Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
For those saying we need more Grealish instead of Sancho, here is Sancho vs Grealish on a pretty graph over the past year. Yes, Sancho is Bundesliga vs Grealish Premier League, but Sancho also has CL games in here, and is 5 years younger.

For a quick glance, top right is shooting, right side is creativity, bottom right/bottom build up, bottom left dribbling, top left defensive involvement.
Grealish and Sancho are very similar with passing, Sancho more involved (but could be due to impact of possession of teams), both do equally little defensively, but Sancho adds a solid amount of goals compared to Grealish not providing anything for shooting. Grealish exceptional at winning free kicks though I'll give him that... both very similar as playmakers, with probably the key distinction that Sancho actually plays on the right equally as much as on the left, while Grealish is exclusively left wing.

suheilsworld

Similar to how Bruno was the difference between us finishing in CL places over Europa last year, Sancho to be thay difference in we being more competitive. Will be a huge signing and hoping we get this across the line ASAP

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jan Fart tomorrow : "United are interested but needs to meet Dortmund's valuation".

Jan Fart the day after tomorrow : "I repeat, United needs to meet Dortmund's valuation".

Jan Fart at the end of transfer window : "United's fault. They didnt meet the deadline set by Dortmund".

Dortmund's CEO (Watzke or whatever) : "Ummm yus Sancho is our player and we close the door und nobody meet valuation. Now he go back train in fusball staden hmm hmm hmm good bye this my clarification".

bosnian_red

Similar to how Bruno was the difference between us finishing in CL places over Europa last year, Sancho to be thay difference in we being more competitive. Will be a huge signing and hoping we get this across the line ASAP
It's a hard one because we need a holding mid, CB and RW all pretty desperately. We finished 2nd now, so the upgrade is a proper title challenge and to win you need that bit more luck. Don't think we'll properly challenge with just a RW and no DM nor with a DM and no RW. Need both the holding midfielder and RW, but also think to get that final push and truly compete for all we also need the CB (but if we can only do 2, would definitely be something like Sancho and Rice).

Posh Red

It's a hard one because we need a holding mid, CB and RW all pretty desperately. We finished 2nd now, so the upgrade is a proper title challenge and to win you need that bit more luck. Don't think we'll properly challenge with just a RW and no DM nor with a DM and no RW. Need both the holding midfielder and RW, but also think to get that final push and truly compete for all we also need the CB (but if we can only do 2, would definitely be something like Sancho and Rice).
Agree with all of that. Centre back is third in the list of priorities. Right wing or midfielder; I change my mind each week depending on how our existing players perform :lol:

RUCK4444

Agree with all of that. Centre back is third in the list of priorities. Right wing or midfielder; I change my mind each week depending on how our existing players perform :lol:
I was thinking along the same lines as this and then witnessed what can only be described as Benny Hill style defending in the absence of Maguire.

If we lost Maguire for any stretch of time next season we would achieve nothing, nada, zilch.
I’m pretty sure Ole will have seen this and won’t risk his job on the likes of Bailly.

The drop off in quality from Maguire at CB is terrifyingly bad.

Posh Red

I was thinking along the same lines as this and then witnessed what can only be described as Benny Hill style defending in the absence of Maguire.

If we lost Maguire for any stretch of time next season we would achieve nothing, nada, zilch.
I’m pretty sure Ole will have seen this and won’t risk his job on the likes of Bailly.

The drop off in quality from Maguire at CB is terrifyingly bad.
This is true but I would caveat that by saying our defence is put under excessive pressure at times due to our inability to have any semblance of control in midfield. It would certainly be nice to sign another top centre back though for sure.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
For those saying we need more Grealish instead of Sancho, here is Sancho vs Grealish on a pretty graph over the past year. Yes, Sancho is Bundesliga vs Grealish Premier League, but Sancho also has CL games in here, and is 5 years younger.

For a quick glance, top right is shooting, right side is creativity, bottom right/bottom build up, bottom left dribbling, top left defensive involvement.
Grealish and Sancho are very similar with passing, Sancho more involved (but could be due to impact of possession of teams), both do equally little defensively, but Sancho adds a solid amount of goals compared to Grealish not providing anything for shooting. Grealish exceptional at winning free kicks though I'll give him that... both very similar as playmakers, with probably the key distinction that Sancho actually plays on the right equally as much as on the left, while Grealish is exclusively left wing.
I think the stats support the eye test here. Grealish is the better carrier and wins way more tackles, whilst Sancho is way more efficient in the final third. Those G/As at the age of 21 (Bundesliga tax aside) are ridiculous. The decision isn’t that close in my mind.

RUCK4444

This is true but I would caveat that by saying our defence is put under excessive pressure at times due to our inability to have any semblance of control in midfield. It would certainly be nice to sign another top centre back though for sure.
Yeah sure, each position has its effect on another, I agree.

Just think we could muddle through at Midfield, which is the opposite to what I’ve been desperate for, I’ve been longing for a proper DM for years now. I’ve probably given up hope.

I was worried when Maguire got injured but what we witnessed at times made Maguire look like peak Maldini.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like Grealish a lot but he'll be more expensive, older and not be able to cover the right flank.

Sancho's ability to play both flanks comfortably means he'll fit the squad better, we can rely on the 4 of Rashford/Amad/Greenwood/Sancho for the front positions.

bosskeano

You get Sancho and Saul as your top two priorities which is probably about 120m. If we are going to land a CB such as Varane we will need to sell one or two players to raise the 40-50m it would cost to buy him from Madrid.

Maybe Ancelotti now that he's taking over for Zidane will be easier to deal with as he'll want to make his own mark on the squad. Could he convince the Madrid board to sanction a bid for Pogba which would allow us to then bid for Grealish?

bosnian_red

Yeah positionally I'm not sure between those 2, but player availability it's a no brainer - Sancho is world class, young, can play on the right (or left if need be) to compliment either Rashford or Greenwood and create for them. No such defensive midfielder that ticks all our boxes.

yamo123x

We need both, i tell you why.

What we have lacked for some time is someone to commit defenders with pace, someone who is direct and can beat a man and open up space.
Since Ronaldo left we never had this type of player, we struggle to break down compact teams as we rely heavily on Bruno to pick a pass but he has been overplayed and lost form... by adding players like Sancho and Grealish this will make us more direct, more fluid and help us keep the ball. Rashford tries to do this but doesnt have the ability or consistency IMHO.

By getting rid of Lingard, Mata , Matic, Jones and others we can afford to add more strength to our squad, something that let us down at the end of the season. The addition of both players also covers us if Bruno was to get injured or like we have seen this year injuries to Rashford, Cavani and Martial. We need strength in depth IF WE NEED TO CHALLENGE

Cavani/ Rashford

Grealish bruno sancho

MCT RICE

SHAW VARANE MAGUIRE AWB

DE GEA

DSG

Jan Fart tomorrow : "United are interested but needs to meet Dortmund's valuation".

Jan Fart the day after tomorrow : "I repeat, United needs to meet Dortmund's valuation".

Jan Fart at the end of transfer window : "United's fault. They didnt meet the deadline set by Dortmund".

Dortmund's CEO (Watzke or whatever) : "Ummm yus Sancho is our player and we close the door und nobody meet valuation. Now he go back train in fusball staden hmm hmm hmm good bye this my clarification".
:lol:

starting the over / under bets on number of pages on the Jadon Sancho transfer thread before conclusion. Last summer’s was 1300ish I think, yes?

Let’s set the over / under at 800 pages. Here’s my £100 on the over.

RUCK4444

I like Grealish a lot but he'll be more expensive, older and not be able to cover the right flank.

Sancho's ability to play both flanks comfortably means he'll fit the squad better, we can rely on the 4 of Rashford/Amad/Greenwood/Sancho for the front positions.
Yeah agree. Not to mention we have the ground work (hopefully) done on Sancho, can’t waste another window pursuing names we might not get, Grealish will be a lot of cash.

This summer is make or break.

Sancho, DM, Varane. That doesn’t win us the league (in the absence of Kane or Haaland up top) but it puts us in the mix.

manutddjw

You forgot to add the Leverkusen fan on here “Bayern Munich won the champions league recently, did you guys?”

cyberman

The glazers are going to drag the absolute bejaysus out of this. Clicks. Free press etc. Trying to save money. I’m not getting sucked backed in until BBC/Fabrizio says he’s having a medical.
Why would the Glazers wsnt clicks and free press?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Sancho! Jadon Sancho!
He's the player that you love to see
Lined up! For United!
To the right of Edi Cavani

Let's climb, to our old familiar seat
Top of the table, we can't be beat

Sancho! Jadon Sancho!
As the Stretty sings it two times
And K-stand replies
it's Sancho Day tonight!