g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho | Slippy G wants a loan | Ornstein says it isn't happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We kind of leave our selves short if he goes. That’s why other transfer windows still being open is a joke.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
If we lost Antony then Sancho may be needed, the only concern is if Sancho is exiled by ETH for his comments then maybe a loan is best for all parties
I would rather see Amad (when he's back) or Pellistri playing ahead of Sancho. Sancho has a lot of making up to do if he wants to stay at United but I see that silly statement he put out is still pinned on his twitter account so it's not looking good for him.

Onerealunited

Not at all a bad idea. Given the time and the fact that we wont be able to replace him set a loan fee of 20-25m EUR. I would not mind 20-25m to help us strengthen further in Jan, but then those 20-25m might go as dividends to the Glazers

Dan_F

Mount has played on the right before hasn’t he? We have four genuine options for the two midfield places, plus Hannibal, Mainoo Amad, Pellistri to cover for the first team.

Conor

He's hardly going to go to Saudi at this point in his career.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Loans with "obligations to buy" should be called "purchases with delayed payments".
The obligations are usually conditional. Bailly went to Marseille with an obligation where the criteria was not met.

Mainoldo

If they want to pay all his wages and give us a £35m loan fee which should cover Olise :lol:

Sounds good to me.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The transfer window is closed so we cannot sign anyone, we have a serious problem hanging about us right now with one of our other wide attackers, we are thin in attack as it is, and we want to push out Sancho towards Saudi Arabia?
To be left with whom, Garnacho, Amad and Pellistri? One 19 year old who has shown amazing promise but clearly is not ready yet to start for a top team? The other two being 21 year olds who have shown absolutely nothing in terms of top level quality yet? One of them injured too?
Or do we want Rashford to play in double positions in each and every game? And then on top cover for ST since our strikers are another 20 year old and then Martial who realistically will be out for half the season again?
We are a top team supposed to be competing in four competitions. I cannot figure out for the life of me what people are thinking.

Yes, Sancho is obviously struggling with something. Yes, he did a stupid thing posting on social media. Yes, he reportedly does not smile enough on PR photo shoots.
He can still play football. Just because, sadly, he has not exactly set the world alight since joining us does not mean he is worse than our other options that we would be left with. The other options merely have massively lower expectations attached, because noone expects them to be starters.
The manager and the player need to work it out. We need Sancho.

Also, can I just say how thoroughly annoying, unpleasant and actually disgusting I find this new reflex of constantly posting stuff like "Ship 'player xy' to Saudi Arabia!", "Let's hope the Saudis take him!", etc..
Why would you wish it on anyone to have to play in Saudi Arabia, for Steven fecking Gerrard no less.
Urgh.
What difference does it make? He's not going to play another game for us most likely. We have Pellistri and Amad (when he returns) to take his spot on the bench.

Tarrou

the most exciting thing to happen nowadays is some idiot wants to buy our dead-wood :lol:

Darlington Padgett

Mount has played on the right before hasn’t he? We have four genuine options for the two midfield places, plus Hannibal, Mainoo Amad, Pellistri to cover for the first team.
I think he only played on the left, but he tracks back as much as Antony and he can cross.

Conor

Neves left at 26.
He was playing for Wolves and wasn't capable of earning crazy money in a traditional big league. Sancho could still get 200k+ a week from an established team at this point, someone will be willing to take a chance that he just doesn't suit us.

ShinjiNinja26

A loan has no benefit and we’d be short of options on the right, plus all the uncertainly around Antony. Also feck helping slippy G in any way.

Last edited:

Drizzle

Don't see how we benefit from a loan to Saudi. Hardly gonna increase his value.
If he's seen as a problem in the dressing room or a challenge to the manager's authority, then this temporarily removes that issue. Especially if he's deemed as basically not going to play serious minutes for us in the meantime.

talking robot

A loan has no benefit and we’d be short of options on the right, plus all the certainly around Antony. Also feck helping slippy G in any way.
Agreed. A lot depends on the Anthony situation. The club will have a lot of information on that. If the chance of Anthony getting imprisoned between now and January 1 is high, then we should keep Sancho. If the chances are very low (even because of delays in processing time), then we can take a risk to loan out Sancho. We'll be better off long term if Sancho gets sold. He's not good enough to really make it here, and better to sell now while he still might have some market value.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How short we'd be on options really depends on a) what happens with the Antony situation, b) how willing ETH is to use Pellistri more regularly and c) how willing he is to use one of Bruno or Mount out wide if needed.

Smores

How short we'd be on options really depends on a) what happens with the Antony situation, b) how willing ETH is to use Pellistri more regularly and c) how willing he is to use one of Bruno or Mount out wide if needed.
Can see Bruno out wide being the option he goes to. Solves the midfield issue and really Bruno is decent enough there with Pellestri covering.

Telsim

Picking up (unless the source is the same)

FerociousCorgis

feck off with the loan deal talk. Saudis have been throwing around money left and right on talents nowhere near sanchos potential. They want him they need to pay up.

Plastic Evra

Outcast.
I'm sorry Ms. Fletcher (oh), I am for real
Never meant to make your supporters cry
I apologize a trillion times.

putzmcgee123

As much as I would love for this to happen (with an obligation to buy), I would be absolutely floored if this got done.

Status
Not open for further replies.