up that league, is it even championship standard?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Everyone believing the negative news and ignoring all previous positive news again then?

The Purley King

Last summer BVB wanted ~120m, this summer it's ~100m, there will be some haggling about what's the structure and what part is addons etc and then it will happen somewhere around there. German media will write it's 100m € and English media will write it's 70m £, and both will have been briefed to omit the fine print.
I watched “the united way” the other week and fergie was talking about cantona.
He said he was bought for 900k (or maybe it was 1m) but Leeds said can you please tell the press it was 1.2 otherwise there would be a riot so I can definitely believe these things happen.

£85m all in is reasonable. Anything more and there has to be some negotiation

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Everyone believing the negative news and ignoring all previous positive news again then?
It's how it goes it seems. As soon as positive news comes out, it's rubbish, regardless who breaks it.

Negative news comes out, and people are all over it, even if it's from a crap source. That tweet reeks of something to keep the hype going due to what's been a few slow, newsless days

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Sancho is dynamite but I’d take Bellingham if Sancho stays put. He’s going to be properly good.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

If they actually tried to win titles top players wouldn't want to leave them though, would they? They are a club that buys young players for cheap and end up selling them for big amounts. They never really invest massively in the team to win titles. Yes I know they are lower on the food chain than Bayern but I don't see how they even try to compete though. Taking an example from Spain, Atletico are lower on the food chain than Real or Barca but when they sold Griezmann for 120 million, they invested nearly all of it to buy Felix. If Dortmund sell Sancho or Haaland for big money, will they try to buy an equivalent replacement?

No they will most likely go for someone younger and cheaper because that's their model and fair enough but you don't really win many titles with such a model though. They may or may not sell Sancho but I don't think that'll do anything to change the fact that they don't really go into a season with the sole ambition of winning it.

The biggest signings I remember them making recently are Brandt and Hazard, really talented players but nowhere near the players that'll win you titles. Haaland and Sancho are such players, but they too can't do it alone, you need a team full of elite talent to overhaul Bayern and for that you need to spend money, which I don't see Dortmund doing unless they sell Sancho or Haaland, in which case the cycle continues.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As far as I know, pre-season doesn't begin until July anyway. But okay. "For God's sake get it done before the point in time at which the players who played in the Euros join the team for pre-season."
All the more reason for it to be immaterial whether it completes now or after Euros.

marktan

Doubt it’d be enough to be honest.
I'd throw in the extra £20m or so that it'd require, he's noticeably better than Sancho.

£70m I can just about stomach for Sancho, but £100m? Be much better for us to wait and come back next summer when he only has a year left on his contract. We'll either get him for cheap then, or sign him for free if we wait until the following January.

Womp

idiot
No-one is spending close to that amount on Sancho with 2 years left on his contract, in this market. :lol: Dortmund will either negotiate or this deal will go the same way it did last summer. Completely understandable for a club to be reluctant to splash that kind of cash in the current financial climate

Status
Not open for further replies.