Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

Perfect deal.

Can re-evaluate under a new coach & recruitment team in the Summer but allows him to regain form & value in the meantime.

AFC NimbleThumb

You should stay away from the most in-demand players in your very own interest for the time being. Why would a top talent join you? Your examples are actually deterrants for high profile players. The only reason they'd pick you is the unreal amount of money you can throw at them. Sure, that'll always be enough to convince some but then you shouldn't be surprised when your squad consists of mercenaries who don't care about the club.

Get your act together, focus on players who see it as a big career opportunity to play for you (even if they are smaller in name) and save the high profile transfers for when you've sorted yourself out.
Bravo.

Personally think most footballers are ‘mercenaries’ inherently due to the job but can’t fault anything else there.

Rockets Redglare

Surprised how often Sancho played last season to be honest but to be basic about it, he has 12 goals in 82 total appearances compared to 8 in 65 for Antony so he is marginally more effective. Both have been given chances primarily because of the fees involved but it arguably makes more sense with Jadon because he has the ability and if a manager had been able to get through to him he could have been a major star in the PL. Antony clearly is not good enough for this level and honestly the more games he plays the more his value diminishes.
Oh I agree they’ve both been crap, I just hate the fact that Sancho is blaming everyone but himself for his dismal form and poor attitude.

parmenio

Hopefully he regains form at Dortmund so can improve his transfer fee in the summer. He’s a bad egg and sooner we cut our losses on him the better. Damage limitation job now. He’s done here for sure.

Demaw

Sparks will fly and bigger questions asked if Sancho goes to Germany and starts killing it again. Was it ETH or more?

redshaw

Sparks will fly and bigger questions asked if Sancho goes to Germany and starts killing it again. Was it ETH or more?
Could be lots of reasons if he does do well again from being disillusioned or mismanaged by United. Bringing in Antony at 85m kills off his likely position here as he wasn't ousting Rashford. Does he favour the left going forward and we've not really established that with the player. Different type of football system, he was isolated for England and I said he'd be like that here unless we change or both adapt. If he does knuckle down over there, does he have more distractions back in the UK? He might just have the odd friend over like last time if I recall, perhaps he can concentrate on football with help from the club.

With Rashford so hot and cold and limited abilities, could we sell him and look to change our football with Sancho there next season. Seems a galaxy away from that happening though, I don't think there's any belief in that so I guess the best we get is a good fee to reinvest. I don't think he can be a squad player here, he will just end up the same way.

Even his start was very low key under Ole, you can't blame the spotlight and being pressurized but the management may have let him wander. When you come in for 72m and the wages, you expect to play and there be a plan for you. I would've used him more and got him up to speed.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Don’t think anyone could defend Sancho with his poor form on the pitch and questionable attitude in training ground.

But feck sake ETH way of man management has been equally disaster, especially considering his persistence playing with Antony all the time here, who has been one of the biggest the clown in the league.

I think part of the reason Sancho value has been plummeting so low is due to his total mis-management.

MUFCpiffgawd

Don’t think anyone could defend Sancho with his poor form on the pitch and questionable attitude in training ground.

But feck sake ETH way of man management has been equally disaster, especially considering his persistence playing with Antony all the time here, who has been one of the biggest the clown in the league.

I think part of the reason Sancho value has been plummeting so low is due to his total mis-management.
I think ETH deserves equal blame tbh.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
If he does knuckle down over there, does he have more distractions back in the UK? He might just have the odd friend over like last time if I recall
I do believe this. It just so often happened that the reports about trouble in Dortmund came around/shortly after international breaks etc - so after he spend a few days back in the UK. There might be a reason for this, and if true, he would be under this influence full time in Manchester.[/QUOTE]

Oldyella

Perfect deal.

Can re-evaluate under a new coach & recruitment team in the Summer but allows him to regain form & value in the meantime.
New coach or not I hope we are done with him. And if not, hope the fans give him pelters.

cyberman

The man was taking the piss long before Ten Hag took charge.
People bring up what would SAF have done to suit their own argument but he would have savaged Sancho over this, never mind what Keane would have done if he was a player today.

Laurencio

Antonys stats in 2023 are horrific. He's managed 1 goal and 2 assists in 2077mins in the PL. :lol:

Didnt realise it was that bad.
You could almost understand why Sancho said he's trained well and there are other reasons why he doesn't get to play.

Antony is the biggest waste of Money we have ever had. 95M euros! Bayern paid that for Kane!

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The man was taking the piss long before Ten Hag took charge.
People bring up what would SAF have done to suit their own argument but he would have savaged Sancho over this, never mind what Keane would have done if he was a player today.
I don't think anyone doubts that SAF would have quickly gotten rid of him if he publicy went against SAF. I guess the question is more: Would it have escalated to this point, or would SAF have found a way to make it work with Sancho? Don't forget that SAF had amazing people skills, just because it didn't work under Ole and EtH doesn't mean that SAF would have been unable to get Sancho to perform well regularly.

Judas

Open to offers
What sparks? Everyone expects him to do better there. The league suits him more, and they’re clearly going to pander to him. It’ll be the ideal environment for him.

UpWithRivers

I'd leave him where he is training by himself till his contract runs out. Why pay for him to play for someone else.

Laurencio

I'd leave him where he is training by himself till his contract runs out. Why pay for him to play for someone else.
Here's a radical idea. What about playing the boy being paid 350k and not painting yourself into a corner by demanding a "public apology" and destroying his transfer value by exclaiming to the world that he's the worst professional in football?

I'm all for standards long term, but my god, make it easier on yourself.

Jinn

Here's a radical idea. What about playing the boy being paid 350k and not painting yourself into a corner by demanding a "public apology" and destroying his transfer value by exclaiming to the world that he's the worst professional in football?

Apologising to your team mates is not a public apology.
Sancho is just an entitled kid. He's too childish and can't accept criticism. Much like a spoilt teenager.

Judas

Open to offers

Where is this stated? Where is this demand? I must have missed it.

astracrazy

Perfect deal.

It amazes me people want players with his sort of attitude still at the club. Nearly as bad as someone a few weeks ago saying they'd have Di Maria back. It's as if we never learn...

GoldanoGraham

He is a complete Bell-end - the quicker he is out of the door the better.

He should NEVER be allowed back based on his childish behaviour.

Another big transfer loss.

laughtersassassin

Pathetic loan fee considering what we pay others.

But one big thing to note here is with a six months loan and no option to buy we are very clearly keeping our options open for him to return.

Obviously he'll never return under ETH but as ETH is one foot out the door I think it's very clear we do not intend to sell until we know if our inevitable new manager wants him.

Obviously if ETH turns things around he will be sold but it's not looking likely that he will be our manager next year.

It's not unlikely that a new manager may want him. Especially as the other option is Antony.

And while he may be a "bad egg" that's for a new manager to decide. We will never know the full story and everything reported has to be taken with a pinch of salt considering it's all seemingly from ETHs perspective.

Laurencio

Where is this stated? Where is this demand? I must have missed it.
Per the Atletic
Inside Jadon Sancho’s Manchester United exile: Ten Hag row, apology stand-off and exit plan - The Athletic

Ten Hag wanted an apology to his face, which the club would then communicate publicly as a means of contextualising Sancho’s return to the squad. Sancho pushed back against this double acknowledgment of wrongdoing. His representatives, including lawyers, were involved in the process, which ended in a deadlock. There was no request from United for Sancho to apologise to Ten Hag in front of the squad or to them.
The player has to apologise personally, and accept that United can publicise that apology, and also work hard to get his place back. Otherwise, there will be no return. Ten Hag is determined to exert his authority on a club that has experienced problems over discipline. Relenting now would, he feels, diminish the respect he holds.
The response to which has been:

Sancho has done his daily work either solo or with academy players. Mark Dempsey, head coach of the under-21s, has put Sancho through his paces at times.

Sancho is not allowed in the senior facilities, so has parked his car near the academy building and got ready there before going out to adjacent pitches. While changing into training gear, he has to lock himself inside the academy dressing room owing to safeguarding directives, ensuring he does not inadvertently mix with any underage players.

He is also prohibited from using the first-team canteen. Instead, his food is brought to him in a lunch box across the walkway, which is lined by a mural listing all the players to have graduated from the academy to senior football.

To those academy players Sancho has mixed with during his exile, he has made a good impression. In the week Ten Hag’s team went to Bayern Munich in the Champions League, Sancho watched United’s under-18s against Nottingham Forest at Carrington. He stayed afterwards and answered questions from teenagers at the start of their professional careers. Those who have trained with him say he has been polite, which may seem like a minimal requirement but it is not a given when stars address their juniors.
There are disputed accounts of how the meetings between Sancho and the club have been, but there are two basic stories. One - the club hierarchy's - claiming that Sancho refuses to apologise at all, and that Sancho believes he has apologised by removing the social media post. The second is that Sancho had no problem apologising for making his issues public in social media, but that he doesn't believe he should apologise to the manager for questioning his professionalism and selection policy, and for any such apology to made into a public "humilation".

---

Whichever way you look at it, it's horribly handled.

James35

3m euros is what £2.6m. So they are paying about £120k a week for him.

Not great but what I expected and definitely more than the likes of a Juventus would pay.

Wish he wasn’t the way he is attitude wise and he got on with the boss as I’d take Sancho (anyone) over Antony every day of the week…trouble is I still don’t think ten Hag would choose him which again touches on the favouritism Sancho mentioned.

Sancho, ten Hag (and Antony) all out would be ideal for me.

Mike Smalling

Good fecking riddance. Hopefully sends a message that these divas can't just leech their massive contracts and put in minimal effort.

For all his other flaws, I applaud ETH for this.

Jinn

Yeah, a public apology from Sancho would mean he goes in front of a camera and says sorry.
What was required from the 'young, dumb and full of cum' player was an apology to the manager and his team mates, then the club will communicate it to the press.
Very different.

Laurencio

Yeah, a public apology from Sancho would mean he goes in front of a camera and says sorry.
What was required from the 'young, dumb and full of cum' player was an apology to the manager and his team mates, then the club will communicate it to the press.
Very different.
The vast majority of bust ups between players and managers are handled internally where they communicate "we've spoken and worked things out between us" to the press. There is a absolutely no need for an "apology" to be made into a public announcement. Especially not when the player is 22 and all he's done wrong is post a stupid social media post.

Ten Hag is using humiliation to impose his authority - he did it with Maguire, Ronaldo and now Sancho. It's nonsense.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The vast majority of bust ups between players and managers are handled internally where they communicate "we've spoken and worked things out between us" to the press. There is a absolutely no need for an "apology" to be made into a public announcement. Especially not when the player is 22 and all he's done wrong is post a stupid social media post.

Ten Hag is using humiliation to impose his authority - he did it with Maguire, Ronaldo and now Sancho. It's nonsense.
The little problem is, that Sancho claimed there are other reasons than performance why he was left out of the squad. That makes it somewhat difficult to deal with it that easily. If he had just disagreed on his performance, than it would be easy and most managers would say something like "Well I think he is wrong, that's why he wasn't in the squad, but I like his confidence" or whatever and be done with that issue.

I can understand that the manager/club wants a bit more in this case.

Laurencio

The little problem is, that Sancho claimed there are other reasons than performance why he was left out of the squad. That makes it somewhat difficult to deal with it that easily. If he had just disagreed on his performance, than it would be easy and most managers would say something like "Well I think he is wrong, that's why he wasn't in the squad, but I like his confidence" or whatever and be done with that issue.

I can understand that the manager/club wants a bit more in this case.
I don't see why. It could easily be solved by brushing it off as insignificant and being down to insufficent communication between them. The classic line "We've sat down and had a chat" would work wonders. That doesn't mean it solves anything long term, but it allows you time to fix the relationship and find a buyer for the player. The way this is handled you're crashing the value, destroying the relationship and likely causing unecessary disharmony within the squad.

RedUnited86

I bet the first thing he packs is a UK-EU adapter for his PS5.

The cnut is a more expensive Lingard.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't see why. It could easily be solved by brushing it off as insignificant and being down to insufficent communication between them. The classic line "We've sat down and had a chat" would work wonders. That doesn't mean it solves anything long term, but it allows you time to fix the relationship and find a buyer for the player. The way this is handled you're crashing the value, destroying the relationship and likely causing unecessary disharmony within the squad.
Would be a terrible way to handle player power. The only thing I'm upset about is Sancho wasn't booted earlier.

Laurencio

Would be a terrible way to handle player power. The only thing I'm upset about is Sancho wasn't booted earlier.
How? Publicly defusing a situation, managing the squad and selling the player at the first opportunity for the best possible price isn't bending to player power - it's being a football manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I bet the first thing he packs is a UK-EU adapter for his PS5.

The cnut is a more expensive Lingard.
:lol: On 300k a week he'll just buy a new PS5 in Germany.
--
Fingers crossed he does half decent again. If he's shite we aren't getting a penny for him and we'll be stuck until his contract runs out.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How? Publicly defusing a situation, managing the squad and selling the player at the first opportinity for the best possible price isn't bending to player power - it's being a football manager.
Sancho came out with some outlandish accusations, kept them up for a prolonged period of time and never released any follow up statement to clarify or apologise from his end.

All this after chronic underperformance and poor professionalism after the manager gave an precendeted carrot - giving him a month off to get his mentality straight to play for us and actually be a professional again.

Yes, I think any player who turns around and spits on that, is a bit of a mug. Especially if he's done it for the SECOND TIME. He's claimed he was a scapegoat when Dortmund were getting annoyed by him too. Do you not see where the problem is here? The man's so lazy he can't even mix up his posts to make him sound genuine. He rehashed the same statement he tried to defend himself at Dortmund with :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.