Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Actually I hadn’t even thought about Murtough’s hand in this. Is there any confirmation of his involvement?
It’s starting to feel that way. A totally different approach to last summer actually going to Dortmund with bids. It feels like a much more traditional transfer process instead of the intermediaries and hypothetical offers.

Judas

Open to offers
Can I present a glass half empty opinion on Muppetough? He basically had this transfer all lined up for him from last summer, its been quite an obvious and simple deal to complete I think from the outside looking in. Lets see how the rest of the window goes, maybe when trying to sign new targets before we put too much praise at his door.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Feck Me. How many times. Woodward is not dealing with Transfers this time.

John Murtough. Our DOF. the one role the CAF cried our for for months. Is the one dealing with Transfers.

Murtough, deals with the negotiation
Judge - deals with contract negotiations with the players in question
Murtough then hands off the information to Woodward who then goes and gets sign off from Joel.

I’ll fecking say it again. Woodward is not dealing with transfers this year.

Just paying the fee by the way is not negotiating and you’ll get bent over a barrel if you did that, & people complain about a United Tax. Jheeze
a) so you know such much about the inner working of the club... I bow down to you. but sorry you are telling me the chief exec isn't involved. dream on.

b) yes we tried that negotiating trick last year - how well do you think we did? You pay the going rate (especially at Dortmund) or you don't get the player. Either we want him or we don't. It's that simple - or do you go int a shop to buy a £25 shirt and offer the guy behind the counter a fiver?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
One major difference though is all of those signings were from the premier League.

Our record with Bundesliga signings over the last decade hasn't been very good.
The other Bundesliga players were nothing like him. Totally different talent wise.
But yes, if Sancho does not work out then we should definitely never buy again from the Bundesliga!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I hate to break it to you but “just get on and pay the fecking asking price” is not negotiating.
if you want something, you pay the asking price. it really is that simple. if you don't, then you don't. How well did this negotiating work last year?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I love it when people make shit up in order to have a go at the club for trying their best
oh please... woodward trying his best is like boris f@cking johnson trying his best. If you want something, you pay the asking price (or did i miss the part where Dortmund buckled last year?)

Judas

Open to offers
if you want something, you pay the asking price. it really is that simple. if you don't, then you don't. How well did this negotiating work last year?
I mean that's such a stupid stupid way to approach every football transfer. It obviously doesn't always work like that. Negotiating over a price is just common business practice, unless there's a release clause.

we didn’t want to pay £120m.

if you see something want, and you think that it’s overpriced, you don’t buy it… that’s how it went last year:houllier:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
That is not the way football transfers work at all unless you're dealing with a club who will only accept minimum buyout clauses like Bilbao.

In fact, by refusing to give in to their non negotiable fee last summer we have now gone down to much lower fee!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
we didn’t want to pay £120m.

if you see something want, and you think that it’s overpriced, you don’t buy it… that’s how it went last year:houllier:
quite... as I said, if you don't want to pay the asking price you walk away. but that doesn't change the asking price. Dortmund have once again made their position clear (I agree we could haggle over how long we take to pay)

Gordon S

Would be fantastic if we could wrap this up next couple of days! My fingers are on the zip

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Murtough will be the one who deals with clubs & agents.

Judge deals negotiating the players contracts

Woodward will oversee the lot & then go and get sign off from Joel.

But Murtough is the main point of call for transfers.

The Athletic - Man Utd Hierarchy

The Athletic Explaining Man Utd Transfers Business

Actually I hadn’t even thought about Murtough’s hand in this. Is there any confirmation of his involvement?
Matt Judge is still in charge of negotiations but under Murtough it does feel a bit more organised.
a) so you know such much about the inner working of the club... I bow down to you. but sorry you are telling me the chief exec isn't involved. dream on.

b) yes we tried that negotiating trick last year - how well do you think we did? You pay the going rate (especially at Dortmund) or you don't get the player. Either we want him or we don't. It's that simple - or do you go int a shop to buy a £25 shirt and offer the guy behind the counter a fiver?

Deery

Dreary
Probably not get Varane now, but even being sceptical of this transfer it’s hard not to feel a little tingling of excitement, maybe I’ve spent too much time in the thread today. Looks like deal done!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Steven-UK

11 million apart in the valuations.... here we go again, we'll probably buy another midfielder we don't need, or who won't play instead...then bring Fellani back on loan on the last day of the window.

Only at Man Utd does this stuff happen....

Infestissumam

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Probably not get Varane now, but even being sceptical of this transfer it’s hard not to feel a little tingling of excitement, maybe I’ve spent too much time in the thread today. Looks like deal done!
Seriously, I'm telling you, you can be really, really happy. Sancho is one awesome, exciting, highly entertaining young top quality player who will bring you joy for years to come. Signing him should be a moment of great celebration for your club, in my view.

MDFC Manager

11 million apart in the valuations.... here we go again, we'll probably buy another midfielder we don't need, or who won't play instead...then bring Fellani back on loan on the last day of the window.

*insert confused gif*

Deery

Dreary
Seriously, I'm telling you, you can be really, really happy. Sancho is one awesome, exciting, highly entertaining young top quality player who will bring you joy for years to come. Signing him should be a moment of great celebration for your club, in my view.
Hope so looks like it’s happening I’d be extremely surprised now if we pull out.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion

Are you getting wound up over a fantasy scenario that you created and which most definitely won't happen? Relax, this is a done deal.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Do you ever get border of this nonsense?

phenry

I actually wouldn't mind waiting a bit to see how he does in the Euros. No one else will be in for him anyway at the 95m euros price so there's no risk to us in waiting.
But an agreed transfer might lift his spirits and his form with it

Status
Not open for further replies.