Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Never seen a situation like that occur, where particular scenario goes down to players preferance. Surely, there's something in black and white to avoid such scenarios?

He's about to play in a major tournament. One unlucky injury and they can get massively fecked. He's hardly an asset who's going to raise his value significantly, if he has a good tournie, the time to cash in is definetly now.
All first refusal means is that Dortmund has to accept City's bid as well if it's the same amount as what we offered.

You can't force him to City if Sancho prefers us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This has been such a long saga I couldn't give 2 fecks if he signed or didn't.

BlackShark_80

On Thursday United leaked through reputable English media (BBC, Guardian) that Dortmund had rejected an initial offer of €78m for Sancho, €17m away from the desired fee. This offer however never reached Dortmund.

strandty

Pretty much.
Basic points taken from that article are:
  • Our offer was €75m + €10m (£75.5 million total)
  • Dortmund are holding out for €100m (£86 million in total)
  • Dortmund are open if the total fee is made up of more add-ons as long as they're achievable. Team success triggers rather than individual success. United are famous for their Ballon d'Or clause (Martial and Fernandes have such).
  • We want to spread the payment over more instalments. Dortmund appear flexible on that front and agreement over this is not seen as major hurdle. (I suppose the "We offered to pay over 5 years, they want it over 4" talk came out of that, but apparently is not a biggie.)
  • The general feeling from all camps is that a deal will happen. Sancho IS pushing for the move, while still showing the respect his current club deserves. Dortmund are aware of Sancho's wish to move and want to respect it. Dortmund are known to keep their gentleman's agreements and don't want to be seen in bad light as that could harm their model of bringing young promising talent and not stepping in their way when it feels it's the right move.
Thought it was pretty much known throughout it was a €90m asking price

RedDevil@84

On Thursday United leaked through reputable English media (BBC, Guardian) that Dortmund had rejected an initial offer of €78m for Sancho, €17m away from the desired fee. This offer however never reached Dortmund.
Did we fax the offer?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

:lol: this saga is something else

cyberman

Seems Dortmund have closed off ranks to their sources. Good sign.

Lemansky

Say that again and I'll feck you up. You're in for a world of hurt, hater, surely conceived through a hole in the condom.

edit: not possible to whitetext a link?
Haha. I am excited about this signing. He is a top, top player already and still is very young.

theklr

Only problem is that German media (Jan, Falk, Bild, Berger) broke it way before the English did :lol:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Take this with a pinch of salt, but someone I know spoke to someone today who would know, and this is apparently as good as done

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
11 million apart in the valuations.... here we go again, we'll probably buy another midfielder we don't need, or who won't play instead...then bring Fellani back on loan on the last day of the window.

Only at Man Utd does this stuff happen....
Yep, only at United would we have fans finding negatives when we’re about to sign one of the best young players in world football

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Only problem is that German media (Jan, Falk, Bild, Berger) broke it way before the English did :lol:
yeh i was just thinking that hahaha. I'd put Ruhr Nachrichten above all those and by some distance when it comes to BVB... but yeh, UK media did not report this first

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Every chance that this’ll be done during the euros I think. England will be based in England. Maybe unlikely but it’s not as if there isn’t a chance of it happening, as would be the case if they were based elsewhere

Giggsy13

The agents are brokering this deal so of course there wouldn’t be direct contact between United and Dortmund. Intermediaries for Dortmund likely rejected the first offer and now work is being done to submit a second offer. Recall reports last year that united were frustrated by not having direct contact with Dortmund and instead having to communicate through agents. Same thing is likely happening.

Castia

Even the German journalists was reporting the bid I don’t believe this bollocks.

Castia

Every chance that this’ll be done during the euros I think. England will be based in England. Maybe unlikely but it’s not as if there isn’t a chance of it happening, as would be the case if they were based elsewhere
I think we’ll get the ‘Manchester United and Dortmund agree Sancho deal pending a medical after the Euro’s’ release from both clubs during the tournament.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

About 3-5 things max I saw him do as a RW - that was with acres and acres of space aswell.

Im starting to wonder if Ole see’s Rashford as his striker with Sancho out left and Greenwood outon the right.

When Amad is ready then it allows Greenwood to play central and compete for a striker spot with Rashford.

ChaddyP

Obligatory bad news from one source that everyone will now believe has entered the chat

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I can feeeeeel it coming in the air tonight (Jay-Don)
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life (Jay-Don)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

It's weird to see them focus on the English media when the news first broke through from Bild's Sven Westerschulze and Sport1's Patrick Berger. Kicker even corroborated this story, and they're one of the most reliable outlets in Germany. I guess their readers would rather enjoy RN attacking the English media than having a go at other German outlets.

Maybe Dortmund are still using an intermediary to negotiate on their behalf, so RN can easily say that Dortmund have yet to receive an offer whilst the intermediary deals with everything for them.

Silas

About 3-5 things max I saw him do as a RW - that was with acres and acres of space aswell.

Im starting to wonder if Ole see’s Rashford as his striker with Sancho out left and Greenwood outon the right.

When Amad is ready then it allows Greenwood to play central and compete for a striker spot with Rashford.
When has Rashford ever played well as a lone striker?

Deery

Dreary

We need that Haaland what a beast player he is…

Status
Not open for further replies.