Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Signing interview:

So Sancho, where do you like to play?

Sancho: I am ready to play in any position which helps the team, but my preference is always LW.
Meanwhile Martial is looking around thinking am I a joke to you?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
So what shirt number is he getting then?
Available shirt numbers for Sancho if he moves to Manchester United (Manchester Evening News):

12 - Hardly the most glamorous number for an attacker, the No.12 has usually been occupied by defensive-minded players at Old Trafford. Chris Smalling donned the shirt during his nine-year stay at the club and previous wearers include Ben Foster, Phil Neville and Paul Parker.

16 - Having been made iconic at United by club greats Roy Keane and Michael Carrick, the No.16 might be the most attractive option for Sancho. The skilful winger also wore the number himself on occasion while playing for Manchester City's Under-18s.

22 - The No.22 is available again for the first time in two seasons as goalkeeper Sergio Romero will leave the club upon the expiration of his contract and vacated it. The number may also be a good choice for Sancho, as he wore it on his England debut as an 18-year-old against Croatia in 2018.

24 - Timothy Fosu-Mensah's departure in January means the No.24 is now up for grabs again. It's most associated with Darren Fletcher at Old Trafford, but Wes Brown, David Beckham and Paul Scholes all had stints in the shirt.

25 - The No.25 is free after Odion Ighalo returned to China in January following his loan spell at the club. Another right-winger in Antonio Valencia is the club's most famous wearer of the jersey.

32 - Free since 2017, the last two players to have No.32 were goalkeepers but the number was synonymous with Carlos Tevez' time with the club. With number 33, 34, 38 and 39 all taken the only other numbers free below 40 are 35 and 36, so it's certainly slim pickings for any new arrivals this summer.

However, No.8 and No.13 could become available if Juan Mata and Lee Grant fail to agree new deals with the club and leave upon the expiration of their current contracts.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
think mata will give up his 8, so fernandes will take that and sancho 18 until cavani goes next year and gets the 7?

or maybe martial loses the 9, cavani takes that and sancho 7

RedDevilzFox

In a market in which Chilwell, Pjanic and Havertz are worth 50 mill or more? Not sure about that. 75 sounds reasonable to me. I think everyone walks away without being embarrassed.
I suppose its an itch we will scratch. Bookmark this page, folks will be out blaming the club for spending silly money on him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
18 to Sancho and 8 to Bruno makes sense. Does he wear 8 for Portugal?
pretty sure he was wearing 11 for some reason.

he’s got 8 tattooed on his arm though and he wore that for sporting, so you’d think he’d like that again

Pickle85

I suppose its an itch we will scratch. Bookmark this page, folks will be out blaming the club for spending silly money on him.
Will be interesting to see...I sincerely hope you're wrong! I'll meet you here this time in three years. I'll be wearing a carnation in my lapel (and a CL, league, FA cup, league cup quadruple 2023 t shirt :devil:)

RedDevil@84

Think it's inevitable at some point next season especially if Ole let's go of his hard on for Rashford.
I don't see that happening. Trying to shoe horn Rashford into the right while he continues to suck at it is more likely.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Should Martial be quaking in his boots right now or is he safe?
Depends on how Rashford and Martial start next season. Clean slate. If Rashford carries his end of season form into next year it’ll be him looking over his shoulder. If martial can’t get going again surely it’s his last season here. Basically it’s essential for a big club to have options

Last edited:

El Zoido

Feels different to last summer, we’ll reach an agreement. Might as well get some ad revenue clicks out of it first though.

marktan

Looks like it'll probably get done then for 90m euros if we've offered 78m.

Will be very interested to see how he does for us. I have a lot of reservations on signing him for that price but I hope he hits the ground running.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Far from safe. I mean he won't be sold this summer, but next year? Wouldn't surprise me unless he has a ridiculously good season. He's going to have to really take every opportunity that comes his way.
Still has a few years left on his contract too. So should still fetch us a decent amount

Depends on how Rashford and Martial start next season. Clean slate. If Rashford carries his end of season form into next year it’ll be him looking over his shoulder. If martial can’t get going again surely it’s his last season here. Basically it’s essential for a big club to have options
Very true. Hopefully the competition for places is gonna push Martial to reach his potential. Still feel like he's got a whole lot more to offer.

Does anybody get the Jigsaw feels when Dortmund set their deadlines?
Zorc: 'You have until July 23rd or else Dan James/Rashford continue on the right wing'
no. Because it’s just gamesmanship.

If we offered them £100m or whatever they wanted on deadline day he would have been sold. Perhaps not deadline day, as that wouldn’t have given them time to buy a replacement… but sure as shit, they would have sold him after their fake deadline.

lsd

The Oracle
Why would we even offer an amount we know would be turned down flat?

Surely all it does is just annoy Dortmund and make them not want to deal with us

Reynoldo

Available shirt numbers for Sancho if he moves to Manchester United (Manchester Evening News):

12 - Hardly the most glamorous number for an attacker, the No.12 has usually been occupied by defensive-minded players at Old Trafford. Chris Smalling donned the shirt during his nine-year stay at the club and previous wearers include Ben Foster, Phil Neville and Paul Parker.

16 - Having been made iconic at United by club greats Roy Keane and Michael Carrick, the No.16 might be the most attractive option for Sancho. The skilful winger also wore the number himself on occasion while playing for Manchester City's Under-18s.

22 - The No.22 is available again for the first time in two seasons as goalkeeper Sergio Romero will leave the club upon the expiration of his contract and vacated it. The number may also be a good choice for Sancho, as he wore it on his England debut as an 18-year-old against Croatia in 2018.

24 - Timothy Fosu-Mensah's departure in January means the No.24 is now up for grabs again. It's most associated with Darren Fletcher at Old Trafford, but Wes Brown, David Beckham and Paul Scholes all had stints in the shirt.

25 - The No.25 is free after Odion Ighalo returned to China in January following his loan spell at the club. Another right-winger in Antonio Valencia is the club's most famous wearer of the jersey.

32 - Free since 2017, the last two players to have No.32 were goalkeepers but the number was synonymous with Carlos Tevez' time with the club. With number 33, 34, 38 and 39 all taken the only other numbers free below 40 are 35 and 36, so it's certainly slim pickings for any new arrivals this summer.

However, No.8 and No.13 could become available if Juan Mata and Lee Grant fail to agree new deals with the club and leave upon the expiration of their current contracts.
We should keep number 16 for Haaland for the lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.