View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Sancho’s numbers as a teenager are better than Cristiano and Messi’s combined. Nuff said. It’s a manager’s responsibility to get the best out of him. My original post focused on tactical nuances and you want to refer to a five second clip where he wasn’t doing press ups properly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A combined 1 (ONE) goal in 12 league games between all of our forwards before the Everton game. But I guess it’s okay because they do press ups properly ALL the time, right?

It’s not about whether Sancho is blameless. He has his grievances and whatever he did did not warrant: 1) his manager publicly criticising him in a press conference and 2) getting totally banished from the team unless he was further humiliated through a grovelling public apology.

Sancho had every right to rebut Ten Hag’s initially attack on his professional commitment. He deleted the post and apologised in private, which should have drawn the line there. So can you please tell me why Ten Hag is insistent on a public apology unless he is on an ego trip designed to humiliate Sancho further?

In what world do you think you can get the best out of your human resources through several public humiliations?

Moreover, a question for you Ten Hag loyalists. When will you realise that he is the common denominator in all of these dressing room crises?

He disrespected Cristiano who did more for this club than he ever would. He disrespected Varane and Casimero who have done more in football than he ever would. He tried to force out Maguire and McTominay and now they are saving his job. He got rid of Fred and De Gea and replaced them with far worse players. His tactics caused us to lose 7-0 at Anfield and he blamed the players. Tactically we are a joke. If you’re happy for this fraud to treat MY club like his dictatorship, fine. That right, however, has to be earned.

You can blame Sancho all you like. For me, he simply jumped ship before it sank. I am confident that he will outlast Ten Hag at this club.
The guy is not talented enough not to try. The Premier League isn't some 5 a side kickabout where you knock in 20 goals on talent alone like the Bundesliga. Hence why he hasn't managed it in the last 3 years or whatever it is now.

Romario used to smoke and party and do whatever he wanted and still score goals but a) that was a different era and b) he was 100x more talented than Sancho.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He’s just weak and lacking character. I don’t think there’s anything more to it.

Pickle85

Sancho’s numbers as a teenager are better than Cristiano and Messi’s combined. Nuff said. It’s a manager’s responsibility to get the best out of him. My original post focused on tactical nuances and you want to refer to a five second clip where he wasn’t doing press ups properly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A combined 1 (ONE) goal in 12 league games between all of our forwards before the Everton game. But I guess it’s okay because they do press ups properly ALL the time, right?

It’s not about whether Sancho is blameless. He has his grievances and whatever he did did not warrant: 1) his manager publicly criticising him in a press conference and 2) getting totally banished from the team unless he was further humiliated through a grovelling public apology.

Sancho had every right to rebut Ten Hag’s initially attack on his professional commitment. He deleted the post and apologised in private, which should have drawn the line there. So can you please tell me why Ten Hag is insistent on a public apology unless he is on an ego trip designed to humiliate Sancho further?

In what world do you think you can get the best out of your human resources through several public humiliations?

Moreover, a question for you Ten Hag loyalists. When will you realise that he is the common denominator in all of these dressing room crises?

He disrespected Cristiano who did more for this club than he ever would. He disrespected Varane and Casimero who have done more in football than he ever would. He tried to force out Maguire and McTominay and now they are saving his job. He got rid of Fred and De Gea and replaced them with far worse players. His tactics caused us to lose 7-0 at Anfield and he blamed the players. Tactically we are a joke. If you’re happy for this fraud to treat MY club like his dictatorship, fine. That right, however, has to be earned.

You can blame Sancho all you like. For me, he simply jumped ship before it sank. I am confident that he will outlast Ten Hag at this club.
How do you know that whatever he did, it didn't warrant the way that ETH has treated him. Here's the situation as I see it. Sancho joined United on big money, and turned into a ghost immediately. Zero contribution on the field and (apparently) a lazy, lackadaisical attitude in training. While we can't 100% confirm this last point, ETH is only the latest of several managers to have managed Sancho and questioned his commitment, so it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility. ETH answered a press conference question honestly - his response was hardly a gigantic 'humiliation' that you seem intent on making it - and Sancho reacted like a spoiled baby, throwing his toys out of the pram publicly. ETH demanded an apology which, due to the optics, he felt needed to be public - Sancho, happy to pick up his paycheque without having to work for it - refuses. I haven't seen anything about him apologising in private to ETH - do you have a confirmed source for that? We are now at an impasse.

Sancho has done absolutely nothing on ot off the field at this club to give any sense that he's worth his place or deserves the kind of treatment you seem to feel is his due. He's behaved like a petulant kid because his laziness and shite attitude was called out yet he has people like you acting like ETH has dragged him into Manchester town square in the stocks, naked, and handed out rotten veg for him to be pelted with. It's mental.

Fridge chutney

Does anyone actually miss him?
No. He won the lottery with us and packed it in. Possibly our worst ever signing given the financial outlay, and that says a lot given how much we've wasted in the transfer market this past decade.

Fridge chutney

Sancho had every right to rebut Ten Hag’s initially attack on his professional commitment
He's done a great job at proving ETH wrong since then!

He's a waste of space at United and in a normal industry he would have been fired many months ago. Instead he picks up a paycheque every week while showing contempt for our club. He can get fecked.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
You have to be an athlete in the Premeir League. The exceptions are miniscule. Sancho is not an athlete and won't put in the work.

Cloud7

Does anyone actually miss him? I sometimes forget this entire situation is going on, a testament to the complete waste he has been.
He's not done anything here to warrant being missed.

I often forget that he's here and this is going on, until I see a thread bumped about him.

zizi

There is a lot I disagree with in your post (pretty much all of it in fact) but this part in particular.

1) he didn’t warrant being criticised publicly? Why not? Other plays have been, rashford and garnacho are two example of this. So why shouldn’t sancho be called out if he hasn’t met the mgrs requirement.

2) being criticised isn’t humiliation, and nobody has said he needs to grovel. Furthermore, where has it come from that he apologised in private and ETH demand it be public? By the accounts I’ve read, sancho has refused to apologise entirely, and that’s all he needs to do. Not that anything has to be made public.

One final thing i don’t really understand as well is what sancho thinks he is actually being scape goated for?
He hasn’t played enough for anyone, pundit or fan, to blame our results or performances on, so what is it he thinks he is being scapegoated for?

El Jefe

If he was allowed to play, he would be training with the squad and would be playing on match days.

How well he plays is a totally different matter but I struggle to blame him for how this has continued. Ten Hag is behaving like a small man in my opinion, as far as player feuds go this is about as pointless as it can be. As a manager, he has dealt with this situation horribly in my opinion. There’s actually nothing to be gained from it. If the plan is to not play him for the rest of the season what is the message?

The message is certainly not to work harder because Rashford does below the bare minimum and plays every game. ETH got his fragile ego broken and now doesn’t have it in him to put the team before his ego. We’re seeing a loosely similar situation develop with Varane.

Sancho should be out there playing. He of course won’t make a difference but at least we’d be making full use of the squad and have more options ahead of the crazy schedule.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Every week ten Hag just shows how inconsistent he has been in his player management. I still don't blame Sancho and would still have him back in the team. I just don't see any difference in him supposedly not doing it in training and the likes of Rashford, Eriksen, Antony, Martial not doing it on the pitch.

Perhaps, ten Hag might not even survive the xmas period, the way things are going.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Because he’s on huge wages and currently adding nothing. I think the fanbase has a right to seek some sort of accountability on the situation with him.
Do we know if he's on full wages? If he's on disciplinary he might not be.

He would also add nothing if he was part of the squad anyway, so I struggle to care.

TheReligion

Abusive
Do we know if he's on full wages? If he's on disciplinary he might not be.

He would also add nothing if he was part of the squad anyway, so I struggle to care.
I care because I feel the running of the club is poor and there needs to be accountability.

It’s no coincidence that JR and his team were scathing about the set up and want to rip it up.

tomaldinho1

I care because I feel the running of the club is poor and there needs to be accountability.

It’s no coincidence that JR and his team were scathing about the set up and want to rip it up.
Literally every manager we’ve had save Ole heavily critiqued the club and how it was run, there won’t be any accountability until something actually changes at the top.

Marwood

Every week ten Hag just shows how inconsistent he has been in his player management. I still don't blame Sancho and would still have him back in the team. I just don't see any difference in him supposedly not doing it in training and the likes of Rashford, Eriksen, Antony, Martial not doing it on the pitch.

Perhaps, ten Hag might not even survive the xmas period, the way things are going.
Obviously some extra stuff has gone on we don't know about. Likely the same stuff that resulted in him missing half of last season.

Last thing this team needs is Sancho. He's Rashford/Martial x 10.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Obviously some extra stuff has gone on we don't know about. Likely the same stuff that resulted in him missing half of last season.

Last thing this team needs is Sancho. He's Rashford/Martial x 10.
0 x 10 = 0

So same. Worth a punt.

Marwood

0 x 10 = 0

So same. Worth a punt.
It's not a punt though. We know the outcome. Why would a manager completely undermine himself when he knows there's no benefit in doing so. Can you imagine the physical condition of Sancho right now?

united for life

ETH has not been consistent, I agree. But the way Sancho reacted to the manager’s comments is unacceptable especially after all the support he’s received from him to help him get back in form for the first team. I really hope we manage to sell him next month

Tyrion

That wasn't the problem. The problem was he contradicted the manager and refuses to apologise. Since then he's been waiting for the manager to get sacked. It's pretty disgraceful actually and fortunately he's shown nothing to suggest he won't fail here with the next manager so we won't have to suffer the embarrassment of him being a United player many more times.

If I was the DOF, I'd be looking for takers for him now and would be happy to take half what we paid for him just to throw him out the door.

I can't remember the last time I thought one of our players behaviour was this pathetic aside from off pitch legal issues or Ronaldos interview.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
ETH has not been consistent, I agree. But the way Sancho reacted to the manager’s comments is unacceptable especially after all the support he’s received from him to help him get back in form for the first team. I really hope we manage to sell him next month
That wasn't the problem. The problem was he contradicted the manager and refuses to apologise. Since then he's been waiting for the manager to get sacked. It's pretty disgraceful actually and fortunately he's shown nothing to suggest he won't fail here with the next manager so we won't have to suffer the embarrassment of him being a United player many more times.

If I was the DOF, I'd be looking for takers for him now and would be happy to take half what we paid for him just to throw him out the door.

I can't remember the last time I thought one of our players behaviour was this pathetic aside from off pitch legal issues or Ronaldos interview.
All ten Hag had to do was just keep his mouth shut. That performance from Rashford yesterday amongst others was disgraceful. If he starts against Chelsea, I will seriously give up. But ten Hag won't say a word. If I'm seeing Rashford and others getting away with it week in, week out, no way would I be apologising either.

No-one really knows what is going on behind the scenes and I'm sure it will come out eventually but I wouldn't be surprised if other players have clocked what's going on and are losing respect for ten Hag as well.

Yeah Sancho probably should have apologized but I certainly don't blame him. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is at United longer than ten Hag.

90 + 5min

All ten Hag had to do was just keep his mouth shut. That performance from Rashford yesterday amongst others was disgraceful. If he starts against Chelsea, I will seriously give up. But ten Hag won't say a word. If I'm seeing Rashford and others getting away with it week in, week out, no way would I be apologising either.

No-one really knows what is going on behind the scenes and I'm sure it will come out eventually but I wouldn't be surprised if other players have clocked what's going on and are losing respect for ten Hag as well.

Yeah Sancho probably should have apologized but I certainly don't blame him. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is at United longer than ten Hag.
No player should ever be bigger than manager. And everybody who stands up against manager should be sold and kicked out. We can't have players controlling club. This is not some local club.

Is some rumours are true from my sources about some players siding with Sancho, they can join him. This guy is totally opposite of being professional. This is just like watching players like Ali who disappeared. Those players should be ashamed. Sancho is not paying them money. The club is.

pascell

I'm sorry but what? Sancho has been one of the biggest culprits of putting in lazy, half assed performances since he joined us.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

Rashford is doing it off the back of a 30+ goal season, what has Sancho ever done to warrant not apologising?

Onerealunited

Why does people really care about the wages he is earning???? For sake, if not to the player then the money is just gonna be paid out as dividends to the Glazers. Why even bother and feel bad about the situation

Pickle85

You just know Sancho will be back in the starting line up before the end of the month as Ten Hag starts the desperation spiral.
If he'd shown any positive signs in his united career so far I may agree, but he's been basically useless. Even as a final roll of the dice he isn't worth it.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: good point... he'll be just like a new signing etc. Ugh, such a frustrating situation we find ourselves in, isn't it.
Depressing at times. I support Ten Hag on the Sancho front, he’s been abysmal. I think he’d lose all respect though if he brings him back because be needs a result and not because he’s done what it takes to get back.

AFC NimbleThumb

Why does people really care about the wages he is earning???? For sake, if not to the player then the money is just gonna be paid out as dividends to the Glazers. Why even bother and feel bad about the situation
Theres long been a growing resentment for footballers & the rise of echo-chambers like forums have boiled it further. ‘He gets paid X so should. . .’, ‘If I got paid X I’d do (insert something you can’t do)’.

The root is jealousy, then you pile on other issues this fanbase have with certain players & this Sanco saga was cocaine to some.

Ibi Dreams

Comparing him to Rashford is stupid for two reasons:

1: Rashford has credit in the bank because he has performed very well in the past. He may be losing that credit, but it does exist

2: the original catalyst for Sancho being out of the squad was that "he didn't train well" according to ETH. There's no evidence that Rashford doesn't train well. I've never seen a story saying he doesn't, and no manager has ever said he doesn't

The fact that we've never seen a story or seen ETH say that about anyone else suggests to me that Sancho was taking the piss. Turning up late, turning up unfit, not putting in effort. Could be any of them or a combination of them.

There's really no reason why ETH would single him out if that wasn't the case. He clearly has not met standards in some way. And given the pretty low standards we seem to have, that isn't really forgiveable. Especially when he was given time off during the season to sort out whatever it was

AndySmith1990

Theres long been a growing resentment for footballers & the rise of echo-chambers like forums have boiled it further. ‘He gets paid X so should. . .’, ‘If I got paid X I’d do (insert something you can’t do)’.

The root is jealousy, then you pile on other issues this fanbase have with certain players & this Sanco saga was cocaine to some.
Most people probably work hard and behave professionally at work, therefore apply the same standards to footballers and find it abhorrent that certain players lack those standards despite earning vastly more money. Presuming it's jealously is a sad view of a group of people you don't know

Bwuk

Can already see him scoring after Ten Hag is sacked and looking into the camera and shrugging.