Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

deadrevelz

Saying its likely he might have changed the target list outlined in Jan. Or was he on everyone's radar even before then?
Definitely. He was like Pogba, only left because of a dispute, everyone knew he would be a very good player. Only issue is whether he is actually available.

NoPace

I'm starting to wonder if Real Madrid will go in for him. They could cast Bale aside, swallow some of his wages and sell him back to England or to Italy and then they'd have Sancho, Asensio and Vinicius to cover the 2 wing spots, or just play all 3 behind a striker with Kroos and Casemiro or Llorente holding. If Sancho is going to cost 150M and Hazard 100M, give me the winger a full decade younger.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fair enough, I just can't imagine it will cost that much. I am fairly certain we wouldn't pay that much for anyone, so if he did, we wouldn't be getting him. Right now I think him not signing a new contract then going to Spain in two years is most likely and Real or Barca will get him on the cheap.
Why can you see that, and why is it ‘most likely’?

deadrevelz

Why can you see that, and why is it ‘most likely’?
I just don't get the feeling he will be available this summer. He seems to be enjoying his time at Dortmund and it's good for his development. Maybe he will star for England at next years Euros and will decide to leave that summer or the next. By that time, his contract will only have one/two years left and if he continues to progress, every team will want him and won't have to pay such an extortionate price as we would now. He has said he is happy to 'relocate' and feels comfortable in a foreign country, so I doubt he would be desperate to return to England.

Just a prediction. I'm not claiming to have inside info.

Wilt

Hope we go all out to sign Sancho. He’ll probably cost £100m+ but he’s not going to get any cheaper.

Young talent like Sancho don’t come around too often. He’s a perfect fit for Utd.

In Rainbows

For those who watched him in the U-18s for City, how did he compare to our prospects at that level, more specifically Greenwood? Did he look even more superior to the level than Mason does, or about similar? I know they play different positions most of the time but just wondering in general.
He was like Greenwood, except Greenwood had more end product because naturally he's the better goal scorer. Sancho is like the Greenwood of wide forwards who runs at players and creates for others. Different jobs, but similar talent/influence for their positions. One thing to keep in mind is that Sancho has better technique. Others might argue that Greenwood has equally good technique because Greenwood has the equalizer that is being exceptional with both feet. Like if Greenwood was just primarily a left footed player, Sancho would have better technique. However, reality is that Greenwood is like ambidexturous and you can't discount that.

Also this is a tangent, but I consider Gomes to have the best technique of all 3 players. However, I think in terms of composure with defenders nipping at the ball, I rate Gomes below both Sancho and Greenwood. Those 2 players have a great amount of composure and it feels like they have a plan in place when confronted with a potential tackle which allows them to retain the ball or go past players. Gomes shows glimpses of this magic, but not to the same consistency as they.

Also, if Greenwood indeed goes up another gear as he ages in terms of pace, I would imagine he would be the better prospect.

*Incredibly important to realize that Sancho is already performing amazing at first team level, and because of that is 100% the better prospect. Until Greenwood proves it at first team level, we can't have an accurate comparison and thus the comparison should be in reality written off.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was like Greenwood, except Greenwood had more end product because naturally he's the better goal scorer. Sancho is like the Greenwood of wide forwards who runs at players and creates for others. Different jobs, but similar talent/influence for their positions. One thing to keep in mind is that Sancho has better technique. Others might argue that Greenwood has equally good technique because Greenwood has the equalizer that is being exceptional with both feet. Like if Greenwood was just primarily a left footed player, Sancho would have better technique. However, reality is that Greenwood is like ambidexturous and you can't discount that.

Also this is a tangent, but I consider Gomes to have the best technique of all 3 players. However, I think in terms of composure with defenders nipping at the ball, I rate Gomes below both Sancho and Greenwood. Those 2 players have a great amount of composure and it feels like they have a plan in place when confronted with a potential tackle which allows them to retain the ball or go past players. Gomes shows glimpses of this magic, but not to the same consistency as they.

Also, if Greenwood indeed goes up another gear as he ages in terms of pace, I would imagine he would be the better prospect.

*Incredibly important to realize that Sancho is already performing amazing at first team level, and because of that is 100% the better prospect. Until Greenwood proves it at first team level, we can't have an accurate comparison and thus the comparison should be in reality written off.
Think with Greenwood primarily being a goal scorer by trade, and Sancho an creator, there will be no need to make a trade-off between the two anyway. Sancho is ahead at the moment as he has transferred his main gift (creating) to the senior level. If Greenwood doesn’t transfer his goalscoring, then there will be little debate, as that’s Mason’s gift. They can definitely co-exist within a team though.

ArjenIsM3

Michael Zorc (Dortmund director) just ruled out BvB selling Sancho in the summer. There goes our ideal signing :lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Of course he's gonna say that though?
And why should they be willing to sell him? It's not like they wouldn't be getting more money next year. He'd have to do a Dembele and even then he wouldn't come any cheaper as the Dembele story has proven.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
And why should they be willing to sell him? It's not like they wouldn't be getting more money next year. He'd have to do a Dembele and even then he wouldn't come any cheaper as the Dembele story has proven.
There's always a risk in thinking like that: there's massive hype around him at the moment and there could be a bidding war for him between various clubs driving his price up. You never know whether he might have an unconvincing season next year (seems unlikely, but who knows) or gets a bad injury (I hope not of course), but Dortmund might believe that this summer would be the best to cash in. Or they could hinge their bets on him going to the Euros next summer and performing well and indeed being worth even more after another good season.

marktan

What a nice assist against Bayern today.. brought like 5 players on to him.

Sigh.. I really wish we at least offered say £130m for him. Would make a much bigger difference in my opinion than anyone other signing to our team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What a nice assist against Bayern today.. brought like 5 players on to him.

Sigh.. I really wish we at least offered say £130m for him. Would make a much bigger difference in my opinion than anyone other signing to our team.
Ornstein said we’d basically wrapped up a deal but missing out on CL football scuppered it.

El-Manos

Agree a deal with him in January, let him join in the summer. We have be swift & smooth if we want to get him.

Hulksmash

Honestly if Joa Felix goes for 127mio , nobody should even try anything below 150 Million.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Ran from the halfway line straight towards goal and nutmegged Neuer. No big deal.

mav_9me

Awesome finish. One of my fav players.

I worry about us standing a chance to get him if he continues to play so well.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
My word we need to sign this lad next summer

Nero

Good goal but he has been rancid tonight. Rashford would be getting slaughtered on here.

Roberto420

It's took us 2 years to sign Maguire, I've no confidence our board will be able to tempt one of the most sought after talents in the game, it's not happening and the belief it will is reminiscent of rawk in their prime.

United58

I’m fairly confident if we get CL football next season we’ll go back in for him.
Yeah I can see this happening too - would be delighted if we landed him, phenomenal player. With Gomes and Greenwood coming through the academy, we'd have a brilliant array of English talent at the club - as a Manc, Sancho would fit right in. Hopefully Solskjaer can land us top 4 with attacking football and entice exciting players like Jadon.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Good goal but he has been rancid tonight. Rashford would be getting slaughtered on here.
How exactly does one fantastic assist and a superb goal equal a rancid performance? :lol:

If that's "all" he does i'd say that's an acceptable performance at the least.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He can join the side he supports (Chelsea) next season. He's already moved to Manchester once and got the feck out at the first opportunity.
Pulisic has already experienced being Sancho's bitch, you can't put him through it again.

Nero

How exactly does one fantastic assist and a superb goal equal a rancid performance? :lol:

Because he's been rancid, that's what makes it a rancid performance. A good goal doesn't determine a performance.

For the record, Sancho is awesome and I want him for our right wing.

saivet

I was looking on Twitter and apparently he was stinking out the place in the first half but now has a goal and assist in a 2-0 lead.
Yeah he was poor in the first half. He's not had much of the ball in the second half either, but two top class moments

bleedred

Rooney's goal against city, that game was the first to my mind. He was atrocious, till that goal. Even just before the goal when he misplaces a pass, the whole crowd groans.

A9X SJ

Bayern are not the team they used to be!

Good contribution to the game see how he does this year?