Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momsbasement

Supports
Sydney FC
Without the extended spots Sancho wouldnt even have been at Euros at all it seems like. That must be a joke

laughtersassassin

He is subsitute of Saka. Bloody hell, what Southgate knows and we don't?
Nothing. Greenwoods not there due to an "injury".

Southgate is just weird worth certain players. Reluctant to play Grealish and refuses to give Sancho or Greenwood much of a go.

He is a manager that has his favourites and seems to find it very hard to look past that.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Still on the bench. But then again I wish they’d drop Maguire, Shaw, Pogba, Bruno et al.
United above internationals!
To be honest, if Southgate doesn’t play players in the German league, that would end Dortmund’s chance of poaching young British talent again.

Matriac

Why isn't Ole starting Sancho against Czechia if he thinks so highly of him?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Just wait til the talk of "he's grown and matured as a player since the move so we can start him now". No bias at all.

DCP

Surely he’s either got a knock or his head is in Manchester?! Weird

Tony247

Southgate ensuring Sancho's market value does not increase until united signs him. Bravo.

Red Daz

It’s baffling he’s not played a minute yet, I thought Southgate was a breath of fresh air when he got the job, he kept saying he’ll pick players on form etc, what happened to that mind set?
Taking players that aren’t fit, playing two holding players, screams of negativity and being scared of the opposition, thought those days were gone.
On form Sancho starts, ridiculous and frustrating, only reason I can think of is this ‘transfer’ is affecting him in some way ?

Sylar

I like Sancho, but he hasn't really impressed when playing for England has he? He's flattered to deceive quite a bit
Saying that I still think he should be playing today (but it should be instead of sterling)

lilcurt

I am a little concerned he can't get a game for England. Sure Southgate is a clown but if he was ripping it up in training surely he would be starting today?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I am a little concerned he can't get a game for England. Sure Southgate is a clown but if he was ripping it up in training surely he would be starting today?
Don’t be concerned. Southgate has his pets and his delusion that the German league isn’t a good level.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Saka is brilliant, and is unfortunate to not have gotten similar level of plaudits as Foden over the last 12-18 months frankly. Nothing wrong with him starting. I’d have loved him at United too, top player in 4 or 5 positions.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Surely he’s either got a knock or his head is in Manchester?! Weird
Nah, just a case of Southgate having his favourites. Similar with Bellingham, there was no reason not to sub either on against Scotland if we were looking at trying to win the match, alas he decided to stay conservative, use just two subs and not bother.

Gareth Southgate on Scotland game said:
"We didn't do enough to win the game or create enough clear-cut chances," he said. "I thought they defended extremely well. We couldn't find the solutions. We had moments down the sides, which is where the spaces were against them, but we weren't able to exploit the spaces.

"In the end, not enough to win but this is a tournament and it is critical when you can't win, not to lose."

Arnold Layne

Didi Hamann saying Southgate claimed Sancho isn't giving his all in training. Well Gareth some of the starters aren't doing it in the games

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Didi Hamann saying Southgate claimed Sancho isn't giving his all in training. Well Gareth some of the starters aren't doing it in the games
I know it's unprofessional, but if you know beforehand the manager is picking his favourites anyway, I can somewhat understand not being overly motivated in training.

pascell

Sounds like face saving from Southgate to me. What's good excuse for Bellingham barely getting minutes, even when he's played the same two DMs for three games straight.

He's just a p*ss poor manager who's far too pragmatic, he's going to singlehandedly kill any of England's chances of winning the competition.

Widow

Sancho will get 4 minutes at the end and the anti fan boys will say how he looks crap.

Disappointed that a few others didn't get a start tonight in a game that doesn't mean a great deal.

Rashford, Bellingham and obviously Sancho

davidmichael

To be honest I couldn’t give a feck if Sancho doesn’t play for England and I’d be happy if no United players played international football so they’re all fresh for United, I’ll always choose United over England.

copen1945

I know it's unprofessional, but if you know beforehand the manager is picking his favourites anyway, I can somewhat understand not being overly motivated in training.
Hopefully, these are just irrelevant noises from the camp. Otherwise, this might be the start of another Martial affair.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
As much as I rate Sancho, with the way Southgate plays, there are very obvious reasons to pick Saka over Sancho.

If you're not going to facilitate Sancho's game, you're wasting him, and Southgate's pragmatism ensures he'll do nothing whatsoever to optimise Sancho even if he was on the pitch, which is why he goes for the better athlete who can run directly at the opposition whilst not compromising the team's shape (he doesn't need an overlapper).

Bottom line is Southage is a terrible manager for a player like Sancho who will severely impede his playing time at national level unless he ses Sancho and an English full-back work well at club level, at which point I'd wager he'd drop them both into the first team together.

ManRed

Why are you guys really bothered if he is featuring or not for England? Not playing is great for us, more rested for the season and also great bargaining position for us as we can claim he is not as great as Dortmund are saying if he can't even make it in England XI.

red thru&thru

Has Gareth Southgate got a daughter old enough for Sancho??

Almost as bizarre as the fiasco between Moyes and Zaha.

Judas

Open to offers
Why are you guys really bothered if he is featuring or not for England? Not playing is great for us, more rested for the season and also great bargaining position for us as we can claim he is not as great as Dortmund are saying if he can't even make it in England XI.
It's not really great is it? It's obviously a load of shit! They know that we know how good he is.

There are so many reasons it’s good for United, not least because a) a top class tournament would be bad news for our negotiations and other clubs interest and b) you can be sure this makes Jadon even more desperate to force through a deal back to the Prem.
But I think people are bothered cause they are England fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.