Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Same thing happens every summer with United. Alot of media statements / rumours about the players we will sign etc. The fans get excited, 2 months later its all doom and gloom.

Last summer started of with selling Sanchez, agreeing personal terms with Sancho and then it went downhill.

We have to remember this is still the incompetent board of United.

Sancho has been worked on for almost 18 months now, if they want this done it is a very simple deal to do.
I see you’re skipping the excitement and going straight for the doom and gloom approach.

Same thing happens every summer with United. Alot of media statements / rumours about the players we will sign etc. The fans get excited, 2 months later its all doom and gloom.

Last summer started of with selling Sanchez, agreeing personal terms with Sancho and then it went downhill.

Sancho has been worked on for almost 18 months now, if they want this done it is a very simple deal to do.
I don’t think it’s simple at all. Still need to agree a few with the club, and probably work on agents fees. It’s not just a case of pay what they want.

deffo not happening before the start of the euros. I’d be surprised to see any big deals for players involved in the euros to be done before the start.

krentz

All this talk of Sancho coming in to compete with Rashford as a LW makes me feel sick.

If I wanted a player to compete with Rashford then I’d go for grealish because they are two complete opposites in style.
Greenwood, Amad, and sancho could be our front 3 for the foreseeable future. All 3 of them are capable of playing in different positions across the front three, the opposition would have harder time dealing with 3 different players in 90 minutes as our attacking system becoming much more fluid and unpredictable (like in 07-08), No longer we have to deal with "I can only play my best football on the left and totally suck at anything else" players which have become our laten problem for years (Martial and Rashford).

romufc

I see you’re skipping the excitement and going straight for the doom and gloom approach.
Until I get proven otherwise, the saga was too much last year.

hats off to you though!

Thiagoal

I wonder what we are going to do here. Are we waiting until the Euro ends to make sure Sancho doesn't get serious injury or we are just going to make this quick before or during the Euro.

We are showing our interest since 2019 summer, Sancho knows very well which club and manager who want him more.
I doubt he’ll get many minutes in the Euros tbh knowing Southgate.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are the Euros more dangerous than any other type of match?
Summer transfer window is supposed to be break period for footballer though not a period where they play ''other type of match''.

Acquire Me

Could be a great move to be fair. I feel so excited yet again, so no doom and gloom here at the moment. Sancho is on his way :nervous:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Have we ever made a big signing as soon as the season ends?

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
You love to see another thread.
Big day anytime this summer.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Have we ever made a big signing as soon as the season ends?
Not that I know of, but if others are sniffing around makes sense. Plus get him before the Euros, you know what happens if players have a good tournament, even those that are normally utter crap, they have a good tournament and their price goes up x10!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Greenwood, Amad, and sancho could be our front 3 for the foreseeable future. All 3 of them are capable of playing in different positions across the front three, the opposition would have harder time dealing with 3 different players in 90 minutes as our attacking system becoming much more fluid and unpredictable (like in 07-08), No longer we have to deal with "I can only play my best football on the left and totally suck at anything else" players which have become our laten problem for years (Martial and Rashford).
Yes, Rashford is a real problem. No, I’m not being serious. I’m using sarcasm to highlight the preposterousness of your post. This is exactly the type of post you expect from the modern, young, fickle, immature fan. Overhyping young players, only to tear them down a year or two later in favour of the new ‘new’ next big thing. And the cycle goes on, and on, and on.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

No.

Matriac

Why do people feel like its happening any time soon? What are the indicators?
Because Joel Glazer will be attending our fan forum on Friday as the first time any Glazer has chosen to communicate directly with the fans. Considering the turmoil that has happened with the protests and so on he HAS to show up with a good gift, those are the rules.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Because Joel Glazer will be attending our fan forum on Friday as the first time any Glazer has chosen to communicate directly with the fans. Considering the turmoil that has happened with the protests and so on he HAS to show up with a good gift, those are the rules.
Of course the Glazers will kiss the fans backsides in the short term... the fans will protest games, that's all well and good for them, but fans encouraging other United fans to boycott sponsors is a big one for the Glazers.

Annoy the sponsors, they drop out, Glazers lose big money and it'll put off other sponsors from dealing with the club knowing how hated the Glazers are and that fans will likely encourage others to boycott them too. Glazers will likely spend big and get some good signings in this summer to placate the fans for the short term, in hopes that we ease off a little. That's my thinking anyway

Andersons Dietician

If anything solid does occur be interesting to see what the price really is and how close it will be to Kai Havertz fee. I’m sure last year it was reported Kai went for 90mil but what I can find now is 72mil. So if say Sancho comes in at 75-80 be quite a discount that from what they were asking last year.

Offsideagain

Of course the Glazers will kiss the fans backsides in the short term... the fans will protest games, that's all well and good for them, but fans encouraging other United fans to boycott sponsors is a big one for the Glazers.

Annoy the sponsors, they drop out, Glazers lose big money and it'll put off other sponsors from dealing with the club knowing how hated the Glazers are and that fans will likely encourage others to boycott them too. Glazers will likely spend big and get some good signings in this summer to placate the fans for the short term, in hopes that we ease off a little. That's my thinking anyway
It is Catch 22. Annoy the sponsors and we lose revenue and therefore cannot buy ‘big’ players or pay them what they want, unless we go into even more debt. Do nothing and the shitshow carries on. Talk the media is all about players being swapped because nobody has any real money. I believe the club is still owed money for the Lukaku transfer to Inter and not sure if we are still paying some of Sanchez’s wages. The issue I have with our transfers is that we often buy the wrong players for too much money and when the right player comes along, it takes forever to close the deal, Bruno being an example.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why do we always seem to agree personal terms with players before getting the bid accepted? Makes no sense, unless the bid gets accepted then the player isn’t moving anywhere anyway.

IRN-BRUno

Would be great to get this sorted before the Euro's start but there's probably more chance of seeing Ole turn up to pre-season sporting an Avram Glazer haircut.

Last year it was understandable to be hesitant about matching Dortmund's valuation, there's no reason not to just get on with it now the fee is more reasonable. £80m for someone with his record and potential is a fair price, any signing at that fee is something of a gamble but Sancho just feels like a perfect fit.

If we are serious about adding 3 first team ready players then we have to get at least one done reasonably early. Nothing will get done during the Euro's and we can't afford to be starting the new season without additions and all the negativity that will bring because we're still haggling over a few million. He wants to come here, personal terms etc we are told have been agreed so this should be the easiest to complete, time to pay up and get it done.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why do we always seem to agree personal terms with players before getting the bid accepted? Makes no sense, unless the bid gets accepted then the player isn’t moving anywhere anyway.
Simple. We don't like getting into bidding wars for players and we want to be sure they will/want to come.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Simple. We don't like getting into bidding wars for players and we want to be sure they will/want to come.
Still doesn’t change the fact that the club need to accept the bid first or the player won’t be going.

Judas

Open to offers
Generally this is how most teams do it I think. Of all the things to question about us, I don't think its particularly this.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
There will be no movement on this until EURO 2020 wraps up, I'm extremely confident of that.

Matriac

If we can't agree personal terms with the player, that he even wants to sign for us, it doesn't matter if we get a bid accepted by the club or not since the player wouldn't be moving to us anyway.

It also looks like much worse PR if it comes out that the selling club agreed on a fee to us but the player turned us down after.

Matriac

not doubting it’s true! But don’t get everyone coiled up. We will have spotters on the lookout at medical centres…
If true we'd likely have the medical performed by the England medical team. It's in their best interest to have it sorted as quickly as possible without distractions at this stage of Euro preparations.
Afaik the medical is mostly performed for insurance purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.