Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Isn’t that just wrong though? A £100m player should be starting for their national team. The fact he doesn’t makes you wonder if he’s really worth that much money.
Rashford and Greenwood are worth just as much if not more than him. He's not a certainty to start ahead of them in our best 11 either.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Isn’t that just wrong though? A £100m player should be starting for their national team. The fact he doesn’t makes you wonder if he’s really worth that much money.
No because Southgate. Also the system. Its generally much harder for a a player being abroad be considered for a starting place than one playing in the PL too.

Jericholyte2

But also have a look at the players competing for England’s forward positions:

Kane
Rashford
Sancho
Grealish
Foden
Sterling

What is the market value of each of them?

flappyjay

If anybody wanted to buy Greenwood from us they would need to give 100m + and he isn't in the squad. Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Grealish, Foden all of them worth 80m or more yet some of these lads will be riding the bench tonight.

Don't Kill Bill

The thing is 3 of Rashford, Foden, Grealish, Sancho and Sterling won't be starting. And pretty much all of them are 100 million or thereabouts players. England are quite blessed in the forwards department so no shame in not starting.
Those three are the best players England have at the moment. If you play the right system they are versatile enough to get all three in the team. I suppose you could add mason Mount on to the list also.

Hammondo

Those three are the best players England have at the moment. If you play the right system they are versatile enough to get all three in the team. I suppose you could add mason Mount on to the list also.
100% agree, those are the players we should be building with.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
It doesn’t work like that. Greenwood is a brilliant young player and has not even made the squad. The injury can’t be serious enough to keep him out as he has played well for us in the last couple of months and „injured“ Rashford, Maguire and Henderson are in the squad after all.

England are just stacked in the attacking positions and everyone starting / competing up top is basically worth around 100 mil anyway.

players for the national team should be solely picked on their value. Should be the only criteria that matters.

PoTMS

What do you think he’s been doing season on season? It’s called measurable improvement
Just like United, his improvement is in baby steps. If anything, his defending is getting worse. Regardless, he wouldn't start for any other big club. It's quite clear to anyone whose not blinkered with red tinted glasses he needs upgrading. I would be very happy with Trippier as our first choice right back with Wan-Bissaka as an able deputy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What do you think he’s been doing season on season? It’s called measurable improvement
I think he’s gone backwards this season personally, done better going forward but far more careless defensively.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just like United, his improvement is in baby steps. If anything, his defending is getting worse. Regardless, he wouldn't start for any other big club. It's quite clear to anyone whose not blinkered with red tinted glasses he needs upgrading. I would be very happy with Trippier as our first choice right back with Wan-Bissaka as an able deputy.
What other big clubs do you speak of? I’m wondering what magical beings you’re comparing to?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Out of interest, I wonder how City fans on Blue Moon are feeling about one of their highly rated ex-academy players joining us.

Would be great to see him get the winner on derby day.

I also wonder if signing Sancho (very slightly) increases our chance of landing Haaland next summer.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If anybody wanted to buy Greenwood from us they would need to give 100m + and he isn't in the squad. Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Grealish, Foden all of them worth 80m or more yet some of these lads will be riding the bench tonight.
200m+ for Greenwood and not a penny less.

Judas

Open to offers
Out of interest, I wonder how City fans on Blue Moon are feeling about one of their highly rated ex-academy players joining us.

Would be great to see him get the winner on derby day.

I also wonder if signing Sancho (very slightly) increases our chance of landing Haaland next summer.
I am intrigued to see the Bluemoon take on Sancho in general. Do they pretend he's shit anyway and Pep was right to basically ignore his obvious talent?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's not really that simple is it? All of those England forwards are in the same price bracket aren't they and you can't fit them all in the starting XI
Not to mention that in NTs, as in any teams, there's hierarchies of seniority and Sancho is still very young.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
200m+ for Greenwood and not a penny less.
Of courser we can value him at 200m or more, but no club would pay more than 70-80m for him in this market, where 80m can get you Sancho, and 120m can probably get you Mbappe or Haaland.

noelyman

Of courser we can value him at 200m or more, but no club would pay more than 70-80m for him in this market, where 80m can get you Sancho, and 120m can probably get you Mbappe or Haaland.
Even a Covid ravaged market is never getting you close to buying Haaland for 120m let alone Mbappe.

bsCallout

Bit arrogant to make out your opinion is the right one with comments like "It's quite clear to anyone whose not blinkered with red tinted glasses he needs upgrading".

I for one don't think he needs upgrading. If you asked me at the start of the season I would have wanted a better starting RB(had we been in a position to challenge). However, his ability on the ball has gotten better and better as the season has gone on, he's defensively very good(except for perhaps the cross to the far post (he's never helped in this regard though)) and he's only 23. The last thing I'd want is for us to get a player to take his spot.

The benefit to having Trippier is both having someone AWB can learn from but also someone very different, so that if we need more width and attacking threat we have a good option. He should never be replacing him though.

cyberman

2 of those play in the same position and Sancho is best on the left.
England has so many attacking talents that moving players out of position, when its not needed, is a monumental waste of resources.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'm really not sure you'll get either for that.
Even a Covid ravaged market is never getting you close to buying Haaland for 120m let alone Mbappe.
Haaland has a release clause of around 65m next summer, if there's club willing to offer 120m now, I am sure Dortmund would be tempted to sell.
Mbappe contract is going to expire in 2022, its reported he may not extend it, and could as well sit out the remain of his contract, which means PSG may risk losing him for nothing. Truth is, no club could afford to pay more than 120m for one player in this market anyway. Even there's no offer this summer, next summer his price would drop significantly, as he would cost nothing in a year time by then.

PoTMS

Bit arrogant to make out your opinion is the right one with comments like "It's quite clear to anyone whose not blinkered with red tinted glasses he needs upgrading".

I for one don't think he needs upgrading. If you asked me at the start of the season I would have wanted a better starting RB(had we been in a position to challenge). However, his ability on the ball has gotten better and better as the season has gone on, he's defensively very good(except for perhaps the cross to the far post (he's never helped in this regard though)) and he's only 23. The last thing I'd want is for us to get a player to take his spot.

The benefit to having Trippier is both having someone AWB can learn from but also someone very different, so that if we need more width and attacking threat we have a good option. He should never be replacing him though.
It's an overwhelmingly thought opinion outside of United. It's clear to see that other teams are actively targeting him as our weak spot and will readily let him have the ball because they know 9 out of 10 times the ball will be played square. We're not here to do anybody favours and United is not a charity, I don't think he'll improve to the level we need him to be, so having Trippier will be either an upgrade on him on account of being a far better footballer, or will spur Wan-Bissaka on into being a better player (like Shaw) and prove myself as well as a lot of doubters wrong.

Reyoji-Utd

Why suddenly people use England as a benchmark to measure how good a player is not to even mention Sancho.

We knows that England somehow will mess up in the tournament no matter how good the players they have. England always mess up with their set up and who should play either with their manager or with how the media or pundits trying to influence the decision.

Players nowadaya should be measured by their club performances rather than countries.

golden_blunder

Staff
He wouldn't start at any one of Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona, Atletico, Juventus or Inter.
I think you’re being very generous to some of the teams in that list especially the Italians and Athletico who will both appreciate what a defensive player he is.
TAA is just a different type of player, world class going forward, rubbish defender.
Cancelo at City, fair enough I rate him. Comfortable going forward and defending.
Who are you counting at Chelsea?
Madrid?
Barca?

Withnail

Haaland has a release clause of around 65m next summer, if there's club willing to offer 120m now, I am sure Dortmund would be tempted to sell.
Mbappe contract is going to expire in 2022, its reported he may not extend it, and could as well sit out the remain of his contract, which means PSG may risk losing him for nothing. Truth is, no club could afford to pay more than 120m for one player in this market anyway. Even there's no offer this summer, next summer his price would drop significantly, as he would cost nothing in a year time by then.
Chelsea can definitely afford 120m but neither club want to sell, in the case of PSG at all, and the noises from Dortmund are it would have to take a huge offer for them to sell Haaland this year.

Of the two it's really only Haaland who has a possibility to move and the price being bandied around is upwards of £150m.

UncleBob

I think you’re being very generous to some of the teams in that list especially the Italians and Athletico who will both appreciate what a defensive player he is.
TAA is just a different type of player, world class going forward, rubbish defender.
Cancelo at City, fair enough I rate him. Comfortable going forward and defending.
Who are you counting at Chelsea?
Madrid?
Barca?
Is this purely based on his 1 vs 1 ability? because his positioning is a disaster.

laughtersassassin

City have a much stronger squad than Dortmund though so maybe not apples vs apples.
Exactly. Foden is being rated higher based on the league he is in. But Sancho has had a much better Career so far despite being the exact same age.

That's not to say Foden won't be the better player but right now Sancho has been more impressive in their short careers.

laughtersassassin

I am intrigued to see the Bluemoon take on Sancho in general. Do they pretend he's shit anyway and Pep was right to basically ignore his obvious talent?
He left at 17 for gametime and earned it immediately. It's like Pogba when he left us.

They felt they where ready and proved instantly that they where.

You can't begrudge a young player for leaving so he can play football every week while proving their old manager wrong.

No manager is perfect. Sancho was ready for minutes as was Pogba back in the day.

golden_blunder

Staff
Is this purely based on his 1 vs 1 ability? because his positioning is a disaster.
And who better to sort that out than masters off it?

anyway this is the Sandy thread so I’ll leave it there other than to say we will see an improved AWB with Sancho ahead of him

Judas

Open to offers
He left at 17 for gametime and earned it immediately. It's like Pogba when he left us.

They felt they where ready and proved instantly that they where.

You can't begrudge a young player for leaving so he can play football every week while proving their old manager wrong.

No manager is perfect. Sancho was ready for minutes as was Pogba back in the day.
Yes that's all well and good but that probably isn't how never rational always extreme Bluemoon see it, which is my point!

Don't Kill Bill

2 of those play in the same position and Sancho is best on the left.
England has so many attacking talents that moving players out of position, when its not needed, is a monumental waste of resources.
So we play Sancho left Grealish central and Foden from the right. These are our best players and they are flexible enough and two footed enough to play across the front three places behind Kane.

If we end up only playing one of them, the opposition will mark him out of the game. The risk is greater trying to play it safe.

UncleBob

And who better to sort that out than masters off it?

anyway this is the Sandy thread so I’ll leave it there other than to say we will see an improved AWB with Sancho ahead of him
I don't get it...AWB is a beast at 1 vs 1, that doesn't mean he's going to sort out his positioning....

laughtersassassin

Yes that's all well and good but that probably isn't how never rational always extreme Bluemoon see it, which is my point!
That's just people mate tbh. Many if not most on here pretend Pogba left for money or some shit as well.

The simple fact is both this players made the correct call.

Status
Not open for further replies.