Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
See I can't agree on the affordability part.
We've been at it for so long, we must have know an estimate to the price they would set. We would have determined what we can afford beforehand.
If the two coincide, then what exactly is the problem?

Zorc has been clear on how much Dortmund want. So therefore, we know that part.
Manchester United remained in whatever intermediary negotiations took place, meaning we had the belief that we could afford it.

Unless we've lowballed dafuq outta Dortmund, or they've shifted their previous valuation, what exactly is preventing this deal from taking place?

Plus this whole business of "secretly" adding a year to JS' contract. Dafuq was that?!

The whole PR stunt with Dortmund parading Sancho all over the place is weird as well.

This whole thing is just plain weird.
It's simple to me. They gave us their price, we assumed they would budge on their valuation, they didn't. From that point on, I don't think anything has changed tbh. Sancho clearly wants to join, but we can't afford their asking price and they don't seem willing to drop that price.

Womp

idiot
Sure you are right, its understandable we won't be paying that amount of money in current situation. Dortmund has no reason to lower their demand too, as Sancho still has 3 years contract with them, they are in no rush to sell really.

I think people here who think we could still sign Sancho this summer is missing a point - Dortmund did sell Dembele after unable to keep him from Barca pursuit few years ago, but for price of 145m! Since Sancho is better player for them, they just won't sell him cheap. Its either we pay the full amount they've asked for, or Sancho would stay for at least another year. I just don't see we will pay that amount of money, if we could we've already paid that before Dortmund deadline.
Exactly. I think people are genuinely going to be disappointed when it becomes obvious this isn't going to happen.I think the lack of news etc. is simply because we are at a stalemate, there has been no updates, we still can't pay what they want, they still won't lower their demands.

It's 120m ffs, we would be very cautious spending that kind of money pre-covid, let alone during.

mav_9me

I think Dortmund are taking a calculated risk here. I think they’ll struggle to get more than 120 million for him next year but are probably hoping for more competition and less negotiation.

This is quite clearly dead now this summer for us but it’ll be interesting to see who else we’ll target to improve the squad next season.
Depends on general economic recovery. Also there will still be 2 yrs left, so their position won't be weak yet. You could very easily see more money in the market with moves such as Mane to real or real going for Sancho etc...

I actually respect Dortmund here. Pay us 120 Mill before training camp or we wont sell. Training camp starts and they say hes here for the season.

Ball was always in our court seemingly.
Yeah. 120m euros with 3 yrs left on contract, for a 20 y/o sensational English talent seems more than fair to me. Maybe there were other issues for us or we can't afford that. Or we may be trying to save a few million by getting Sancho to put in a transfer request.

SAFMUTD

Why is everybody taking the "we secretly renew his contract for one extra year" statement as true when is clear as day is bullshit?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Directly from the Borrussia Dortmund’s Q3 report.

Q3 Borussia Dortmund

Transfer deals are an important part of Borussia Dortmund's business and, as in previous years, represent a significant source of income. However, in view of the developments in the economic environment, Borussia Dortmund on principle only takes transfer income into limited account in its planning. The transfer policy nevertheless presents significant opportunities to generate substantial income. Consequently, transfer deals are always assessed against the background of the current season. High transfer sums often go hand in hand with a drop in quality within the team, but it cannot be ruled out that value-driven transfers will be concluded contrary to the Company's sporting interests. Given Borussia Dortmund's sustained success, its players are increasingly piquing the interest of other top clubs.
The COVID-19 crisis is also influencing the transfer market. It cannot be ruled out that transfer sums for players will decrease temporarily on account of the economic uncertainties. According to the International Centre for Sports Studies, it is possible that transfer sums for players in Europe's leagues will decline by several million euros.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Q3 Borussia Dortmund

Transfer deals are an important part of Borussia Dortmund's business and, as in previous years, represent a significant source of income. However, in view of the developments in the economic environment, Borussia Dortmund on principle only takes transfer income into limited account in its planning. The transfer policy nevertheless presents significant opportunities to generate substantial income. Consequently, transfer deals are always assessed against the background of the current season. High transfer sums often go hand in hand with a drop in quality within the team, but it cannot be ruled out that value-driven transfers will be concluded contrary to the Company's sporting interests. Given Borussia Dortmund's sustained success, its players are increasingly piquing the interest of other top clubs.
The COVID-19 crisis is also influencing the transfer market. It cannot be ruled out that transfer sums for players will decrease temporarily on account of the economic uncertainties. According to the International Centre for Sports Studies, it is possible that transfer sums for players in Europe's leagues will decline by several million euros.
Interesting

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why is everybody taking the "we secretly renew his contract for one extra year" statement as true when is clear as day is bullshit?
That was their intention from a PR perspective. And it worked.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
From what I can see they need to sell if they don’t want to use credits. In their own words its part of their Business plan to sell players every year. (see BD Annual report 2019 or Q3 2020)

As at 31 March 2020, Borussia Dortmund held unrestricted cash funds of EUR 18,781 thousand. Borussia Dortmund also had access to an additional EUR 60,000 thousand in overdraft facilities which had not been drawn down as at the end of the reporting period.
Cash flows from financing activities amounted to EUR -8,585 thousand. This primarily consisted of the dividend distribution in November 2019 and the payment of lease liabilities.

roseguy64

He looks like a total bullshitter. Starts from obvious transfers that were going for weeks like Lukaku or Griezmann (who was known that it will happen 6 months before) and then proves that he has contacts, like the agent of ... Stefano Okaka.

Amazing how people fall for this shit.
You want a transfer window long documentary of his day to day or you're judging the transfers he's talking about just because they're obvious? If those are the deals going on at the time then that's obviously what is gonna be shown.

Chris Smalling is mentioned in the video. Have a look at this thread : https://www.redcafe.net/threads/smalling-on-loan-to-roma-1-year.450193/ and this twitter search: https://twitter.com/search?f=live&q...l:2019-09-01 since:2019-08-20&src=typed_query

Romano and Di Marzio broke the Smalling to Roma news. Also, those tweets mention Sky Italy who would be those two. He must be supremely good to guess Smalling to Roma.

Number32

Q3 Borussia Dortmund

Yeah, lets that sink in BVB. Your big stadium won't help in this situation, selling players is the only option for you.

roseguy64

Its obvious they're not ITKs. They just are in a position of being able to speak to agents and repeat what they've been told.
That's pretty much how all the journalists work. Agent talk or club briefing. Then the others who guess completely. Why would any journalist be a genuine ITK? Don't think any of them have ever claimed to be.

mav_9me

I'm taking it as true cuz if it wasn't it would be easily refuted by "sources" close to Sancho and his camp or even United.

Number32

Depends on general economic recovery. Also there will still be 2 yrs left, so their position won't be weak yet. You could very easily see more money in the market with moves such as Mane to real or real going for Sancho etc...
They desperately sold the unsettled Tomas Rosicky for just 10 millions euros to Arsenal after turn down several big money transfer for him. They went to absolutely meltdown since then.
General economic won't recover in 2 years, there will be less money in the market. Even Real and Barca are busy to expand their stadium instead of big money move.

mav_9me

They desperately sold the unsettled Tomas Rosicky for just 10 millions euros to Arsenal after turn down several big money transfer for him. They went to absolutely meltdown since then.
General economic won't recover in 2 years, there will be less money in the market. Even Real and Barca are busy to expand their stadium instead of big money move.
That's what 15 yrs ago... Hardly relevant today.

Agree abt general economy. But you'd still expect it to be better than today.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I mean they also rejected a £30-40m bid from Bayern didn’t they for Lewandowski when he had less than 12 months on his contract?

Number32

That's what 15 yrs ago... Hardly relevant today.

Agree abt general economy. But you'd still expect it to be better than today.
They still have the same sporting director who sold Rosicky. I think he won't make the same mistake though.

roseguy64

My problem with this negotiation (assuming it’s true) is this: if we have to decided to pay 120m and for example 70m upfront and they need 80m just pay the extra 10m and don’t negotiate. If you’re only willing to pay 40m and they ask for 80m then that’s a different story. This has happened every summer especially with Bissaka last year.

From the beginning they kept asking for 45+5 at least. We kept insisting 35+15. They said no. Then we said 40+10. They said no again. Eventually we ended up paying 45+5 anyway. It’s just wastes so much time. Difference of 10-15m we should cover it. That amount we can make up. Anything more than that can be negotiated.
You're ignoring that it wasn't just the fees being negotiated.

Number32

I mean they also rejected a £30-40m bid from Bayern didn’t they for Lewandowski when he had less than 12 months on his contract?
They also had sold Goetze for a big money that year. Losing the money to keep Lewandowski for a year was not a big deal.

They haven't sold any of their stars this window, but already have spent 50 millions euro.

lewwoo

He will go somewhere else next year. Well done woody. Fecked up another one. Best English talent in years in a position we are crying out for. Big statement could of been made that we want to go to the next level to catch pool and city. Oh well we might get Zaha.

SAFMUTD

I'm taking it as true cuz if it wasn't it would be easily refuted by "sources" close to Sancho and his camp or even United.
You mean like it being mentioned by Fabrizio Romano as being bullshit?

Sancho is not going to come out say that straight away that would be dumb for him, he would only break his relation with Dortmund and that wouldnt warranty him moving here so not much to gain but a lot to lose.

What makes more sense for you.

A) its a, lame, tactic they anounced after the deadline to put more pressure on United on buying him asap by saying he wont be cheaper next year because they secretly extended their contract.

B) they did secretly extended their contract just by one year, without anybody knowing. In times when is basically public knowledge of every god damn player in the planet how long their contract is.

Additionally this would have happend at least one year ago because they been trying to renew Sancho for one year now and has refused.

Come on mate, it doesnt takes much to realize this is a clear bullshit tactic.

Hackman2210

I thought the Sancho deal would be dependent on us selling pogba tbh. With him staying and greenwood looking like a future worldie- why blow the 120m on Sancho. I think you put greenwood in that Dortmund team he’ll be 30goals next year. We got him dan James, ighalo TIL jan 31st. Maybe we just get Grealish and see what jan brings. We’re still totally unclear when fans etc can go back to stadiums and the longer Covid drags on for the less sky subscriptions are being bought. Seems sensible to me - the world is changing. Even city seem to spending sensible amounts at the mo.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
You mean like it being mentioned by Fabrizio Romano as being bullshit?

Sancho is not going to come out say that straight away that would be dumb for him, he would only break his relation with Dortmund and that wouldnt warranty him moving here so not much to gain but a lot to lose.

What makes more sense for you.

A) its a, lame, tactic they anounced after the deadline to put more pressure on United on buying him asap by saying he wont be cheaper next year because they secretly extended their contract.

B) they did secretly extended their contract just by one year, without anybody knowing. In times when is basically public knowledge of every god damn player in the planet how long their contract is.

Additionally this would have happend at least one year ago because they been trying to renew Sancho for one year now and has refused.

Come on mate, it doesnt takes much to realize this is a clear bullshit tactic.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jadon-sancho/profil/spieler/401173

Literally a 2 second Google tells you his contract was extended

red thru&thru

The people who say just spend €120m, would be the same people who would be in an uproar if the club had to lay off staff, because of this pandemic.

Fracture90

Mane will be 29 next year, i personally can't see Madrid paying a big amount of money for him after this whole Hazard experience.

Amarsdd

The people who say just spend €120m, would be the same people who would be in an uproar if the club had to lay off staff, because of this pandemic.
don't even have to go that far. They will be same people saying we paid too much for him after a couple of average games.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Its not true, his contract was not secretly renewed. His contract renewal was announced last summer. I dont even think Zorc even mentioned the word secretly either

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Q3 Borussia Dortmund

A lot of that is just due diligence. Doesn't mean they will accept reduced sums. I do agree that selling players is a significant part of their business model.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Its not true, his contract was not secretly renewed. His contract renewal was announced last summer. I dont even think Zorc even mentioned the word secretly either
How did this critical piece of information slip through from grasp for every experienced muppet in this thread?

GJNJ

Seems that Sancho doesn’t want the move desperately enough. No noises from his side about this.
It does feel like he needs to push for a move for it to happen.

I suppose one positive is that dispite all the interviews with squad how happy they are that he staying, he hasn't given an interview with yet.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Interesting. Seems he's trying to cool all the talk about him.
Yet the club have been trolling on social media, I think they are loving the attention to be honest

red thru&thru

don't even have to go that far. They will be same people saying we paid too much for him after a couple of average games.
Hahaha, true.

This is also part of why we shouldn't pay this amount on him. It will come with too much pressure and can ruin a player. Look at HM, had a very good season for us but was picked apart for every mistake...just because he was a "£80m" player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The funniest thing about this thread is how hostile caftards who disagree with each others are :lol: Chill out folks, it's just football.
I have been a bit detached from the actual transfer but I'm enjoying the thread. Meltdowns, broken hearts and conspiracy theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.