Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Supremely talented lad that’s truly MADE for modern football… but that talent is married to a lazy work ethic and self-victimising attitude.

The lad would have coasted at a top club like Kalvin Phillips and seem no shame in declaring himself champion of everything. (Phillips hasn’t)

The fella is juvenile. Hope he gets his shit together. No desire to see it happen here.
Feels like this part is contradictory.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Supremely talented lad that’s truly MADE for modern football… but that talent is married to a lazy work ethic and self-victimising attitude.

The lad would have coasted at a top club like Kalvin Phillips and seem no shame in declaring himself champion of everything. (Phillips hasn’t)

The fella is juvenile. Hope he gets his shit together. No desire to see it happen here.
Modern football is fast paced and needs strong physical players. Sancho isn’t fast or strong.

fps

Pretty much
Sanchez had 45 games, 5 goals and 9 assists
Sanco has 82 games, 12 goals and 6 assists

Sanchez a goal or assist every 3,2 games, or a goal or an assist pr 197 minutes - he had a goal or an assist every 108,4 minute for Arsenal.
Sanco a goal or assist every 4,6 games, or a goal or an assist pr 277 minutes.

Sancho is way worse. Sancho had 50 goals and 64 assists for Dortmund in 137 games, so a goal or an assist every 1.2 matches, or a goal or an assist pr 86,7 minutes

What happened to Sancho is beyond belief, even counting he came from a lesser league.
I honestly think he signed the contract and that amount of money meant it was his mental endpoint, not starting point, as a player.

El Jefe

I was one of his biggest fans prior to joining us and made so many excuses for him in his first season but the longer you watched it became crystal clear that it will never work with him.

He’s without doubt the softest player I’ve ever seen play for the club, both in mentality and physicality. Those two together in the PL is a recipe for disaster. There have been weak and slow players that have made it in the league but none that pull out of 50/50s as often as he does or play with his lack of intensity and poor fitness.

He’s a waster and has probably been one since the beginning. He had a midseason refresher and came back the same player. If he played under Jose or SAF, I think he’d have probably retired from football and opened a legal case against them, that’s how much they would have disliked him and how soft he is.

Cloud7

I would say he's absolutely not made for modern football. Physicality and high energy is more important in modern football than at any point in my life that I've watched it, and Sancho is the total opposite of physical

United888

If the swap deal Sancho with Raphinha is legit then we better take it because we need that creativity on the wing. Our wingers can’t score and assist.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
4 games in a row zero goals.
Hojlund still has zero league goals.

But it’s all good because Antony and Garnacho turn up on time and track back :lol: :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

But it’s all good because Antony and Garnacho turn up on time and track back :lol: :lol:
Feck off, Jadon.

spiriticon

And with Jadon back, it will still be zero goals.

Don't know why there is a big fuss about him,

AneRu

Pathetic post, he has disrespected his manager and shown he doesn't care about the team by putting his ego ahead of his team's interests. We may be shit but we don't need his kind here, it's still the right decision to keep him out.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Feck off, Jadon.

Pathetic post, he has disrespected his manager and shown he doesn't care about the team by putting his ego ahead of his team's interests. We may be shit but we don't need his kind here, it's still the right decision to keep him out.
My boy JS25 AKA Big Sanch AKA Sanchelini jumped off the ship before it sank!

With every shocking attacking performance his grievances become clearer to understand.

Arabic proverb: you don’t have to drink all of the sea’s water to know that it tastes salty.

TheGame

My boy JS25 AKA Big Sanch AKA Sanchelini jumped off the ship before it sank!

With every shocking attacking performance his grievances become clearer to understand.

Arabic proverb: you don’t have to drink all of the sea’s water to know that it tastes salty.
He’s done feck all since he’s been here so we’ve hardly noticed a difference.

YikesSchmeics

Even if we sack ETH, he should be binned immediately. To let him back in now would just pour more gasoline on the fire that is already there in terms of entitlement and player power. I hope he never plays for us again.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Garnacho has done much more and shown more quality. Both Sancho and Antony have been shite and colossal wastes of money.
Garnacho has done more than the same Sancho that has scored at City, Chelsea and Spurs and scored vs. Liverpool too? Let’s not re-write history now. Sancho was one of our better players during the Ralf interim period, it was not his fault that everyone else around him was crap.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Garnacho has done more than the same Sancho that has scored at City, Chelsea and Spurs and scored vs. Liverpool too? Let’s not re-write history now. Sancho was one of our better players during the Ralf interim period, it was not his fault that everyone else around him was crap.
So he played well for 4 months. Great

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Bullshit. Garnacho has been far better than him. He should be shipped out of the club in Jan
The only good game he has had was vs Cucurella AKA Spanish Russell Brand. A left-back playing right-back. Even in the game he scored the bicycle kick he was clumsy on the ball and ineffective. Garnacho has been extremely bad this season and he doesn’t have a football IQ. Unless he improves he’ll be a bench player at somewhere like Osasuna in a few years.

As much as Sancho’s actions have been enraging we have to be honest. Sancho hasn’t been consistently good but he has certainly had his moments. He is also similar to Grealish in how he draws players towards him and makes nice passes to others in space. It cosmetically seems like Garnacho does more because he is more direct, but what is the end result?

Cassidy

The only good game he has had was vs Cucurella AKA Spanish Russell Brand. A left-back playing right-back. Even in the game he scored the bicycle kick he was clumsy on the ball and ineffective. Garnacho has been extremely bad this season and he doesn’t have a football IQ. Unless he improves he’ll be a bench player at somewhere like Osasuna in a few years.

I know you hate Sancho but you need to be honest. Sancho hasn’t been consistently good but he has certainly had his moments. He is also similar to Grealish in how he draws players towards him and makes nice passes to others in space. It cosmetically seems like Garnacho does more because he is more direct, but what is the end result?
Sancho has been bad most seasons… its not hate he just has not been good. Garnacho was better than him last season and thats why he took his place

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Sancho has been bad most seasons… its not hate he just has not been good. Garnacho was better than him last season and thats why he took his place
If a place in a team picked by Ten Hag is the litmus test for quality then Antony is our best winger, right? His performances have undoubtedly been the best, right? Because he never seems to be dropped and gets unlimited chances to play himself into form.

This is likely Sancho’s grievance and why he feels scapegoated. Ten Hag clearly has his favourites. Antony has a bad game and gets a chance to rectify it in the next game. Sancho doesn’t set the world alight and he’s at the back of the queue being reduced to garbage minutes again. You can see why he feels that it’s not just a case of “if I work hard the manager will give me a shot” because the manager has shown that he just doesn’t fancy Sancho stylistically.

you also need to stop conveniently ignoring the good performances Sancho had towards the end of last season.

Cassidy

If a place in a team picked by Ten Hag is the litmus test for quality then Antony is our best winger, right? His performances have undoubtedly been the best, right? Because he never seems to be dropped and gets unlimited chances to play himself into form.

This is likely Sancho’s grievance and why he feels scapegoated. Ten Hag clearly has his favourites. Antony has a bad game and gets a chance to rectify it in the next game. Sancho doesn’t set the world alight and he’s at the back of the queue being reduced to garbage minutes again. You can see why he feels that it’s not just a case of “if I work hard the manager will give me a shot” because the manager has shown that he just doesn’t fancy Sancho stylistically.

you also need to stop conveniently ignoring the good performances Sancho had towards the end of last season.
Antony is dropped plenty but do carry on

TheGame

Either you are being dense or just being a WUM. You know which and you also seem to be the @Amadaeus to Sancho.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How are people arguing that Garnacho has done more than Sancho?

TheGame

Stats across all competitions:

Sancho - 82 appearances, 12 goals, 6 assists
Garnacho - 63 apperances, 9 goals, 7 assists

Garnacho has looked a better player and all round team player than Sancho. Which says it all against someone who cost the fee Sancho did and is on the wages he is. Also amazing that Garnacho got reprimanded during pre season yet came back stronger yet Sancho threw his toys out of the pram like a baby/

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I mean, yes he is. Antony was better last season than any of Sancho's seasons, and while he started this season terribly he's been better again recently. Not good, and certainly not good enough, but better than the other options when we try them there. Which is a sad indictment of those other players (including Sancho) since Antony is hardly setting the world on fire.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Let's remember Sancho was the original 007 meme. He's not exactly got a track record to suggest he'd all of a sudden start outputting Dortmund numbers.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
It is historical revision.

While Sancho hasn’t replicated his BVB form, some posters seemed to suggest that even at BVB he was carried by Haaland and Bellingham and that he was binned by Pep at 17 for his attitude (although he made the brave voluntary choice to seek first-team football at such a young age).

Of course, we read the same sorts of things when it was Pogba and Martial being unable to shine amid the dysfunctional around them. Apparently they were rubbish all along and in Pogba’s case he was carried by Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio.

There are plenty of things Sancho can be criticised for but there needs to be some balance instead of going overboard.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Garnacho has looked a better player and all round team player than Sancho. Which says it all against someone who cost the fee Sancho did and is on the wages he is. Also amazing that Garnacho got reprimanded during pre season yet came back stronger yet Sancho threw his toys out of the pram like a baby/
I agree with the rest you said but it still doesn't mean Garnacho had done more than Sancho.

Trequarista10

Garnacho is 19 and already roughly as productive as Sancho has been for us, so its a weird comparison, and even weirder to try and use it to downplay Garnacho.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Either you are being dense or just being a WUM. You know which and you also seem to be the @Amadaeus to Sancho.
I’m not being a WUM. I’m not the only United fan who holds the opinion that Sancho should have been given a run of games, nor that he should be reinstated, nor that ETH didn’t handle the situation correctly.

Nor am I the only United fan that rates Samcho because he has qualities that none of our other forwards have with the exception of Martial. Our forwards seriously lack football IQ or even good technique in tight spaces. For that matter, so do our midfielders with the exception of Eriksen and Kobbie.

Sancho’s weight of pass, decision-making and ball retention is top class and he has shown it in glimpses. Maybe you don’t value these things in a player because you see football differently to me but it doesn’t mean I am dense or a WUM.

I don’t understand your Amadeus reference but if he’s also in favour of Sancho being reinstated then maybe we view football the same way.

I am a firm advocate that the eye test will always be better than stats. Grealish’s stats aren’t great for City but he’s a crucial part of how they control games and he has been missed when Pep drops him for the more direct Doku.

Garnacho was promising last season. He was direct and tenacious and he showed that he has a great shot. He doesn’t come across as a classy winger that moves gracefully with the ball and plays with his head up and finds players in space like Sancho does. But he has that Latin American Garra Charrua which is useful against tired legs.

The sensible thing to do is for Sancho to start and help you control the game and then bring on Garnacho against tired legs when spaces open up.

This season, however, Garnacho has started above Sancho and he has been found out. The kid’s football IQ needs serious work. He often makes the wrong decision. He also plays with his head down so his awareness is poor. Defenders realise that if you show him the outside he will put in a weak cross on his left peg. On top of not being very creative, he is also not very tricky. He can’t beat defenders from a standing start to create seperation on a consistent basis and even then, he is not blessed with blistering speed that can allow him to just kick and run. One thing that Garnacho is good at, however, is perfectly timed runs in behind. But his one on one finishing his deserted him and he has wasted several great opportunities.

All of this stuff about Sancho being a baby is an opinion you’re entitled to. For me, he stood his ground following being disrespected publicly and he asserted his boundaries. It takes real strength to do that. There’s probably more to this story and we haven’t heard Sancho’s side but it’s funny how everyone is all “Men’s mental health matters” until somebody with pre-existing mental health issues is unnecessarily publicaly criticised (humiliated) by his manager.

You can call Sancho every name under the sun and continue to attack his character. For me, he is a victim of, at the very least, a miscarriage of justice if not outright bullying. I will continue to speak up against any form of injustice and be an advocate for men’s mental health.

TheGame

I’m not being a WUM. I’m not the only United fan who holds the opinion that Sancho should have been given a run of games, nor that he should be reinstated, nor that ETH didn’t handle the situation correctly.

Nor am I the only United fan that rates Samcho because he has qualities that none of our other forwards have with the exception of Martial. Our forwards seriously lack football IQ or even good technique in tight spaces. For that matter, so do our midfielders with the exception of Eriksen and Kobbie.

Sancho’s weight of pass, decision-making and ball retention is top class and he has shown it in glimpses. Maybe you don’t value these things in a player because you see football differently to me but it doesn’t mean I am dense or a WUM.

I don’t understand your Amadeus reference but if he’s also in favour of Sancho being reinstated then maybe we view football the same way.

I am a firm advocate that the eye test will always be better than stats. Grealish’s stats aren’t great for City but he’s a crucial part of how they control games and he has been missed when Pep drops him for the more direct Doku.

Garnacho was promising last season. He was direct and tenacious and he showed that he has a great shot. He doesn’t come across as a classy winger that moves gracefully with the ball and plays with his head up and finds players in space like Sancho does. But he has that Latin American Garra Charrua which is useful against tired legs.

The sensible thing to do is for Sancho to start and help you control the game and then bring on Garnacho against tired legs when spaces open up.

This season, however, Garnacho has started above Sancho and he has been found out. The kid’s football IQ needs serious work. He often makes the wrong decision. He also plays with his head down so his awareness is poor. Defenders realise that if you show him the outside he will put in a weak cross on his left peg. On top of not being very creative, he is also not very tricky. He can’t beat defenders from a standing start to create seperation on a consistent basis and even then, he is not blessed with blistering speed that can allow him to just kick and run. One thing that Garnacho is good at, however, is perfectly timed runs in behind. But his one on one finishing his deserted him and he has wasted several great opportunities.

All of this stuff about Sancho being a baby is an opinion you’re entitled to. For me, he stood his ground following being disrespected publicly and he asserted his boundaries. It takes real strength to do that. There’s probably more to this story and we haven’t heard Sancho’s side but it’s funny how everyone is all “Men’s mental health matters” until somebody with pre-existing mental health issues is unnecessarily publicaly criticised (humiliated) by his manager.

You can call Sancho every name under the sun and continue to attack his character. For me, he is a victim of, at the very least, a miscarriage of justice if not outright bullying. I will continue to speak up against any form of injustice and be an advocate for men’s mental health.
I firmly disagree with everything you say. To make an allegation of bullying against the manager without any evidence is quite something. We are just going to disagree on everything on this matter so let’s just leave it at that.

hobbers

Those grievances being that asking him to turn up to training before 1pm is modern slavery and that he's victimised by being expected to run more than 5km over the course of a football match.

Wing Attack Plan R

You aren't made for modern football if you have a lazy work ethic.
He's made for a 5-aside match where he can just stand near the opposition box at all times.
Only a dumbfeck would take that position.
Those grievances being that asking him to turn up to training before 1pm is modern slavery and that he's victimised by being expected to run more than 5km over the course of a football match.
Should we make the shirts now, Justice 4 Sancho? I agree, anyone defending Sancho is either Sancho himself or a windup merchant.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Mancunian Proverb: Sancho doesn’t have to play every game to know he’s shite :D
That’s a Sale or Macclesfield proverb. You won’t hear these things in places like Moss Side, Longsight and Fallowfield ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.