Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseguy64

I'll give you 150million reasons why they would..... why on earth have they stuck an asking price out there then?

No club turns down 150m, when the most they'll get for the same asset in 12 months is 70m. Nope
They haven't suggested an asking price really

Lemansky

Dortmund is given far to much credit on here when it comes to negotiations. They overplayed their hand last year, and will accept a much lower price this year. We will reach a compromise with them that both clubs will be happy with IMO. The nonsense spouting around of just paying what they want needs to stop.

dove

I'm excited we are finally getting someone who can play RW and not be a complete waste of space there, it's been waaaaaay too long since we had one. Imagine being able to attack using 2 sides of the pitch instead of 1 :eek:

Varun

Staff
'
Because the team needs a CDM, CB, and possibly a RB, and Dortmund proved last year that they aren't going to move off their price. If we are going to get him, get him, and let's move the feck on instead of wasting time since the team only works on one deal at a time.
One deal at a time is media bollocks that you can safely ignore. Dortmund's situation last year and this is very different and with the Euros on, there's literally 0 need to rush anything. Not saying we should meander around pointlessly mind but just pay whatever they ask is hardly needed at this point. If the difference is just 15mil already, you can be fairly confident we'll get this done

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
It's as if people have selective memory. We did this all summer last season. It's clear Dortmund are quite happy to keep him another year if we don't meet his valuation.
They're getting 20m lesser than last year. They'll conceivably get even lesser next year. Its in their interest to come to an arrangement.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So they want €12m (£10m) more than we’re currently offering, plus €5m in addons and they want it over 4 years, but we’ve offered 5?

Yeah, this will be done very soon.

RedDevil@84

I'm excited we are finally getting someone who can play RW
Signing interview:

So Sancho, where do you like to play?

Sancho: I am ready to play in any position which helps the team, but my preference is always LW.

Varun

Staff
I'm excited we are finally getting someone who can play RW and not be a complete waste of space there, it's been waaaaaay too long since we had one. Imagine being able to attack using 2 sides of the pitch instead of 1 :eek:
Greenwood is pretty good there tbf. It won't surprise me in the least if our front 3 becomes Sancho - Cavani - Greenwood at some point next season especially if Rashford continues to blow hot and cold + Ole grows a pair.

UpWithRivers

I cant believe we are going through all this bullshit again. Those journos and 'in the know' assholes and the youtube idiots have made a fortune selling the same nonsense for two transfer windows in a row! I mean its the exact same story just at a different fee!

I dont even think we will sign him. Probably just outbid City for Kane like we usually do - 120ish and a sht ton of wages. Then he will just get injured and start declining. Meanwhile City will get Grealish, Liverpool Sancho and Chelsea Haaland. Pessimist? Me? Yes but it wouldn't be surprising would it.

Varun

Staff
Signing interview:

Sancho: I am ready to play in any position which helps the team, but my preference is always LW.
Won't be a surprise funnily enough :lol: He's very good on both sides but his recent great run has come on the left.

Matriac

So all that paid upfront stuff was nonsense as expected.
It's usually about how much is paid up front. If say the deal was for €80m, the buyer might want to pay, €20m each year for 4 years. But selling clubs needs more funds now and wants €40-60m up front with 5-10 per year for 4 years.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Smart first offer. Will be settled as expected around the 75 mark with some extras.
Maybe £75m plus 5m adds-on or something. The final offer would be very close to what Dortmund has been asking for (they want 95m euros or 81.5m pounds), but we might still get better off with slightly better proportion of adds-on and instalments.

el3mel

Signing interview:

Scenes when we line up next year with Sancho on the left and Rashford forced again on the right.

Bring me the meltdown already.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just don't... That's fecking stupid
It's just fecking stupid negotiating with Dortmund and Watzke when we know how much room for negotiation they leave. They get their price anyway -- so yeah, just pay the money and get it over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.