Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

He had done several months already and not kicked up a fuss. Honestly don't think he would be arsed.
Easier to do that when a mid-season managerial sacking is possible or when it's just a matter of holding on till January. Different kettle of fish when you have to do it until May and possibly beyond. If we toe the hard-line he would be arsed because that's his career down the drain.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
No time to have hard feelings on his purchase, the fee, his salary etc.

The guy doesn't play and is a distraction to the whole club, such as Greenwood.

Better for them to be out of the club and think at their behavior.

It's fine for everyone that we overpaid him, gave him an absolute jackpot, but he didn't behave properly.

He needs to go. He has been awful for the last 3 seasons and I don't expect him to be prime Neymar in two weeks.

Conor

There have been a lot of very weird BDL subplots on the forum over the years, but @Zehner's love affair with Sancho might just take the biscuit.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
There have been a lot of very weird BDL subplots on the forum over the years, but @Zehner's love affair with Sancho might just take the biscuit.
BDL subplot :D Love it. Some of you guys should really leave your bubbles for a change

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
If Dortmund can buy him next summer.

A solution and idea is :

Sancho + money = Florian Wirtz. Not sure Alonso will accept that offer. I would try

Leverkusen would still be a top team in Germany and in champion league next season.
Just nitpicking, it's Simon Rolfes who has to accept, not Alonso

redcucumber

You should stay away from the most in-demand players in your very own interest for the time being. Why would a top talent join you? Your examples are actually deterrants for high profile players. The only reason they'd pick you is the unreal amount of money you can throw at them. Sure, that'll always be enough to convince some but then you shouldn't be surprised when your squad consists of mercenaries who don't care about the club.

Get your act together, focus on players who see it as a big career opportunity to play for you (even if they are smaller in name) and save the high profile transfers for when you've sorted yourself out.
Top talents typically join the top teams. See Chelsea and City over the past 10-15 years. There aren't that many clubs that pay the money the big clubs pay and provide the platform that they do. It's a weird argument, anyway. Should Chelsea not have signed Fernandez? Should United not go for the likes of Olise? These are the young players that most big clubs would sign. It would be rank incompetence if Chelsea and United weren't interested.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Top talents typically join the top teams.

;)

See Chelsea and City over the past 10-15 years. There aren't that many clubs that pay the money the big clubs pay and provide the platform that they do. It's a weird argument, anyway. Should Chelsea not have signed Fernandez? Should United not go for the likes of Olise? These are the young players that most big clubs would sign. It would be rank incompetence if Chelsea and United weren't interested.
What do you hope to achieve by this? You are in such a mess that it is unlikely any player could reproduce the performances that brought them onto your radar to begin with. What you need is a functioning core. A hard working team that is great at doing the basics right and securing a certain bottom level. Once you've achieved this, you can integrate the cerries on the cake. You're in such a rush to get back to the top that you stumble over your own feet constantly.

I mean, do you think all the players you signed just randomly turned to shit when they arrived in Manchester? Or why are they all performing several levels below their former selves? Even if you blame their attitude, do you think the right way to approach this problem is to throw even more money at perceived "must have" signings?

robinrooney

I think it's utterly mental that we paid top dollar for him...........paid him an absolute fortune (for sweet FA in return)...........and are now going to loan him back to the same club we gave the millions to in the first place.........then also subsidise his wages.

What a crackpot way to run a football club.

USREDEVIL

I think it's utterly mental that we paid top dollar for him...........paid him an absolute fortune (for sweet FA in return)...........and are now going to loan him back to the same club we gave the millions to in the first place.........then also subsidise his wages.

i mean it didnt exactly go to plan did it. Now we are left with a fecked situation and trying to make the best of it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

What do you mean "sweet FA", in terms of G/A he's outperformed United's €100m star RW and even this season they are dead even, despite Sancho barely playing.

redshaw

Sancho has some goals and assists. Antony is sweet fa and very poor for the whole time he's been here.

While Sancho maybe underperforming and being stubborn/mismanaged. I'd expect him to deliver more goals and assists over Antony if brought back in our poor attack.

Some may argue defensive qualities of Antony, yet we're on course to conceding ~60 and scoring ~40.

I would've hoped to try and settle the dispute to bring some quality to our attack for the remainder of the season.

Nogho

Acquires Sancho for a substantial sum, dispatches him to the never-neverland temporarily, and subsequently returns him the same way he came. Falters in managing the Greenwood scenario, ultimately choosing to part ways with a strange deal. Procures Antony, whose football prowess leaves much to be desired to say the least.

In summary, expends over £150 million, mishandles the Greenwood situation significantly (they could have solved all of that much better).

I'm so eagerly anticipates the club's realization that investments should prioritize thorough background checks and strong mental attributes, rather than succumbing to media hype and dollars. Please Jim!

Not to overlook the influence of Pogbas and Ronaldos – the virtuosos of social media...

TheGame

Sancho has some goals and assists. Antony is sweet fa and very poor for the whole time he's been here.

While Sancho maybe underperforming and being stubborn/mismanaged. I'd expect him to deliver more goals and assists over Antony if brought back in our poor attack.

Some may argue defensive qualities of Antony, yet we're on course to conceding ~60 and scoring ~40.

I would've hoped to try and settle the dispute to bring some quality to our attack for the remainder of the season.
WTF has he been doing until the current point during his time here? He's been delivering feck all.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can’t wait for him to leave but it’s annoying that it’s Dortmund he’ll be going back to for peanuts.

I bet £50 their social media person uses the caption “you love to see it” when he signs for them.

flameinthesun

Which is funny seeing as bad as Antony has been he got more goals and assists last season than Sancho has done in any of his seasons here. So I'd expect Sancho to deliver sweet fa as well. The reality is neither have been that good for us and both are not United level players.

Ghostrider318

Why do we sign all the useless players for massive wages. Its so soul crushing and infuriating

Addled

Hope he is gone and some of the bad attitude that infects the club goes with him. Rashford is buddies with him so with him gone I hope Rashfords attitude improves. sancho’s leaving can only help.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why do we sign all the useless players for massive wages. Its so soul crushing and infuriating
The thing is: they are not useless before joining United. There is something in the water in Manchester that needs to be figured out.

Gandalf

Which is funny seeing as bad as Antony has been he got more goals and assists last season than Sancho has done in any of his seasons here. So I'd expect Sancho to deliver sweet fa as well. The reality is neither have been that good for us and both are not United level players.
He also played far more games than Sancho has in any season here. I think if you compare them in terms of G/A by minutes played Sancho has been more effective but that is not saying a lot. Sancho is lazy but he was not entirely wrong when calling out ETH for favoritism as I doubt any player that Erik had not personally signed would have had half as many opportunities as Antony.

Rockets Redglare

He also played far more games than Sancho has in any season here. I think if you compare them in terms of G/A by minutes played Sancho has been more effective but that is not saying a lot. Sancho is lazy but he was not entirely wrong when calling out ETH for favoritism as I doubt any player that Erik had not personally signed would have had half as many opportunities as Antony.
That isn’t true though is it? Antony played 3 more games than Sancho last season, who if you remember was also given 3 months off by Ten Hag.

If anyone has received favourable treatment while playing for United it’s Sancho.

clarkydaz

Not exactly a que for him at the moment is there. Be grateful we can actually get him out of the club for a bit

Gandalf

That isn’t true though is it? Antony played 3 more games than Sancho last season, who if you remember was also given 3 months off by Ten Hag.

If anyone has received favourable treatment while playing for United it’s Sancho.
Surprised how often Sancho played last season to be honest but to be basic about it, he has 12 goals in 82 total appearances compared to 8 in 65 for Antony so he is marginally more effective. Both have been given chances primarily because of the fees involved but it arguably makes more sense with Jadon because he has the ability and if a manager had been able to get through to him he could have been a major star in the PL. Antony clearly is not good enough for this level and honestly the more games he plays the more his value diminishes.

flameinthesun

Surprised how often Sancho played last season to be honest but to be basic about it, he has 12 goals in 82 total appearances compared to 8 in 65 for Antony so he is marginally more effective. Both have been given chances primarily because of the fees involved but it arguably makes more sense with Jadon because he has the ability and if a manager had been able to get through to him he could have been a major star in the PL. Antony clearly is not good enough for this level and honestly the more games he plays the more his value diminishes.
The reality is both have shown just as much as each other that they are not cut out for this level, that is Manchester United in the premier league. Antony has done as much/as little as Sancho. Maybe Antony would perform well in the Bundesliga as well, who knows. What we do know though is that both are not good enough for Manchester United.

redshaw

WTF has he been doing until the current point during his time here? He's been delivering feck all.
Sancho has more goals and assists in the PL last season with less minutes played.

Lets hope Antony improves as he has zero goals and assists so far. 1 PL goal in well over a year.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Not exactly a que for him at the moment is there. Be grateful we can actually get him out of the club for a bit
Only a few clubs can pay the type of wages that Man Utd have him on & let's be honest, he hasn't exactly set the league on fire. Add in that he has called his Manager a liar and I'm surprised that any club is in for him.

FortunaUtd

Fun fact is that Dortmund's manager Terzic is the very same guy that as Favre's assistant was tasked with knocking on Sancho's hotel room to get him to come to team meetings. Wonder whether he will now in turn delegate this task to an assistant or whether it will be "Chefsache"...

flameinthesun

Sancho has more goals and assists in the PL last season with less minutes played.

Lets hope Antony improves as he has zero goals and assists so far. 1 PL goal in well over a year.
And Antony has more goals and assists in all comps. Which ever way we spin it they have both been as crap as each other. At least with Antony you'll get someone who'll work his butt off which isn't much but is at least more than what you'd get with Sancho.

TheReligion

Abusive
Only a few clubs can pay the type of wages that Man Utd have him on & let's be honest, he hasn't exactly set the league on fire. Add in that he has called his Manager a liar and I'm surprised that any club is in for him.
Absolutely

The deal with Dortmund is pretty good all things considered

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
You should stay away from the most in-demand players in your very own interest for the time being. Why would a top talent join you? Your examples are actually deterrants for high profile players. The only reason they'd pick you is the unreal amount of money you can throw at them. Sure, that'll always be enough to convince some but then you shouldn't be surprised when your squad consists of mercenaries who don't care about the club.

Get your act together, focus on players who see it as a big career opportunity to play for you (even if they are smaller in name) and save the high profile transfers for when you've sorted yourself out.
Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.