Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewwoo

Woody has played a blinder here. Pretend to chase Sancho right up to deadline day and offer what you know will be rejected. Say they tried their best and not their fault. Too late to sign anybody else. Another season of Lingard and woody gets a nice bonus for saving the glazers more money. Well played woody.

Crustanoid

I think if we work on the guiding principle that Woodward, Judge and the others who run our club are:

1) Imbecilic morons
2) Couldn’t give a stuff about the football side of things at the club
3) Are penny pinching fvcks
4) Have less sense of urgency than a dead snail when it comes to making signings

should give you all you need to know about what to expect for the conclusion of this saga.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Woody has played a blinder here. Pretend to chase Sancho right up to deadline day and offer what you know will be rejected. Say they tried their best and not their fault. Too late to sign anybody else. Another season of Lingard and woody gets a nice bonus for saving the glaziers more money. Well played woody.
and you think fans will be cool with that?

Leonzo1

All the positive new we're hearing are very vague tweets from english sources saying stuff like "testing they're resolve". German media haven't said a word about it because they know it's been dead for a while. The only reason we keep fueling this rumor is to retain the image that we are still active in the market. If we briefed that we're not in for him with so much time left until the window closes the fans backlash would have been immense. As of now there are plenty of optimistic muppets to help avoid the negative PR, then the window will close and everyone will be like "OK, at least we tried until the end". He is not coming, I'm pretty sure that there are barely any negotiations taking place at this point.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Can any of our resident German speakers clarify if this is definitive.

In English "For us, it's good he stays for one more year" is different to "For us, its good he will stay for one more year".

The first statement has a degree of uncertainty, the second statement is definitive.
It's the same for German literally translated. So "if" is not definitive but "that" is definitive.

Do you have an interview without the translator babbling? I personally heard the German "that" (dass) at the beginning to be honest, but can't really tell if that's all to it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But what's he been ahead of everyone else when it's regarding Sancho? He's merely a journalist playing the guessing game like the rest.
What you should do is put this thread on ignore and let the rest have their bit of fun. If the player doesn't arrive then so be it but i'm not gonna cry over it because i'm looking forward to how the teams develop at u18, u23 and first team level.

RkkMan

All the positive new we're hearing are very vague tweets from english sources saying stuff like "testing they're resolve". German media haven't said a word about it because they know it's been dead for a while. The only reason we keep fueling this rumor is to retain the image that we are still active in the market. If we briefed that we're not in for him with so much time left until the window closes the fans backlash would have been immense. As of now there are plenty of optimistic muppets to help avoid the negative PR, then the window will close and everyone will be like "OK, at least we tried until the end". He is not coming, I'm pretty sure that there are barely any negotiations taking place at this point.
German media haven`t said a word because we`ve not yet made a bid thats why no other reason so we literally haven`t tested their resolve. Every man and his dog knows its going in this week and that`s when Sancho will push for a move so we wait until then a little naive to jump into conclusions

romufc

Woody has played a blinder here. Pretend to chase Sancho right up to deadline day and offer what you know will be rejected. Say they tried their best and not their fault. Too late to sign anybody else. Another season of Lingard and woody gets a nice bonus for saving the glazers more money. Well played woody.
I think Ed Woodward and Manutd are underestimating the backlash this will cause. They must be prepared for some real backlash their way.

Its also not fair for the alternative they will sign. I am sure they will make the fans look like the bad person here saying the club have spent money and it is covid and hide behind it.

In actual fact the club have gone about this in a way that is quite shameful tbh.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The annoying part of all this is that Sancho could put an end to all this in a heartbeat by coming out and saying he's happy to stay for another year.

The fact he hasn't, yet all his team mates seem to be following the club script seems to indicate something is still going on. If you remember the Ronaldo saga, he refused to say he was staying until the club made it clear that he was going nowhere (that season anyway) and then he came out with the "I stay" interview etc.

Sancho needs to do this in my opinion, put everything to bed once and for all if he's indeed staying

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He said in July that " The clubs have agreed a fee, €60m up front and €60m in installments" which proved to be rubbish
Wowza, example of him being wrong and in the same transfer no less!

keithsingleton

This is further reinforcement that Sancho is staying.
It isn't if you listen to his interview properly, he states for us as in the players not the club. Much as I'd like Sancho I still state this is not our priority in the transfer market it's a luxury buy. Get the fecking defence sorted is my No1 choice.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When i next fill my car up and hand over 85% of the money im going to say 'take it or leave it'. If i leave it until my tank is empty aswell that will really test their resolve
Hope you understand that the moneu
Really dont know why they'd keep saying this if he really would be leaving

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He said in July that " The clubs have agreed a fee, €60m up front and €60m in installments" which proved to be rubbish
No completely true, it was clearly very close as even the Dortmund sided journalists were saying it was nearly done.

Woodward then tried to change the deal at the last moment - whether the Glazers put a hold on it we don't know. There was way too much noise for it to be fake.

TheLord

I fully agree about the Sancho bit.
But we will definitely panic buy one or two 35 millionish players.

croadyman

I think Ed Woodward and Manutd are underestimating the backlash this will cause. They must be prepared for some real backlash their way.

Its also not fair for the alternative they will sign. I am sure they will make the fans look like the bad person here saying the club have spent money and it is covid and hide behind it.

In actual fact the club have gone about this in a way that is quite shameful tbh.
Yeah the backlash needs to be huge towards Woody & co because this is Ole's top target and they aren't willing to deliver it for him

DevilRed

They'll be seriously mugged off if he leaves now.

Should probably have thought about keeping a good relationship with them seeing as we'll almost certainly be sniffing around the likes of Haland and Bellingham in a couple of years.
Haaland has a release clause no?

Also, if we're paying a club anywhere between 90-120m..i think they will continue to do business with us :lol:

I know I would.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Just to confirm..

The reason for the latest doom and gloom 'this is over' etc is because a Dortmund player has said he's happy Sancho is staying..?

Despite the widespread reports that we'll bid this week and the ones before that saying we'd bid in October. We're forgetting ALL of that, because one of their players says he's staying?

What the feck else was he gonna say?! :lol:

This is so on. Already done actually.

Andersons Dietician

The annoying part of all this is that Sancho could put an end to all this in a heartbeat by coming out and saying he's happy to stay for another year.

The fact he hasn't, yet all his team mates seem to be following the club script seems to indicate something is still going on. If you remember the Ronaldo saga, he refused to say he was staying until the club made it clear that he was going nowhere (that season anyway) and then he came out with the "I stay" interview etc.

Sancho needs to do this in my opinion, put everything to bed once and for all if he's indeed staying
For him and his camp it probably doesn’t make any sense to say anything. I would think he probably does want to come, just needs an agreement reached between the two clubs.

If he really didn’t want to come, then sure I would think they’d say something so he can focus on football.

I still feel that part of the agreement will be a large down payment, plus add ons then Dortmund saying for it to go through he has to ask for a transfer request so they can spin it in their favour.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Good point. He even stated in post match interview vs Spurs some time ago, he loves to play in front of his family and friends back in England.

Not a surprise he's thinking about returning and perhaps this summer was or maybe still is for him like genuine opportunity.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Tell me about the backlash and why they should care about it?

They have never cared before.

This deal was never happening this summer at 120 million€. People need to accept that United is a business and is run based on finances. Its quite apparent that finances were healthy enough pre Covid even thought the football was/is shite and we are not title challengers.

rotherham_red

It's taken me a while to get to this, but this saga reminds me most of the failed De Gea transfer saga in 2015.

All summer long we were insistent that he wasn't going, that we weren't going to entertain any offer (let alone set an exhorbitant asking price). Spanish sources (like the English ones are now) were working the Madrid fans up saying he was moments away, all the while Madrid didn't even bother stumping up an offer until the last day, which we duly accepted and but for the fax machine he'd have got his move.

Now, my feeling is that it won't happen this summer still, but stranger things have happened than Sancho getting his move on the final day.

Skeezix

Mark Goldbridge is still very adamant on his latest video that Sancho will join United this window.
If you are into youtube fan channels, I wouldn't recomment Mark Goldbridge or the Football Terrace guy... Complete waste of time, they are just rehashing tabloid news for the clicks and likes.

IAmAWinner

This has been such a rollercoaster of a saga, but now I concede defeat. With only 6 days left, I don't think we will sign him anymore. We will probably try a lowball offer which will be laughed off at Dortmund and that's that.

Andersons Dietician

It's taken me a while to get to this, but this saga reminds me most of the failed De Gea transfer saga in 2015.

All summer long we were insistent that he wasn't going, that we weren't going to entertain any offer (let alone set an exhorbitant asking price). Spanish sources (like the English ones are now) were working the Madrid fans up saying he was moments away, all the while Madrid didn't even bother stumping up an offer until the last day, which we duly accepted and but for the fax machine he'd have got his move.

Now, my feeling is that it won't happen this summer still, but stranger things have happened than Sancho getting his move on the final day.
Someone get the Dortmund fax machine a service to make sure it’s working and get Ed the number for it.

The Irish Connection

Ok if we don’t get him, but we have to have alternatives lined up and get them moving soon obviously.
It would be yet another unacceptable transfer window if we didn’t get at least 3 good players in, if not sancho.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Can any of our resident German speakers clarify if this is definitive.

In English "For us, it's good he stays for one more year" is different to "For us, its good he will stay for one more year".

The first statement has a degree of uncertainty, the second statement is definitive.

...freu, dass er noch mindestens ein Jahr bleibt -> ...happy he's staying for at least another year

Don't get what he's saying once the voice over starts, too loud

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So weird how this thread has become so polarised. On the one hand you have people who truly believe that this transfer will happen during this window and on the other you have people who are objectively wrong.

romufc

Tell me about the backlash and why they should care about it?

They have never cared before.

This deal was never happening this summer at 120 million€. People need to accept that United is a business and is run based on finances. Its quite apparent that finances were healthy enough pre Covid even thought the football was/is shite and we are not title challengers.
The attitude that they wont care is the reason they don't care.

So the club put a brief out last week regarding fans having patience and trusting their methods and they will not be put of by social media noise. That definitely is a sign of caring.

Watch the Spurs documentary, they monitor sales / social media in their meetings. The reason Manutd post stuff on social media is because they generate money.

Backlash will be social media / outside OT protests, alot of negativity around the club.

This backlash will not just be fans, you will see pundits like Neville, Keane, Rio on live TV criticising the club, you think they do not care about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.