g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Highlyevolved

Think it's safe to assume that people are held to similar standards because when Rashford was turning up late to trainning he was subsequently benched for it. Only difference is Rashford then went on to score the winner in the game, whereas Sancho has decided to spit his dummy out.
Exactly, the response from each player is worlds apart. In the days before social media this could happen and they’d have to take it on the chin, and choose whether to get their heads down and work or not. That was the option.

Now they have another option, release a statement with a few keystrokes on their phone, or via their social media manager, and deflect blame elsewhere, or in this case at the manager as it now seems.

jem

Well I don’t think that it was dramatic. I have watched football for over 20 years now and I can remember very few examples of a player releasing an official statement like this one. I like ETH but he does have a tendency of calling players out in public and also blaming them when we lose while hardly ever taking accountability for his own mistakes. The culture doesn’t seem great
Goldbridge on United Stand (annoying but occasionally on-point) mentioned that Ten Hag really had no choice: say it was an injury/illness and you risk a reprise of Martial and Lingard denying the veracity of such statements; say no comment, and you allow the Agbonlahors of the world to construct a narrative. In light of that, ETH response was the rational move.

Drizzle

With the Antony stuff coming out, I expect the club will want to quickly mend bridges between ETH and Sancho as we are running out of wide forwards.

Next summer he'll be sold for £25m plus player payoff to a German club.

Based Adnan

Banish him from the first team and only bring him back if he apologizes. Even then, if brought back he should be behind Pellistri and Amad moving forward and moved on as a priority.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I’d have more sympathy for Sancho if he hadn’t been dog shit for 2 years

luke511

I'd love to know which scout(s) it was that pushed for us to sign Amad and Pellestri over him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Goldbridge on United Stand (annoying but occasionally on-point) mentioned that Ten Hag really had no choice: say it was an injury/illness and you risk a reprise of Martial and Lingard denying the veracity of such statements; say no comment, and you allow the Agbonlahors of the world to construct a narrative. In light of that, ETH response was the rational move.
I think that’s fair, comment seemed more serious on text but looked fine on video. Sancho probably just saw the tweets and decided to be an idiot

julianfr

Geez this guy... Get off bloody Twitter (or X or whatever Elon finds in his alphabet soup today) and actually put in a shift ffs!

It's pointless saying he trained well when it's clear that he's never been up for it from the beginning. A better professional would get his head down and prove the coaching staff, and all of us, wrong.

OrcaFat

Hopefully same criteria applies to all players. Wondering how is Rashford doing in training to keep getting selected. Because his application on the matchdays leaves a lot to be desired.
I think EtH wants everyone to try harder, focus more, follow his rules. He would probably drop more players if he had alternatives and hence Martial will have Hojlund competing for his place (and probably taking it) Casemiro will have Amrabat pushing him and so on.

There’s more to it than sheer physical effort. Playing smart and effective is the key but most players will have to be giving 100% to produce the goods, only a lucky few can still be the best player without maximum effort.

It sounds like a lot of people have seen the decision not to select him as some sort of punishment. There was a whole debate about it on TalkSport this morning. But it’s much simpler. EtH was asked why he didn’t pick Sancho and he gave the honest answer that he was not showing enough to get into the match day squad this week. His team mates outcompeted him.

Why can’t Sancho outcompete the other guys next week? The answer is: he can. But it won’t be easy. Not sure if he quite realises that yet.

Swedish_Plumber

Sell to whoever wants him at whatever price. Can’t be arsed with any cnut in the squad that thinks that shite is acceptable. Prima-donna.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
With the Antony stuff coming out, I expect the club will want to quickly mend bridges between ETH and Sancho as we are running out of wide forwards.

More like we'll loan him there whilst paying 75% of the wages.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Think it's safe to assume that people are held to similar standards because when Rashford was turning up late to trainning he was subsequently benched for it. Only difference is Rashford then went on to score the winner in the game, whereas Sancho has decided to spit his dummy out.
Rashford was dropped for being late for a team meeting, not training.

Ten Hag didn't say anything about Sancho being late just not reaching the right level in training.

Frank White

Rashford was dropped for being late for a team meeting, not training.

Ten Hag didn't say anything about Sancho being late just not reaching the right level in training.
I got that, was replying to a comment that was implying Sancho might be getting unfavourable treatment or other players where getting preferential treatment. Eth has shown that he's not afraid to drop anyone if they don't do what's required like Ronaldo, Rashford and Garnacho have been in the past.

RVN1991

Hopefully same criteria applies to all players. Wondering how is Rashford doing in training to keep getting selected. Because his application on the matchdays leaves a lot to be desired.
Rashford is also, by most accounts, a model pro while Sancho has had these type of issues since at least his Dortmund days. He's wank and unprofessional time to get rid. Enough of giving wastes of capital like Sancho and Antony time when time just keeps showing us what a waste of money they were.

edgecutter

Kin ell that training video of him doing 'press ups' :lol:

Get this leech out of the club pronto. Absolutely stealing a living.
What makes it worse is that he is getting a rumoured 350K to not even bother his ass doing them. Most of us in this forum would jump through rings of fire to earn that in a year never mind a week.

Nogho

Anthony 100% is... it's probably his strongest (and arguably only "good") attribute

I'd say Rashford and Sancho are about on par in terms of work rate.

A desk fan in the arctic circle has is more hardworking then Martial
Rashford scores goals and does his job. So yeah. Our best offensive players last and this season.

Antony does the most full sprints in the team and is more or less always back defending.

Martial, well he should not be playing at all and he will not be playing from now on if Hojlund keep himself fit.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I got that, was replying to a comment that was implying Sancho might be getting unfavourable treatment or other players where getting preferential treatment. Eth has shown that he's not afraid to drop anyone if they don't do what's required like Ronaldo, Rashford and Garnacho have been in the past.
I haven't seen or heard anything that indicates Sancho was being petulant like Ronaldo, late like Rashford, or not having the right attitude in training like Garnacho only that he wasn't training well this week.

We don't know why that is (i.e. lifestyle, illness, injury etc.) and as such this seems like typical media noise about United because they know it winds our fans up and drives traffic to their websites and socials. We have six or seven attaching players for three positions and they can't all play at once.

Also, I felt it was important to correct the inaccuracy about why Rashford was dropped before it became cannon on here.

Kaos

Sancho is obviously very thick. Had the fans backing him and chanting his name while he went on his fat camp excursion last season, only to completely miscalculate and throw all that goodwill away by acting the victim this time round. Silly sod probably thought he was endearing himself to the fans by posting that tweet.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sancho is obviously very thick. Had the fans backing him and chanting his name while he went on his fat camp excursion last season, only to completely miscalculate and throw all that goodwill away by acting the victim this time round. Silly sod probably thought he was endearing himself to the fans by posting that tweet.
:lol: Harsh but fair.

Ace of Spades

Scapegoat :lol: .

Got one of the easiest rides on here because he was the muppet signing of many, even though he has been absolute trash.

Also, Rashford was dropped when he was late to training, so was Garnacho disciplined when he was on tour last season. Both got on with it instead of whining about the issue.

cpresc

Is this now related to the Antony situation? i.e. EtH resting Sancho as he's about to be drafted in for every game to replace Antony? :/

Waynne

I'm tired.

Tired of players not giving a feck. Tired of the same story every season of x player not giving a feck.
Tired of the manager moaning about player x not giving a feck. Tired of the gossip and media about x players not giving a feck.

Can't we ever get a break from this nonsense.

I'm fully behind Ten Hag purging the entire starting 11 with players that actually give a feck, even if they're losing because that's what SAF prioritized when recruiting players.

To summarize, i'm tired. I'd sell Sancho for a 6 pack Bud Light and a carton of cigs.

ForeverRed1

I’d have more sympathy for Sancho if he hadn’t been dog shit for 2 years
This situation wouldn’t be happening though, he’s been below parr the whole time in reality
I'm tired.

Tired of players not giving a feck. Tired of the same story every season of x player not giving a feck.
Tired of the manager moaning about player x not giving a feck. Tired of the gossip and media about x players not giving a feck.

Can't we ever get a break from this nonsense.

I'm fully behind Ten Hag purging the entire starting 11 with players that actually give a feck, even if they're losing because that's what SAF prioritized when recruiting players.

To summarize, i'm tired. I'd sell Sancho for a 6 pack Bud Light and a carton of cigs.
Pep sold him for a reason. Dortmund he had issues multiple times regarding training and application.. we need to do better when recruiting players, attitude and mentality must be elite level to make it here, not because we play the best football but because of the size of the club and the expectation and attention playing for us brings. It’s a heavy badge to wear so to make it here you got to have as much of a strong mentality as you have ability. Everyone except our fans love and enjoy to see us struggle like this. Rival fans have absolutely loved the last 10 years. Loved it.

the minute you see anyone questioning the way a player trains and their attitude, we should steer well clear of them, theres little chance they make it here.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Sharp post… I suspect a lot of truth in this

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

:lol: Literally this. Even Maguire he shown some good games amongst the comical errors, Sancho has just been ‘meh’
It is not Maguire's fault that we paid so much money for him.....i think we all "cried" that he has missed the Europa League final against Villarreal because he was very good in the months before.

Sancho had 3-4 very good matches....some decent performances....the rest was just terrible.

No one would miss him....the problem is of course his transfer price to Dortmund.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I don't think there's a problem with Sancho's response to this, and don't see this as a slight to ETH whatsoever - he makes it clear the post wasn't aimed at the coaching staff and that he is prepared to fight for his place and respects the clubs decisions.
There was nothing wrong. It wasn’t an attack on the coach. It’s the most gumption he’s shown in two years.

He’s an elite player that just hasn’t got it together here. He’ll have a wonderful career I expect. I hope it’s here. But he probably needs a year away from this circus. I expect he’ll be loaned in Jan to make the England squad and we’ll stick or twist in June.

It’s such a non story.

dcrompton

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard. Unfortunately for Sancho, Rashford and Martial (who all stroll around with the intensity of the ex-pros on Socceraid closing down a love islander) is United are used to forwards who had talent + hard work like Rooney and Tevez.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Off he goes not sorry to see him go either , was hugely excited when we went for him and in hindsight we played a blinder not getting him for the silly money they wanted.

Huge waste of time money and talent has never cemented himself in the lineup and looks lost when playing.

His best moments were fleeting crap player wouldn’t even look good at somewhere like villa.

redshaw

If Antony is left out for a while it could be a good time to prove himself. Some players might need that starting birth and a run of matches to keep the fitness and motivation going and to make training during matches meaningful. The lad went to Germany at a young age and did very well for the most part, had some issues there but that isn't some lazy player overall. Came here into a shit show with Ole and oddly not used at the start then Rangnick. ETH brings in his own Ajax man for 85m, left side locked with Rashford, I said back then he would be demoralized. Perhaps that isn't the guy we should be keeping or buying but it's a mess of a 72m player on 350k being brought in and expecting start then being supplanted by an 85m player while scrambling for Weghorst in Jan.

Hojlund and Amrabat could also help composure in holding the ball to get something out of Sancho. He's a very cool head when in a dangerous position but is not the type to battle up and down the wing. We need goals and output.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If Antony is left out for a while it could be a good time to prove himself. Some players might need that starting birth and a run of matches to keep the fitness and motivation going and to make training during matches meaningful. The lad went to Germany at a young age and did very well for the most part, had some issues there but that isn't some lazy player overall. Came here into a shit show with Ole and oddly not used at the start then Rangnick. ETH brings in his own Ajax man for 85m, left side locked with Rashford, I said back then he would be demoralized. Perhaps that isn't the guy we should be keeping or buying but it's a mess of a 72m player on 350k being brought in and expecting start then being supplanted by an 85m player while scrambling for Weghorst in Jan.

Hojlund and Amrabat could also help composure in holding the ball to get something out of Sancho. He's a very cool head when in a dangerous position but is not the type to battle up and down the wing. We need goals and output.
ETH will pick Pellestri

Waynne

labelled a professional athlete and getting the big bucks but can't manage to do a single proper push up in training

Get out !

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.

We have Amad, Pellistri, and Bruno who can play right wing, while Mason Mount plays #10, if shit hits the fan. We don't need to bend over to a petulant man-child who defies manager out of overblown ego

And all of that IF the situation escalates to the extent that United suspend Anthony.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This guy is finished. His mentality is broken to pieces. He's made it rich with 350k per week contract for 5 years.

Sadly not every players have the drive to be the best, some are happy with their achievements and party hard and dont give a hoot about their career. Too fast too soon.

At best he'll become serviceable midtable player at worst he could become Januzaj.

I can't believe his performance drop so much he can't do a basiv push up.

Eitherway it's 80m down the drain. He'll never be the Dortmund Sancho. The sooner we cut lose is better than continually hoping and hoping and creating excuses after excuses and ended up like Martial